Scroll to see replies

Original post by white_o
Sept 3rd :'(((( you?

October 3rd. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
October 3rd. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh okay, quite a while then! I'm considering moving mine back but at the same time I don't wanna drag it out anymore ;(( how's your prep going??
Original post by white_o
Ohhh okay, quite a while then! I'm considering moving mine back but at the same time I don't wanna drag it out anymore ;(( how's your prep going??

Yeah! Maybe you can focus more on your PS once you're done with this.
I've started doing VR and it has not been very kind to me. I'm practicing using Emedica.I've done three mock VR test but I just don't seem to go above 630. VR scares me tbh. I'll be happy with a 650+ in VR. :'(
I started doing DA today using the 600q book and it seems nice! I'm scoring 800+ so far. But there's the algorithm thing this year so I'm not too sure if I'll be able to reproduce these marks in the real test!
Might start with medify next week.
What are you using for your prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! Maybe you can focus more on your PS once you're done with this.
I've started doing VR and it has not been very kind to me. I'm practicing using Emedica.I've done three mock VR test but I just don't seem to go above 630. VR scares me tbh. I'll be happy with a 650+ in VR. :'(
I started doing DA today using the 600q book and it seems nice! I'm scoring 800+ so far. But there's the algorithm thing this year so I'm not too sure if I'll be able to reproduce these marks in the real test!
Might start with medify next week.
What are you using for your prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely, I really need to! How's your PS going? Yeah VR is just impossible in the time given ;( my main problem is QR though, I'm genuinely terrified for it :frown: and same, DA is my saviour hahaa but yeah what is all this about the algorithm thing?? I've been using 600Q as well then just any free ones I can find, as well as the practice mocks and stuff. Considering medify possibly for this last week but we'll see I guess!
Original post by white_o
Yeah definitely, I really need to! How's your PS going? Yeah VR is just impossible in the time given ;( my main problem is QR though, I'm genuinely terrified for it :frown: and same, DA is my saviour hahaa but yeah what is all this about the algorithm thing?? I've been using 600Q as well then just any free ones I can find, as well as the practice mocks and stuff. Considering medify possibly for this last week but we'll see I guess!

I have a lot of ideas atm. I'll only be done with my hospital work experience tomorrow so I think I'll probably start next week.
I'm not all that worried about QR actually. I'll start QR tomorrow but I have gone through a couple of questions and I revised basic maths like percentages, fractions and the basic conversions and I feel way more confident about it now. Let's see how QR goes tomorrow!
The algorithm thing? I have absolutely no idea as to what it is. All I know that this year the it's going to be very hard to score high on DA. I've been following this other thread on TSR and mostly everyone who was doing well in the mocks is scoring in 600's. DA is literally the only section I'm naturally good. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a lot of ideas atm. I'll only be done with my hospital work experience tomorrow so I think I'll probably start next week.
I'm not all that worried about QR actually. I'll start QR tomorrow but I have gone through a couple of questions and I revised basic maths like percentages, fractions and the basic conversions and I feel way more confident about it now. Let's see how QR goes tomorrow!
The algorithm thing? I have absolutely no idea as to what it is. All I know that this year the it's going to be very hard to score high on DA. I've been following this other thread on TSR and mostly everyone who was doing well in the mocks is scoring in 600's. DA is literally the only section I'm naturally good. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same with me, I'm just writing down any and everything I can think to include etc then hopefully gunna start tying it all together! What kind of work experience you got and how much?
But yeah for QR I think I really just need to revise the basics to try and feel a bit more confident, it's just timing again that's the main issue, like with most of the sections tbh ;/ and ugh that's so frustrating, same with me! It's literally the only section I can confidently complete in the given time hahaa!
Original post by white_o
Yeah same with me, I'm just writing down any and everything I can think to include etc then hopefully gunna start tying it all together! What kind of work experience you got and how much?
But yeah for QR I think I really just need to revise the basics to try and feel a bit more confident, it's just timing again that's the main issue, like with most of the sections tbh ;/ and ugh that's so frustrating, same with me! It's literally the only section I can confidently complete in the given time hahaa!

Ikr. I had like 5 minutes left in the last DA mock I did. Scored 23/28 which rough comes up to 800. I hope to get 730+ in DA. But with the algorithm, I don't know. :frown:
Everyone's saying that the QR in the actual test is quite easy. Easier than any mock. So don't worry about it!
I have got about a month of work experience.
A week in Casualty. (A&E)
Two weeks in the In patient wards.
Two days in ICU
Two days in NICU
Two days in HDU
Two days in the Dialysis room
Two days in Radiation therapy
I was also lucky enough to see a biopsy and one operation! :biggrin:
You think this is enough?
Also, I'm an international student.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikr. I had like 5 minutes left in the last DA mock I did. Scored 23/28 which rough comes up to 800. I hope to get 730+ in DA. But with the algorithm, I don't know. :frown:
Everyone's saying that the QR in the actual test is quite easy. Easier than any mock. So don't worry about it!
I have got about a month of work experience.
A week in Casualty. (A&E)
Two weeks in the In patient wards.
Two days in ICU
Two days in NICU
Two days in HDU
Two days in the Dialysis room
Two days in Radiation therapy
I was also lucky enough to see a biopsy and one operation! :biggrin:
You think this is enough?
Also, I'm an international student.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here... Oh well I guess we'll just have to see ;/ and oh okay thank God! Hahaa. Wow, yeah that seems like more than enough! I guess it's all about what you take from it anyway :tongue: but that's really impressive!!
I've got one week at a renal ward, one week at ENT ward where I saw theatre and AE, one week at children's ward, then long rerm volunteering at a hospice. I also saw a kidney biopsy on the renal ward!! What kind of biopsy did you see??:P
Ohh okay cool, where are you from?
Original post by white_o
Same here... Oh well I guess we'll just have to see ;/ and oh okay thank God! Hahaa. Wow, yeah that seems like more than enough! I guess it's all about what you take from it anyway :tongue: but that's really impressive!!
I've got one week at a renal ward, one week at ENT ward where I saw theatre and AE, one week at children's ward, then long rerm volunteering at a hospice. I also saw a kidney biopsy on the renal ward!! What kind of biopsy did you see??:P
Ohh okay cool, where are you from?

