Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Saber, :hugs:

I agree, if things are getting too much, call the crisis team, they won't think it's silly.

Take care of yourself.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I'm happy for a minute. Still feel down underneath but it's better than nothing I can tell it's just a mood swing but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts
Stay happy becki
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I have their number but I'd feel like Im being stupid. just sitting with my music way loud. I hate evenings.

You're not being stupid hun :hugs: If they get any worse or if you''re struggling not to OD or hurt yourself then please phone them.

:hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
So I thought I was going to sneak away for a couple of days and think things through, but it's not worked. I'm in a state and about to pour it out to you guys again. sorry

i am shattered. had 4 hours sleep last night. up at 7am, driving lesson 8-10, haircut, another driving lesson 12.30 - 2.30, over at the local middle school 3 - 5.30, dinner, walked to tesco with mum, now home and about to go out in an hour to meet up with people i'm not that bothered about seeing but i've been invited so i feel like i must attend.

The boy has just rung. We were having a nice enough conversation, even if the basis of it was about sex and whether or not I was with someone and him saying he's not with anyone but he's been with his ex as she's just split up with her bf and he basically admitted to having slept with her since she split up with him. then he invited me out friday night but then i got the whole 'babe, if you come out, dont be clingy cos all my friends will be there and i dont want them getting the wrong impression and thinking i'm with someone' and i said 'yeah, ok, i hear this allll the time' and him saying 'well i tell you but you're still in my face and wanting cuddles' and i said 'i only want a hug' and he said 'well to be honest, i don't want that.' I don't know if he meant that he doesn't want hugs or if he meant not with his friends, but either way he's bloody upset me AGAIN.

Fallen out with Mum. I came home and she had a go at me that my hair looks chavvy. I've told her it looks the same as before because I've only had it neatened up, not re-styled but she flipped out.

My siblings are driving me mental too and Mum's forcing me to go away with them and Dad next week. Admittedly, I get to stay home 2 days longer and get the train down on Monday morning, but I really don't want to go. It's going to be sheer hell.

Still can't find a job, and to be honest, I don't know if I could handle one. Everyone wants experience and I don't have any at all.

Got my driving test on Thursday and I'm really nervous. I really want to pass but I think this stupid illness is going to stand in my way

Sorry for the rant. Hugs to all. xxx
:hugs: *cuddles you* Good luck for Thursday hun xx
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks guys. I know, driving isn't important, but it will mean so much to me. The first person in my family (besides my ex step dad and grandad) who can drive. Plus the independence and everything. All my friends have passed. I'm the last one to take their test and I just want to pass.

I really do need to put myself first. If I was over the boy and had moved on and had a nice guy who cared about me (not saying love, just care about me and be there for me) then I could listen to people and not care what they said because I knew that a guy cared about me. Eurgh, that sounds dreadful. I know what I mean. I mean their words (the boy's especially) wouldn't affect me as much. Obviously I'd want him to be happy too, but if he's happy whilst I'm not, that hurts. I'm going to shut up.

Oh, p.s. mum just screwed at me for taking a shower
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for pink

Oh well that didn't last long.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Charlotte i've text you and told you what i think but :hugs:

Saber, i agree with everyone else if you need the crisis team call them, they're there to help :hugs:

Becki, sweetheart, how come your mood has changed? Do you want to talk about anything sweetie? :hugs:

Feel like i sat around for hours today for nothing. Been asleep since 5 and just feel so so tired. Got to go back for a follow up appointment tomorrow and tell him my decision. Then on thursday i have a meeting at uni. It's all rather draining to tell you the truth so so tired now
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for emily. I'm not surprised your tired hun :hugs: Good luck for tomorrow.

I tend to get mood swings for no reason. I'm not too bad at the moment, just the good feeling's gone. Nevermind, it was nice while it lasted.

xx
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What made you have the good feeling sweetie?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A friend of a friend who I haven't seen for ages because she lives quite a way away, said that she'd be happy to drive her down to me sometime. And then I remembered about meeting another couple of friends on Friday and got all excited and hyper. Those moods never last for long but they're good when I have them.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want to die.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
I want to die.
Hannah, don't do anything silly, why do you feel this way sweetheart?

Sounds like you had a good time becki. Try keep hold of the excitement.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xemilyx)
Hannah, don't do anything silly, why do you feel this way sweetheart?

I don't really know. All I know is that it's utterly, utterly hopeless and I will always be alone. I just really want someone to talk to. I want to tell someone about the s/h. Sometimes I just feel like the cuts are burning holes in my clothes and that everyone should be able to see. I just want to say 'Look, I feel so alone and I feel like **** and no, I don't have proper justification but please help me.'
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: what's wrong sweetie? xxx
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really know. All I know is that it's utterly, utterly hopeless and I will always be alone. I just really want someone to talk to. I want to tell someone about the s/h. Sometimes I just feel like the cuts are burning holes in my clothes and that everyone should be able to see. I just want to say 'Look, I feel so alone and I feel like **** and no, I don't have proper justification but please help me.'
Have you been to the gp? Is there anyway you could speak to your parents about it? :hugs: we're always here for you hannah, don't forget that. Honest. You can pm anyone if you feel so alone. You could always phone the samaritains as well. There is lots of help out there hun.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Sorry I hadn't seen that when I replied before. :hugs:

You're not alone sweetheart. I know it feels like it but it honestly isn't hopeless, you can get through this. Can you go to your GP like emily suggested?

Always here xx :hugs:
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been to the GP. They refused to put me on medication and said all they would offer was counselling. I've been through counselling and therapy and I loathed it so much and I don't want to do it again because it made me so miserable. Plus, GPs and related therapists have the 'if you're in danger then we'll tell your parents' policy and so I'd have to lie anyway and it would be pointless.

There is aboslutely no way in hell I can speak to my parents. And summer's coming up.... no school as a touchstone, with my family every day.... I can't do it.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been to the GP. They refused to put me on medication and said all they would offer was counselling. I've been through counselling and therapy and I loathed it so much and I don't want to do it again because it made me so miserable. Plus, GPs and related therapists have the 'if you're in danger then we'll tell your parents' policy and so I'd have to lie anyway and it would be pointless.

There is aboslutely no way in hell I can speak to my parents. And summer's coming up.... no school as a touchstone, with my family every day.... I can't do it.
Have you tried speaking to another GP? They can have vastly different opinions on mental health issues. How old are you? If you're under 18 they generally won't proscribe anti-depressants, but can in extreme cases give you prozac. Also older than 16 I think, they don't have to tell your parents.

Thanks for the hugs and advice etc earlier guys :hugs: sorry about me, they've shut up a bit
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Have you tried speaking to another GP? They can have vastly different opinions on mental health issues. How old are you?
17, and no. Can't change GPs without parental permission. Plus I think the confidentiality clause must be the same everywhere?
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hi becki sorry to hear ur feeling down again - i know all too well about the mood swings and i hope your gonna get another happy mood soon :hugs: If you need to talk my PM box is always open.

upturnedpalms - my GP tried to phone my parents once and im old enough t make my own decisions. Cant you ask for councelling again??

sabertooth - i hope your okay and have contacted the crisis team if you need to.

Hi Emily

Ive just been out with my friends and im feeling a bit better but it upsets me knowing how much ive put them through and im trying to convince myself and them thats everything is okay now.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise