20.24%
    21.64%
    13.96%
    5.41%
    6.81%

ReputationRep:
    yeah, so do i...

ReputationRep:
    It seems most people consider themselves 6/7 thats saying its above average is average is 5 which is good. Modesty is a great quality I picked 7 too so most people think the same as me about there looks. Now I'm just left questioning my individuality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    Bit of an underestimation, no?
    :p: Like I said, I have my good and bad days like everyone else, but I'll take that as a compliment

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that the poll results are exactly as I expected them to be. A hump shape slightly skewed towards the positive as a majority of humans always tend to regard themselves as above average, despite that being mathematically impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Interesting that the poll results are exactly as I expected them to be. A hump shape slightly skewed towards the positive as a majority of humans always tend to regard themselves as above average, despite that being mathematically impossible.
    That is quite an interesting observation :yep: didn't notice the skewness until you mentioned it

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, well i'd have to go for 6/7 as i'm not 'that' vain! I'd say im about average, but most people seem to think they are. People might have a different opinion of my profile pic though! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    about average

ReputationRep:
    i voted 4

im surprised tho at how high those marks are :eek:

i bet those who gave themselves a 10 have their heads in the clouds :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    4-8 depending on how much sleep I've had, how my skin is looking and how much effort I've put in. 8 would be all dressed up, fake tanned and false eyelashed and having a good hair day. Not exactly my natural self :P

ReputationRep:
    9 on a good day.
    6.5 on a bad.

7.5 on average.

ReputationRep:
    5-6?

but hey i'm only 15

Name:  100530-185217.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  091030-164903.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  100530-191354.jpg
Size:  72.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05epither)
    5-6?

but hey i'm only 15

Name:  100530-185217.jpg
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  091030-164903.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  100530-191354.jpg
Size:  72.7 KB
    I'd say more like 7-8. Whats with all the girls scoring themselves too low and the guys scoring themselves way to high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TickTockBoom)
    I'd say more like 7-8. Whats with all the girls scoring themselves too low and the guys scoring themselves way to high?
    thanks aha, i duno

ReputationRep:
    I'd say i'm below average. Around a 3/4

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking I am about a 7. I am too tall to be very attractive I think. Theres a picture of me on my profile, looking like the giant I am :/

ReputationRep:
    I'd give myself a 6, I'm certainly above average looking but I've seen more attractive people than myself for sure. Although I'm thin and have a relatively nice body there are still areas I could tone or wish were a little different. I suppose we all have things about ourselves that we don't like though! I'm just not keen on my thighs, would like slightly bigger boobs and straighter/whiter teeth.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm a 5 or 6. fairly average

ReputationRep:
    6! 7/8 w lots of make up/hair/effort/typical clothes

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel very confident without makeup, but once I have done some makeup, nice clean hair and decent clothes... then I am happy! I also go to the gym most mornings and try to eat healthily, but not obsessively so.

I think everyone has things they like and things they would rather change about themselves, but I think the most important thing is to be confident, make the most of what you DO have...and work on any area you are unhappy with!

We can't all be super hot models and some people will always be more naturally attractive than others, they are simply lucky, but at the same time, very few people are genuinly ugly and most people can look better with some effort, whether it is makeup, diet, exercise, clothing or a combination. I think people have to accept (or learn!) that not everyone comes in 'one size' or with 'one look'. People are different.

Comparing yourself to magazines and celebrities is foolish, as they are mostly edited or on unrealistic fitness regimes etc...and with personal trainers/makeup artists/stylists/hair stylists, I think anyone could look more amazing.

I think it is about taking good care of yourself, putting in a bit of effort and being happy!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm average.
    5/10

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.