Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been called ugly? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been called ugly. It was by this boy when I went on holiday in Greece with some friends.

I've never known what to think since because I've also been called beautiful, pretty and told I have modeling potential.

Whatever though man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    wmtkwykt
    Lol what had you originally said?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And I call myself ugly just about every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    yes, but i've been called fat many, many more times.
    Thats just mean!

ReputationRep:
    I just got neg repped for being ugly apparantly, it was anonymous of course.

Some people on here are lame.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of times. But I'm fine with it.

Sniff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baki)
    Thats just mean!
    But sadly true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    But sadly true
    Everyone has a bit of extra fat. Who gives a ****!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Ive been called ugly, and fat, midget, and other derogatory terms that other people probably found funny.

It's really affected my self-esteem. The name-calling mostly happened in primary and high school, though at College everyone always mentions how short I am - You can see that because of the jokes surrounded people being short, I choose to associate beauty with being tall. I'm what people call curvy, a size 12 tops and bottoms (though very top heavy in terms of chesticles) and I hate it. I wish I was flat as an ironing board.

In High school, when my self-image was at its worst, I would refuse to eat for some nineteen hours, and then I'd only eat those crackerbreads. I just hated myself and I still do, but I always nod and smile pleasantly whenever my SO calls me pretty or gorgeous, or says he loves my hips/boobs/bum, even tough I hate whenever he actually sees them.

ReputationRep:
    i remember seeing a group on facebook which i wont go into its name, but i happened to be on the background of someones picture and there was just pages of people insulting me for how i was dressed and i how i looked. was completed devastated.

luckily its whats on the inside that counts eh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am interested in the responses to this as I have been called 'ugly' a few times in my life and obviously it affected me. On two occasions it was by strangers in the street. Once a boy stopped me and said 'excuse me' and when I turned around he just said 'You're ugly' :rolleyes:

So it affected my self esteem and when I got to college and a few guys asked me out I was amazed. My confidence had gotten so low that I didn't think it possible that anyone would like me. Things are very different now.

Have you ever been called ugly and did it affect your self esteem?

Also I'd like to hear from anyone who's never been called ugly or who have ever called someone else ugly (to their face) ...
    Yeah, I looked in the mirror and it spoke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunge)

Sniff.
    Awh :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Sniff.
    We all know that's a lie, from what I can see many other people would agree with me that your good looking.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have before. More than once by this one horrible woman who is nearly twice my age...she was really into my boyfriend and constantly said he was too good-looking for me. It really hurt me terribly because I always secretly felt my boyfriend was "out of my league", and it was like confirming my fears....I'm working on forgetting about it though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    We all know that's a lie, from what I can see many other people would agree with me that your good looking.
    What? How would you know thats a lie?

ReputationRep:
    Yes in high school I was called ugly by this guy, funnily enough he was really ugly himself. I've never been called ugly since then, that's because since then my look has improved more and more, in high school I used wear glasses, had braces and I always tied by hair back. Since then I lost my braces, developed a great sense of fashion, completely altered my hairstyle and color, learned how to put on makeup, and overall became more attractive. Looking back now, Its hard for me to admit that I always felt like an ugly duckling. I'm glad I was able to do it and it has made me so much happier, and people who use to call me ugly and put me down have suddenly taken an interest in me.

ReputationRep:
    What? How would you know thats a lie?
    From your profile pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am interested in the responses to this as I have been called 'ugly' a few times in my life and obviously it affected me. On two occasions it was by strangers in the street. Once a boy stopped me and said 'excuse me' and when I turned around he just said 'You're ugly' :rolleyes:

So it affected my self esteem and when I got to college and a few guys asked me out I was amazed. My confidence had gotten so low that I didn't think it possible that anyone would like me. Things are very different now.

Have you ever been called ugly and did it affect your self esteem?

Also I'd like to hear from anyone who's never been called ugly or who have ever called someone else ugly (to their face) ...
    The guys just being a prick. I bet he ain't a looker either.

Plus, beauty is subjective. What I don't find attractive, other guys do find attractive and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    hilariously I get called ugly all the time.
    it's been happening since year 8 or 9 and I'm in year 12 now. Earliest experience was on the train home from school, I walked past a guy and he looked atme and said to his friend: woah that girl is ugly. Pretty sure it was about me as there was no one else around at the time and it was out of the blue.
    Well I put it behind me as I do with most of the occurances.

And then today I was resting on my friends hoodie, trying to get to sleep. I had my headphones in my ears and my glasses (which I wear regularly) were off and I was holding them. My friend was like: oh look ******'s asleep... wow she looks weird without her glasses on... she has a witch nose. At which point I opened my eyes and was like: excuse me? She was very apologetic and said that she didn't mean it but ha ha it's true.

I guess us ugly people with witch noses are just doomed.
    Nah I'm only kidding. I've got used to it. The first few times it happens it really hurts but then after a bit you're just kind of inured to it. My self esteem is pretty **** because of my family life anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, countless number of times when i was younger, at school ect. That's why i have absolutely no confidence now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.