Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Yep with one of them being the manager now.
    I don't really mind, we got Luke Young off them xD
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Languagesfreak)
    I don't really mind, we got Luke Young off them xD
    Indeed it was nice to steal a player from them for a change.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it was nice to steal a player from them for a change.
    I'm sure we'll steal plenty more when they go down :p:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm sure we'll steal plenty more when they go down :p:
    Is any of them worth stealing

ReputationRep:
    Is any of them worth stealing
    Tuncay?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Tuncay?
    Yeah maybe him, he's the only one looking likely who can do a job.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe him, he's the only one looking likely who can do a job.
    Tuncay is more than good enough for any team like Villa, Spurs, Man City, Everton. Honestly, he's excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Other than Tuncay and Downing I can't really think of anyone else who'd be able to perform week in week out in the Premiership at other clubs. Some would make for good back up though, like Bates etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Other than Tuncay and Downing I can't really think of anyone else who'd be able to perform week in week out in the Premiership at other clubs. Some would make for good back up though, like Bates etc.
    Gary O'Neil

/totally biased opinion, of course.. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Gary O'Neil

/totally biased opinion, of course.. :teeth:
    Yeah, always thought O'Neil is a pretty good player as well. Premiership quality.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Tuncay was dangerous at first but it seemed Southgate changed his position towards the end of the first half and he seemed less effective.

ReputationRep:
    Tuncay was dangerous at first but it seemed Southgate changed his position towards the end of the first half and he seemed less effective.
    He changed it when downing was crunched, moved tuncay into midfield and brought on our sexattacking-postal robbing donkey Marlon King, iirc.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahahahaha thats boro down after this weekend because your never going to get 3 points at west ham

ReputationRep:
    Boro are really bad, but I can see you getting a win at Wham. Johnson to bag the winner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend0777)
    hahahahahahahahaha thats boro down after this weekend because your never going to get 3 points at west ham
    Couldn't disagree more. Infact, I'd go one further and say they're capable of the 3 goal win they'd need to survive (although I can't see Villa getting anything against Newcastle - hence their survival at the expense of Boro and Hull)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunningstunt87)
    Couldn't disagree more. Infact, I'd go one further and say they're capable of the 3 goal win they'd need to survive (although I can't see Villa getting anything against Newcastle - hence their survival at the expense of Boro and Hull)
    Are you kidding? Boro will never keep a clean sheet, and I can't see them getting 3 goals from anywhere. The only time they've scored 3 this season was against a Hull side on dreadful form.

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding? Boro will never keep a clean sheet, and I can't see them getting 3 goals from anywhere. The only time they've scored 3 this season was against a Hull side on dreadful form.
    I'm sure Boro could keep a clean sheet against the desperately woeful strikeforce of Tristan and Di Michele (though i'm not faulting either for effort). My nan could keep a clean sheet against those two.

As for scoring 3, we have a knack of toilet players banging them in for fun against us. So rest assured, Afonso Alves will look like a Brazilian superstar and the best £12 million ever spent come 5.55 sunday afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunningstunt87)
    I'm sure Boro could keep a clean sheet against the desperately woeful strikeforce of Tristan and Di Michele (though i'm not faulting either for effort). My nan could keep a clean sheet against those two.

As for scoring 3, we have a knack of toilet players banging them in for fun against us. So rest assured, Afonso Alves will look like a Brazilian superstar and the best £12 million ever spent come 5.55 sunday afternoon.
    I doubt he will, he's injured :p: Boro's defence has been awful, you'll get a goal from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Gargoyle O'Neil will keep you up with one or two of his magical goals.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he will, he's injured :p: Boro's defence has been awful, you'll get a goal from somewhere.
    Is he? Its Ok. I forgot Aliadiere, who is quite possibly the worst striker I've ever seen at West Ham, and he's got some competiton for that from Titi Camara, Neil Mellor, Richard Garcia and I still have nightmares about Iain Dowie. So no fretting Boro fans, that useless piece of Garbage is due a hat trick, plus the inevitable goal against his former club. Plus a couple from Gary O Neil.

I revise my prediction. 6-0 Boro.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 28, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.