[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxsciencemathsxX)
    Got an offer to study Maths (MMath) from Bath yesterday!
    Yay well done!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard ANYTHING from Warwick? Sent my application on Monday and have received acknowledgement emails from all 4 of my other choices, but nothing from Warwick at all!

ReputationRep:
    I just sent off my ucas application to Warwick, Edinburgh, KCL, Birmingham and Sheffield for computer science. I am an international student. I am really worried

ReputationRep:
    It's weird to think in about a year from now we'll (hopefully) be at uni.

ReputationRep:
    And now the waiting game begins for two emails, one saying my A* prediction for Maths is confirmed and the other for my A* prediction for Politics is confirmed.

Then I can apply! Hopefully it will be tonight but honestly I'm not betting on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tictactao)
    I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! You're so smart omg XD Thank god offers are a bit slower than they usually are this year it makes waiting to send the applications off not so bad.
    Thank you!! Sorry for the late reply I didn't receive a notification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    Has anyone heard ANYTHING from Warwick? Sent my application on Monday and have received acknowledgement emails from all 4 of my other choices, but nothing from Warwick at all!
    Warwick has not started...No offers.

I do not know why... Last year I remember someone getting an offer on 25th of September! This year they are relatively slow

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer for Swansea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Warwick has not started...No offers.

I do not know why... Last year I remember someone getting an offer on 25th of September! This year they are relatively slow
    I hope they will start sending out offers soon. I guess they are not sending out offers because they are waiting for applications from those will apply late (late as in november december).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    Nothing, not even a confirmation email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayoniRoy)
    I hope they will start sending out offers soon. I guess they are not sending out offers because they are waiting for applications from those will apply late (late as in november december).
    No they send offers as they receive the applications. They do not accumulate applications. We have just to wait till they start looking at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayoniRoy)
    I just sent off my ucas application to Warwick, Edinburgh, KCL, Birmingham and Sheffield for computer science. I am an international student. I am really worried
    Don't Worry, where are you coming from?

ReputationRep:
    I just phoned Warwick and they essentially told me not to apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hurricaneellin)
    Don't Worry, where are you coming from?
    Manchester.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    JK I am international

ReputationRep:
    Got an acknowledgment email from imperial today so at least I know my application isn't stuck in UCAS limbo.

Still waiting on warwick though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    I just phoned Warwick and they essentially told me not to apply
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Guys why are you all worrying about Warwick so much? They will obviously get back to you eventually - it doesnt matter that they haven't responded yet. If anything, it is a lot better that they wait and take everyone's application into consideration (as I know they do at Edinburgh) as it is fair.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. My Biology teacher is saying she's going to predict me a B despite getting an A in the past 2 official mocks. Other students got a lower A than me but are still predicted As.
    I cannot wait to fight her

ReputationRep:
    Application was sent off by school on Tuesday. Got acknowledgment from Cambridge a day later and Bristol today. Nothing from Warwick, LSE or Durham yet though

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 7th of September (crazy, I know!), and I haven't got any decisions yet! Apart from Cambridge, I applied to Durham, UCL and Exeter. Are these unis really as slow to make decisions as people say they are? (By the way, I'm a post-qalification applicant and am applying for English)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.