Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Induction tomorrow guys + gals!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely starting to feel a bit nervous now :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elvendork)
    I'm definitely starting to feel a bit nervous now :eek3:
    No worries - I'll be holding up a 'I luv TSR' placard so you lot can all flock to me, it'll be good times from there on in :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix287)
    No worries - I'll be holding up a ' I luv TSR' placard so you lot can all flock to me, it'll be good time from there on in :p:
    Haha, yesss! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No worries - I'll be holding up a 'I luv TSR' placard so you lot can all flock to me, it'll be good times from there on in :p:
    Better had, otherwise I will have something to say!

Haha, I haven't been this nervous since I started high school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Better had, otherwise I will have something to say!

Haha, I haven't been this nervous since I started high school
    Same here - absolutely buzzing! can't sleep......

ReputationRep:
    lmao, I went for the talk, but forgot that I was supposed to go to the Dean talk so went home

Hope I didn't miss much....

ReputationRep:
    Just got home! How did everyone find it?

I went to the Digby Stuart induction, and then hung around for a few hours until 3pm when I left. Fun day I spoke to a few random people, which was good. I felt a bit awkward, because loads of people were hanging out with their flatmates and people who they had already met, and then there was me standing by myself haha. I was surprised by how many non-campus students there were at the Digby Stuart induction though! Good to know that there's quite a few of us lol.

Phoenix, I didn't see your 'I Luv TSR' placard! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just got home! How did everyone find it?

I went to the Digby Stuart induction, and then hung around for a few hours until 3pm when I left. Fun day I spoke to a few random people, which was good. I felt a bit awkward, because loads of people were hanging out with their flatmates and people who they had already met, and then there was me standing by myself haha. I was surprised by how many non-campus students there were at the Digby Stuart induction though! Good to know that there's quite a few of us lol.

Phoenix, I didn't see your 'I Luv TSR' placard! :p:
    haha yeah - sorry to disappoint but the more I thought about it the less appealing it became :p: I stayed for the induction and the welcome event for my programme for my lecture and took a stroll around campus with a close friend from college. Haven't made any real new friends yet but it's early days so I'm not too fussed. Everyone is pretty stiff nervous anyways so it's kinda awkward at the moment. I find that it's generally easier to talking to people next to you, whether in the lecture theatre or standing alongside you in queues and so on (just to get started innit ). I've found that a simple 'hey - you alright' works okay considering how nervous most people are and you'll be talking soon enough. I'm sure it will be much easier once everyone settles in and gets comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah - sorry to disappoint but the more I thought about it the less appealing it became :p: I stayed for the induction and the welcome event for my programme for my lecture and took a stroll around campus with a close friend from college. Haven't made any real new friends yet but it's early days so I'm not too fussed. Everyone is pretty stiff nervous anyways so it's kinda awkward at the moment. I find that it's generally easier to talking to people next to you, whether in the lecture theatre or standing alongside you in queues and so on (just to get started innit ). I've found that a simple 'hey - you alright' works okay considering how nervous most people are and you'll be talking soon enough. I'm sure it will be much easier once everyone settles in and gets comfortable.
    You're right, it is early days, can't expect to meet people and become good friends on the first day. It'll become easier once everyone has settled down and the societies are up and running, because then we'll be with groups of people who we know we have something in common with. I'm really looking forward to the Freshers Fair on Friday! When we get to sign up for the societies, and also get loads of freebies too (I need to get a years supply of free pens! lol).

Ah, small talk, something I'm not so good at. I'll have to practice this week, I feel sorry for my potential victims :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherbearbunnykins)
    DIGBY FOREVER!! lol you'll find there is sometimes a bit of (friendly) competition between the colleges...Frigby is good times!
    I was wondering whether you know it's possible to ask for a change in timetables because of a clash with work???

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether you know it's possible to ask for a change in timetables because of a clash with work???

Thank you!!
    Possibly, you will have to talk to your tutor personally about that. You can't change lectures usually but it may be possible to change a seminar group. I changed my timetable in the first year.

I'm glad you guys had a good first day! Make sure you go to the freshers fair, i got tons of free stuff last time (granted, most of it useless haha) and also there is an off campus society...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherbearbunnykins)
    Possibly, you will have to talk to your tutor personally about that. You can't change lectures usually but it may be possible to change a seminar group. I changed my timetable in the first year.

