The Current Year 10 Thread (2016-2017)

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexemmamay3101)
    We have sets in maths English and science. However triple science was an option this year and lots of people chose it as it was the 'only OK thing in the column' so I'm in class full of people who hate science and some are predicted Ds (not that that's bad I just think they shouldn't be in triple!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the same thing with my French class, people thought you had to take a language when you don't. I actually love French but it's sad when I'm in a class where most people are doing it because they have to

ReputationRep:
    We have sets in maths English and science. However triple science was an option this year and lots of people chose it as it was the 'only OK thing in the column' so I'm in class full of people who hate science and some are predicted Ds (not that that's bad I just think they shouldn't be in triple!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found out on Friday that I'm predicted a 9 for Chemistry... I was never expecting it, now I know I really need to get myself together and proper work hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartynaJP6)
    I found out on Friday that I'm predicted a 9 for Chemistry... I was never expecting it, now I know I really need to get myself together and proper work hard!
    That's amazing! I'm predicted an A* so I need to work really hard too, however I did come out of ks3 with an 8c in science so it is one of my strongest subjects. Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartynaJP6)
    A 9 in a science 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾. Prepare to work your arse off though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sardonic Zarah)
    I think I can only deal with number topics in maths, shapes, graphs etc are just so much effort. Are you with AQA
    I am finding out my board tommorow then I'll get back to you I think Im with AQA though. Are you?

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing! I'm predicted an A* so I need to work really hard too, however I did come out of ks3 with an 8c in science so it is one of my strongest subjects. Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sameee, however I came out of ks3 with a 7a-8c and I am predicted an 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephaniex)
    I am finding out my board tommorow then I'll get back to you I think Im with AQA though. Are you?
    I'm with edexcel, 3 1 hour and a 1/2 exams 🙄

ReputationRep:
    lool all of you guys are predicted 9s and 8s and I'm her with predictions of 4s

anyway has anyone of u guys done a specimen (sample assessment) paper in maths or science. we did the aqa one in maths and it was absolutely dreadful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    lool all of you guys are predicted 9s and 8s and I'm her with predictions of 4s

anyway has anyone of u guys done a specimen (sample assessment) paper in maths or science. we did the aqa one in maths and it was absolutely dreadful
    Hey, 4s are good (they're like Cs), if you work hard you could aim even higher than your predicted grades.

For maths, every month I do a GCSE paper. In September, I got a low A which equates to a 7/8

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow thats good man😭 i should be getting my result roday , so wish me luck🙏
    And i really dont care about predicted grades as ive already gotten waay higher in maths and physics(i think 😝😂)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    Oh wow thats good man😭 i should be getting my result roday , so wish me luck🙏
    And i really dont care about predicted grades as ive already gotten waay higher in maths and physics(i think 😝😂)
    You'll ace it 😊

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! And likewise, well done! We're gonna have to work hard, but it will all be worth it

ReputationRep:
    A 9 in a science 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾. Prepare to work your arse off though
    Thank you, and I know, I'm bracing myself, but I'm prepared to work as hard as I need to After all, it will all be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    You'll ace it 😊
    Thanks , i got my result (only for physics tho)
    I got a 6 which im very happy about 😂😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    Thanks , i got my result (only for physics tho)
    I got a 6 which im very happy about 😂😉
    Give it two years and it'll be 9s all round 😂😊

ReputationRep:
    Obviously 😉
    I did quite good compared to my class as the highest grade was a 7+ and only one person got it.

Anyway have u got any results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forre)
    Obviously 😉
    I did quite good compared to my class as the highest grade was a 7+ and only one person got it.

Anyway have u got any results?
    Well done! I get my physics test back tomorrow and I'm so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I get my physics test back tomorrow and I'm so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it, It'll probably be great af 😂😊

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone doing in maths?
    I'm currently doing trig and surds
    I finished that topic a few weeks ago. I found it quite easy except for rationalising denominators with surds. I have took lots of extra work home to try and ace it but I'm still not getting them correct every time.

ReputationRep:
    Getting so stressed right now because of my anxiety, I have my unit one English language in November and my unit one English lit in Jan. Advice?

On another note anyone else had lots of test lately? The only results I have had back so far are:
    Spanish: A
    Chemistry: A
    Biology: A*
    I'm getting two maths tests and a physics back next week and feel like I've done terrible
    How's everyone else doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had a lot of tests lately. I don't know what grade I got in most of them but I know what mark.
    English-29/40 (grade 6)
    Spanish Picture Based Speaking-17/24
    Maths-27/29
    Chemistry-38/39- I could have got full marks but when I looked at the mark scheme I talked my teacher out of one of the marks because I didn't think U deserved it- I'm too honest
    Biology- something like 34/56 (grade 5)
    Business-36/45 (A)
    I'm going to get my physics and geography tests back after my 2 week holiday which started yesterday

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.