Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thyssen1207)
    That ain't upated. We get one straight in our pigeonholes in the Economics department.
    Where it gives texts, are these ones that you have to buy, or can get by through getting them from the library when you need them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamie)
    Where it gives texts, are these ones that you have to buy, or can get by through getting them from the library when you need them?
    No you don't have to buy all of them. I only bought the essential ones such as Economics (Sloman, 6th ed) which covers 2 modules (Principles and EEI). Albeit not having bought all of the recommended texts, I've managed alright just going to the library. Library provision is not that great but it does suffice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thyssen1207)
    No you don't have to buy all of them. I only bought the essential ones such as Economics (Sloman, 6th ed) which covers 2 modules (Principles and EEI). Albeit not having bought all of the recommended texts, I've managed alright just going to the library. Library provision is not that great but it does suffice.
    Sloman is awesome. It even worked for me and I'm mathematically incompetent. Buy it!

ReputationRep:
    I am kinda feeling lost! I think I'll check what do I have to buy and all those options after those stupid exmas finish!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandon_30)
    I am kinda feeling lost! I think I'll check what do I have to buy and all those options after those stupid exmas finish!!
    just wait till you get there u dont want to buy things u dont need, they may change their stocks in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandon_30)
    Don't worry about it. These stuff could wait. Concentrate first with your exams or something.

ReputationRep:
    hey...jus wonderin ..if you dont get the grades u need to get into bham uni, does the uni still consider you and is it likely they will take you, if you only missed it by a grade ...also if you didnt get the place , is it worth doing there foundation year in business and then go on to do an economics degree at bham ?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simB)
    hey...jus wonderin ..if you dont get the grades u need to get into bham uni, does the uni still consider you and is it likely they will take you, if you only missed it by a grade ...also if you didnt get the place , is it worth doing there foundation year in business and then go on to do an economics degree at bham ?

xx
    i hope they do stick to it otherwise you get students who aren't really up to standard.
    i dont think they do do foundation, i am sure you can meet ABB, its not that hard simb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantthinkofaname)
    i hope they do stick to it otherwise you get students who aren't really up to standard.
    i dont think they do do foundation, i am sure you can meet ABB, its not that hard simb.
    Although I agree with that in principle, even a straight A candidate can blip - for most it depends on exams, which fall predominately in a two, maybe three, week block. If you get even just a cold, hayfever, family issues or whatever, of course their performance in that time period will be affected. However if someone just doesn't put the work in through laziness and misses it by a grade, then that's unfair on everybody else.

Does anyone know if when they send the accommodation forms out and acceptances if you can ask for them to be faxed to you? I'm in the USA from the end of July until well into September, probably getting back the week I have to move in, and I've heard that the forms have to be replied to in a week - but obviously I'm not here to get them, and international post is very dodgy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantthinkofaname)

its jus i messed up my maths exam today

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I've just finished my Economics degree this summer and have main texts for most of the 2nd year modules including macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics etc.... if any1 is interested in buying books from me at sound prices feel free to contact me soon, many thanks

ReputationRep:
    P.S. I also have 1st year books if anyone is interested, cheers again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simB)
    Don't be so down! Have some faith You never know, you might have aced it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simB)
    was it c4? cuz if it was oh god the exam was hellish!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I mean i am usually really good at C4 but this exam was like OMG!! and i did a thousand stupid mistakes u have no idea!!
    I hope there is a curve! I messed up my Chemistry tests today too.
    I had to do C4 math from 11:30 till 1:00
    and then do chem from 3:30 till 6:45 two units one after the other.
    and in this 2 hours and a half break..i dind't go to sleep or rest!!! I had lunch at a near by mall and continued my day!
    Oh god i really want 4 A's really really really. I hope i get them!!

ReputationRep:
    aww damn that must for been hard..yeah C4 was a *****!!..lol.im sure you ll do great lovely ...nah if all fails for im gonna do a foundation year at bham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simB)
    aww damn that must for been hard..yeah C4 was a *****!!..lol.im sure you ll do great lovely ...nah if all fails for im gonna do a foundation year at bham
    all i really wnat right now is to finish ! i still have two synoptic papers to do chem & phys.
    19th of June seems like a really really long time from now! lol!

ReputationRep:
    I had my bio synoptic today. It went okay me thinks, and omg Dandon!! What's up with the 10 warning points?!!?!?!?!?

How did ure bio go SimB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-lover)
    I had my bio synoptic today. It went okay me thinks, and omg Dandon!! What's up with the 10 warning points?!!?!?!?!?

How did ure bio go SimB?
    i talked about an exam before the 12 hours limit or sth like that!! and all i said was that i messed up!!! not fair!!

ReputationRep:
    who gave u the warning points..thats cruel...yeah bio was ok ..kinda wierd tho .

ReputationRep:
    SimB do u do OCR for Bio?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.