I'm glad you guys had a good first day! Make sure you go to the freshers fair, i got tons of free stuff last time (granted, most of it useless haha) and also there is an off campus society...
    I hope I can get it sorted. I'm not looking to change individual seminars or lectures, I want to get completely different days. So far, I know there 3 different sets of schedules for my course. Mine is currently Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but I work on two of those days and there's no way I can support myself through uni without it - I was hoping they would be kind enough to let me move to another group essentially.

ReputationRep:
    And yeah - I'm all geared up for the Freshers fair I was wondering whether they supply wheelbarrows or do I have to bring one myself?

ReputationRep:
    I hope I can get it sorted. I'm not looking to change individual seminars or lectures, I want to get completely different days. So far, I know there 3 different sets of schedules for my course. Mine is currently Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but I work on two of those days and there's no way I can support myself through uni without it - I was hoping they would be kind enough to let me move to another group essentially.
    It's worth asking, as it's early they may be able to switch things around. I only managed to switch seminar groups though, not whole days. What subject are you studying?

Haha I don't think they provide wheelbarrows they give you a bag to put stuff in though, i blagged everything I could from a free t-shirt to Chinese food. It's manic but fun, I can't go this year because it falls on my birthday!

ReputationRep:
    i think everyone from this forum should meet up somewhere at the uni, we can make more friends. i already know 6 people at the uni as they went to the same school as me and were in the same year. but every1 is studing different subjects.

i went to the induction talk for southlands and it was pretty boring and then went to mates on campus living. shes in old court i didnt like it her room is like a prison cell and they have a cupboard for a kitchen.lol its soooo small.

i went to the bop last night it was ok but i got there for 10 when it starts but there was only 5 of us there till around 11pm and i had to leave at 12am to go home. i never got to see reggie yates perform. so if u ever go to the bop dont go till 11pm.

im not going to the roller disco but might go on wed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)
    i think everyone from this forum should meet up somewhere at the uni, we can make more friends. i already know 6 people at the uni as they went to the same school as me and were in the same year. but every1 is studing different subjects.

i went to the induction talk for southlands and it was pretty boring and then went to mates on campus living. shes in old court i didnt like it her room is like a prison cell and they have a cupboard for a kitchen.lol its soooo small.

i went to the bop last night it was ok but i got there for 10 when it starts but there was only 5 of us there till around 11pm and i had to leave at 12am to go home. i never got to see reggie yates perform. so if u ever go to the bop dont go till 11pm.

Yeah, we really do need to meet up or something! If anyone in this thread wants to add me on facebook (if I haven't scared you too much on here :p:), this is my facebook page.

Wow, only 5 people until 11pm? I'm kind of glad that I didn't go then, I would have had to leave at just past 11pm so I wouldn't have seen anything lol.

I'm considering going to the events on Thursday and Friday, fingers crossed that tomorrow they have tickets left for the Friday event! They're going on sale today but I'm not up at Roehampton because I've got no inductions or anything. Maybe I should have gone up there to get the tickets :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we really do need to meet up or something! If anyone in this thread wants to add me on facebook (if I haven't scared you too much on here :p:), this is my facebook page.

Wow, only 5 people until 11pm? I'm kind of glad that I didn't go then, I would have had to leave at just past 11pm so I wouldn't have seen anything lol.

I'm considering going to the events on Thursday and Friday, fingers crossed that tomorrow they have tickets left for the Friday event! They're going on sale today but I'm not up at Roehampton because I've got no inductions or anything. Maybe I should have gone up there to get the tickets :o:
    :no: theres no ******* tickets for friday!! ahhh so pissed off!! now i kinda wish i bought a freshers pass...but im going to 'fraud fest' though so i hope that's good. My induction was kinda boring too, i hate being talked at it just makes me fall asleep. Talked to a few random people and wondered round the uni with them,havnt met anyone close either but like you guys said its still early days haha.

Btw going to add you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)

Is it bad that i laughed, sorry :sigh:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    :no: theres no ******* tickets for friday!! ahhh so pissed off!! now i kinda wish i bought a freshers pass...but im going to 'fraud fest' though so i hope that's good. My induction was kinda boring too, i hate being talked at it just makes me fall asleep. Talked to a few random people and wondered round the uni with them,havnt met anyone close either but like you guys said its still early days haha.

Btw going to add you
    I have a freshers pass, but I haven't used it yet. No tickets left for Friday?! That's rubbish I'm hopefully going to Fraud Fest on Thursday too (if they have any tickets left tomorrow), so I might see you there!

Woo, I've accepted you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2017
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.