Yeah, I think the most impactful of all was the biopsy. I have quite a lot to write about that! It was a surgical biopsy performed by the head doctor here who did his MD from Newcastle. :P
I'm from India! :smile:
I have another volunteering experience but apart from that, nothing else. Do you think this will affect my application? It's so hard to find volunteering opportunities here because almost every organization requires you to be 18. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I think the most impactful of all was the biopsy. I have quite a lot to write about that! It was a surgical biopsy performed by the head doctor here who did his MD from Newcastle. :P
I'm from India! :smile:
I have another volunteering experience but apart from that, nothing else. Do you think this will affect my application? It's so hard to find volunteering opportunities here because almost every organization requires you to be 18. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I nearly fainted watching it because I'm a bit squeamish in some areas haha! Wow that sounds amazing though!!
Ohhh okay, that's cool, what unis are you considering? Newcastle?:P
Well as long as you've got some volunteerung I'm sure you'll be fine, especially if you make the most of it and talk about it loads and also explain about the problems you faced in your PS/interviews about how hard you tried and all the issues and stuff, I've heard so many times that they know how hard it is to get volunteering and stuff like that!
Original post by white_o
I nearly fainted watching it because I'm a bit squeamish in some areas haha! Wow that sounds amazing though!!
Ohhh okay, that's cool, what unis are you considering? Newcastle?:P
Well as long as you've got some volunteerung I'm sure you'll be fine, especially if you make the most of it and talk about it loads and also explain about the problems you faced in your PS/interviews about how hard you tried and all the issues and stuff, I've heard so many times that they know how hard it is to get volunteering and stuff like that!

Hahah. I wasn't aware that it was a surgical biopsy so I was a little taken aback but it was a wonderful experience. The surgery had me though. I was just standing there for a minute trying to process everything. :P
Newcastle?I personally want to apply to Newcastle, King's and Birmingham. like the look of these but UKCAT will be the decider I guess. What unis are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahah. I wasn't aware that it was a surgical biopsy so I was a little taken aback but it was a wonderful experience. The surgery had me though. I was just standing there for a minute trying to process everything. :P
Newcastle?I personally want to apply to Newcastle, King's and Birmingham. like the look of these but UKCAT will be the decider I guess. What unis are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow hahaa. Yeah sounds like an awesome experience :tongue: ohh okay that's cool, I'm looking at Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester and maybe UCL depending on if I decide to do BMAT or not. Tbh it's mainly because other people have recommended them, and also the fact that their scoring systems and stuff seem to play to my strengths for now, but like you said I guess a lot of it rests on UKCAT!
Original post by white_o
Wow hahaa. Yeah sounds like an awesome experience :tongue: ohh okay that's cool, I'm looking at Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester and maybe UCL depending on if I decide to do BMAT or not. Tbh it's mainly because other people have recommended them, and also the fact that their scoring systems and stuff seem to play to my strengths for now, but like you said I guess a lot of it rests on UKCAT!

I wish I could give the BMAT! Sounds way better than the UKCAT. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I could give the BMAT! Sounds way better than the UKCAT. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you do it? I think it actually looks a bit terrible, maily the section 2 scientific thing hahaa
Original post by white_o
Why don't you do it? I think it actually looks a bit terrible, maily the section 2 scientific thing hahaa

Lol. That's actually my favorite section! It's predictable. But UCL and Imperial won't accept students who don't turn 18 before the start of the course. I emailed them and everything. They said that your application will be rejected unless you apply for a deferred entry. And I didn't want to do it just for Oxbridge. So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol. That's actually my favorite section! It's predictable. But UCL and Imperial won't accept students who don't turn 18 before the start of the course. I emailed them and everything. They said that your application will be rejected unless you apply for a deferred entry. And I didn't want to do it just for Oxbridge. So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just feel like it's so hard hahaa, and oh how come you won't be 18? Doesn't the course start around September 2016?
Original post by white_o

I'll only be 18 in November. And they won't accept that. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll only be 18 in November. And they won't accept that. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you're 17 now? You'll turn 18 this November while we still doing year 2 of A-Levels, so you'll be 18 by the time we go to uni next academic year?
Original post by white_o
So you're 17 now? You'll turn 18 this November while we still doing year 2 of A-Levels, so you'll be 18 by the time we go to uni next academic year?

I'm 16 now. We don't have A-levels here. We have 12th grade which is our last year of high school. So I will be 17 this November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 16 now. We don't have A-levels here. We have 12th grade which is our last year of high school. So I will be 17 this November.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I see :frown:( Oh dear!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending