Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that Eoin Colfer should read these forums and use our ideas. Our ideas are so cool, we could write our own Artemis Fowl book ! A fencing, karate-chopping, arrow shooting Artemis Fowl would sell so well.

ReputationRep:
    archery? nah... maybe if it was ONLY a hobby, but not in self-defense.

ReputationRep:
    which book do you think would make the best movie? i think the eternity code. my mom, she's not really into AF but she read the supernaturalist and now she thinks that should be made into a book. what do you think, of those who have read it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    which book do you think would make the best movie? i think the eternity code. my mom, she's not really into AF but she read the supernaturalist and now she thinks that should be made into a book. what do you think, of those who have read it?
    Do you mean she thinks The Supernaturalist should be made into a movie? I agree. It is a wonderful book. And I think that Artemis Fowl 3 would be the best movie. I thought 2 wasn't as good as the others.

ReputationRep:
    All three would make mad movies.
    Eternity Code would be really cool as a movie, and the first two would require more special effects, because there are more fairies and the underground stuff involved in them.

(Original post by wottabout)
    I think that Eoin Colfer should read these forums and use our ideas. Our ideas are so cool, we could write our own Artemis Fowl book ! A fencing, karate-chopping, arrow shooting Artemis Fowl would sell so well.
    i say that we write our own af book on this forum il edit it and everything first we need sum 1 to do chapter 1

i already made a secquil to the Eternity code for a class project

(Original post by ~independent~)
    All three would make mad movies.
    Eternity Code would be really cool as a movie, and the first two would require more special effects, because there are more fairies and the underground stuff involved in them.

no no no the arctic insedent will make the best movie withthe goblin revolt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rinok12)
    no no no the arctic insedent will make the best movie withthe goblin revolt
    True, and the first one with the kidnapping and troll....all of them wil be good!!!

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably be doing the first book seeing as...well, without it...the other two books would be too dang confusing. Then, if the first movie does well, they'll make the second book into a movie. Sort of like with the Harry Potter books.

OR...they could create an entirely new story for the movie involving Artemis Fowl and his CGI dog, Butler, who surf and solve crime on the weekends. WHOO!

ReputationRep:
    Note: Reread question. Which would make the BEST movie.

AH-ha! read all three books, but couldn't comprehend one little sentence...

Ok, the book that would make the BEST movie...would still be the first one. Third one, Butler's practically dead for half the book. In the first one he fights the troll in that suit of armor. How cool would that be! No climbing up on its head and sticking his wand up its nose. Just plain old fisticuffs! Ba-BAM!

ReputationRep:
    ya, sorry, i meant made into a MOVIE, sorry. I think the third would make the best movie. I can't decide what would make a better movie, 1 or 2. i liked the first better as a book, but i think 2 has more movie potential, and i think audiences might understand it more. but then... ok, i can't make up my mind. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how well the director and producer is as well............let's just say it doesn't turn out to be like the HP movies in comparison to the books .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~independent~)
    Depends on how well the director and producer is as well............let's just say it doesn't turn out to be like the HP movies in comparison to the books .
    ya, i agree... but what i'm most worried about is the actor to play Arty. The role of Arty has ALOT more potential to be screwed up than the Harry Potter role, and well, the casting of Harry Potter wasn't the best.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just registered here and before anyone says anything: Yes I have read the last 16 or so pages.
    As for movie updates, I only know what has already been said here before
    ya, i agree... but what i'm most worried about is the actor to play Arty. The role of Arty has ALOT more potential to be screwed up than the Harry Potter role, and well, the casting of Harry Potter wasn't the best.
    I agree. After seeing the first movie my friend practically had to drag me into the movie theater to see the other two. (Sorry HP fans)
    Since we have no sign of life coming from the producers, I hope that means they are taking there sweet time so they don't screw anything up. I think the last thing we want is to see the person who plays Arty have blonde hair, small vocabulary, and turned into another hollywood pretty boy. -.-;

ReputationRep:

Yah, they need someone mature (which is pretty hard to come by)and hot preferably ( I'm too into hot guys, I know)
    And like what Talkingmushroom just said, they better not get some blonde pretty boy. Welcome, by the way .

(Original post by Rinok12)
    i say that we write our own af book on this forum il edit it and everything first we need sum 1 to do chapter 1

i already made a secquil to the Eternity code for a class project
    U mean a fanfic? YAY! I love writing fanfics! Ever been to fanfiction.net? They have fanfics for everything, there's quite a few on Artemis Fowl.

(Original post by TalkingMushroom)
    Hello, I just registered here and before anyone says anything: Yes I have read the last 16 or so pages.
    As for movie updates, I only know what has already been said here before

I agree. After seeing the first movie my friend practically had to drag me into the movie theater to see the other two. (Sorry HP fans)
    Since we have no sign of life coming from the producers, I hope that means they are taking there sweet time so they don't screw anything up. I think the last thing we want is to see the person who plays Arty have blonde hair, small vocabulary, and turned into another hollywood pretty boy. -.-;
    My goodness, I REALLY hope that doesn't happen. But, hey, the HP movie actors were ok, they got better at the third(better director)but I'm not gonna get into that. What I'm afraid of is if they turn it into some kid's Disney movie all about magical fairies. Mirimax did Ella Enchanted. I haven't seen it aside from commercials, but my friend's read the book and seen the movie. She said the book was good, but we both agreed that ithe movie seemed too childish, corny, and Disney-like (though I love Disney). The special effects looked all colorful and unrealistic. And, let's face it, Artemis Fowl is about a genius kid and fairies in Ireland--they don't have to try too hard to mess it up. -____-U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motel of Selves)
    U mean a fanfic? YAY! I love writing fanfics! Ever been to fanfiction.net? They have fanfics for everything, there's quite a few on Artemis Fowl.
    I've got a Scooby Doo fanfic on there, but most of my stories are on its sister site...or brother site, Fictionpress.com

Shameless plug alert! Warning Shameless Plug alert!

http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=182121
    http://www.fictionpress.com/~pyrate

If you want to read something would you please leave a lil review for the Ferster? I like to hear reviews even if they're just asking about my fascination with pie.

We thank you for your cooperation during this Shameless Plug. We now return you to your normal lives already in progress...

(Original post by Fer the Ferret)
    I've got a Scooby Doo fanfic on there, but most of my stories are on its sister site...or brother site, Fictionpress.com

Shameless plug alert! Warning Shameless Plug alert!

http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=182121
    http://www.fictionpress.com/~pyrate

If you want to read something would you please leave a lil review for the Ferster? I like to hear reviews even if they're just asking about my fascination with pie.

We thank you for your cooperation during this Shameless Plug. We now return you to your normal lives already in progress...

Yes!! Another ff.net writer!! I read one of your FictionPress stories and left a review. That's the first FictionPress I've read, but I've been meaning to read one (I was gonna get to it!).

And now to shamlessly promote my own fics:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lululabs23

I have two Artemis Fowl fics and an Inuyasha one. One of the fics (New Year's Resolution) is completely humor and please just read it and review! It's very easy!

Ok, I'll stop pestering you now.

Hi, it's me again. Um, have any of you seen "The Artemis Fowl Files"? I was looking for "The Seventh Dwarf" online and I found this. It's supposed to be published this October and it's like a lot of short behind the scenes stories and I think the Seventh Dwarf is a part of it.
    And I'm REALLY sorry if you've already covered this, I still haven't gotten around to reading the past posts (lazy me!)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.