British Grand Prix Thread - Woo Watch

Captain Biggles
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
Holy crap the rest of the season is going to be exciting. 4, even maybe 5 in contention.
I'd like to see Heikki coming up to the top, but I think for now Lewis, Felipe and Kimi are on their way.
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Captain Biggles)
I'd like to see Heikki coming up to the top, but I think for now Lewis, Felipe and Kimi are on their way.
I think you are being a little optimistic with Kovy getting to the top. I don't think that he will quite manage it. especially with it being so close at the top with Hamilton. I know there are no team orders but come on. you will favour your leading driver.
Gypsy King
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
I think you are being a little optimistic with Kovy getting to the top. I don't think that he will quite manage it. especially with it being so close at the top with Hamilton. I know there are no team orders but come on. you will favour your leading driver.
In terms of during the race, I don't think it will be that clear cut. However if McLaren are to make alterations to their fuelling strategy etc, then I can see Kovy being the guinea pig!
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Decent race, some supreme driving from the podium finishers in difficult conditions. Kimi really had a mistake with strategy which meant he was off the pace. I'm not sure what Kovalainen's excuse for quite a quiet race though.

Massa :toofunny:

I was surprised there wasn't any really big crashes there was a lot of spinning but I guess the drivers were lucky :hmpf:
Gypsy King
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
anyone know what the most amount of people lapped in one race is?
only the top three are unlapped.
Yup... found it... 1995 Adelaide GP. Damon won by 2 laps, 8 finished!
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Gypsy King)
Can someone sum up number of spins/bins per driver? Would be a nice statistic...
Okay from what I remember and a quick scan on live timing I think it's something like...

Massa 4 (and 1 off road run)
Webber 3 maybe 4
Glock 3
Kimi 3
Heikki 2
Kubica 1 spin retired him, few off road moments before that
Nakajima 1 spin 1 off road
Piquet 1 spin and retired next corner
Button 1 which retired him
Bourdais 1
Rosberg 1 on first lap

Only drivers with no spins were Lewis (but did go off-track), Trulli, Alonso, Heidfeld and Barrichello
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well what a race. That has to have been one of my favourite Grand Prix's for a long time. Nice to see Hamilton finally pull himself together to win & also good to see Barichello on the podium again. I noticed the advert breaks a lot more this race & can't wait for next year when there wont be any. I really feel for Webber & DC, they both had good chances of points. And Felipe Massa, what on earth? His head must have taken a real bashing on Friday. You wouldn't have believed he was a World Championship contender today considering his driving.
shunter7634
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Brilliant race - you'd imagine it's a 3-way shootout from here in. Shame for Kubica, he'd have finished 4th if he'd kept it on the track. Great drive from Barrichello (although I'm not convinced he wouldn't have needed to pit to ditch those wet tyres a few laps from the end for inters anyway...) and Heidfeld, and Lewis (don't take it away from him, a minute is a huge margin!). Shame Kimi came 4th after what was a pretty awful second half of the race from him.

I'm really looking forward to the second half of the season. Predictions anyone? Think I'll go for Massa (even after today's showing...)
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shunter7634)
Brilliant race - you'd imagine it's a 3-way shootout from here in. Shame for Kubica, he'd have finished 4th if he'd kept it on the track. Great drive from Barrichello (although I'm not convinced he wouldn't have needed to pit to ditch those wet tyres a few laps from the end for inters anyway...) and Heidfeld, and Lewis (don't take it away from him, a minute is a huge margin!). Shame Kimi came 4th after what was a pretty awful second half of the race from him.
Not half as much as Fisichella not taking out Lewis. Great drive from the n00by, good way to slip his detractors in the face. Still think he's a **** though.
Hanoi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it me or is every win the 'best ever' for Lewis Hamilton... :rolleyes:
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hanoi)
I think it's you :p:

Well, he's young. He doesn't have a great deal of experience and so it's a lot easy for a race to be "his best" than another :p:

He said Monaco was "his best", and at the time it was. Now he thinks this was. If he does say it next time he wins though he deserves a smack.
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hanoi)
The one against Monaco was better.

This was pretty damn good though, he was in a race of his own at times
Hanoi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
I think it's you :p:

Well, he's young. He doesn't have a great deal of experience and so it's a lot easy for a race to be "his best" than another :p:

He said Monaco was "his best", and at the time it was. Now I think this was, for him. If he does say it next time he wins though he deserves a smack.
Melbourne: http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...B3877220080316
Monaco: http://www.nationalpost.com/related/...html?id=540127
Turkey: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/m...6908-20415095/
Silverstone: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=43265

These are the only ones I can find but for sure there are others!
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
I wasn't saying you were wrong! Just pointing out why it's very easy for him to do it.
RoadWarrior
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I missed the GP (cinema) but I taped it, and I'm watching it now

I don't know the results yet - 27 laps to go!
Hanoi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RoadWarrior)

...if you don't want to know the results then the internet is a dangerous place to be. :p:
Spoiler:
Show
don't click if you don't want to know the result
Spoiler:
Show
the winner...
Spoiler:
Show
...is
Spoiler:
Show
RUBENS!
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

If you didn't want to know, you wouldn't have come on this thread :p:

Mansell wins. You can turn off now
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

you could go to the cinema at any time. why oh why would you go while there is a live masterpiece underway?
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What a race !!!!!!!! great day out, and i met Lee winner of the appretice at the grand prix today !!!!!!!!!!!!
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
What a race !!!!!!!! great day out, and i met Lee winner of the appretice at the grand prix today !!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be so... proud.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads