Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2012-2013) Watch

This discussion is closed.
CharlieBoardman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
First post in this thread.

Guess who's back? ........for tonight anyway.
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Choppie)
General Studies seems to be a load of... *insert rude word*. I dislike how crowded the train gets. I have resorted to coming on the very early train (arrives in Winchester at 7.54) just to avoid the crowds.

The workload is what has got me. I did not expect 5 pieces of Maths/Stats, 3 pieces of Physics, and 2 pieces of Computing homework by the end of the first week..
It is :yep: the buses are absolute mayhem now

Symonds likes to chuck you in at the deep end unfortunately, but you will be so grateful for it come results :yep:

(Original post by mynameisntbobk)
Nope its not like you've mentioned it already
:ninja:
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CharlieBoardman)

Hi :wavey: How's sixth form/college?
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 6 years ago

Welcome back :headbang: :party2: You have been missed a lot :cry2:

How's life?

Oh, and I still can't do the maths problem you sent me :mad: Have you cracked it yet?
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)

How's life?

Oh, and I still can't do the maths problem you sent me :mad: Have you cracked it yet?
The code? I still haven't sat down to look at it... But over glimpses my efforts have been futile
CharlieBoardman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Hi :wavey: How's sixth form/college?

How's life?

Hey guys. College is going fine. Was **** at first, but I'm really enjoying it now. Travelling takes it out of me. 4.5 hrs a day really tires you out.

As for the maths problem. It has been cracked.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys. College is going fine. Was **** at first, but I'm really enjoying it now. Travelling takes it out of me. 4.5 hrs a day really tires you out.

Awesome!!

:eek: don't tell me the solution! but the first word will be sufficient or how to use the key word...
CharlieBoardman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awesome!!

:eek: don't tell me the solution! but the first word will be sufficient or how to use the key word...
Hmh. The message isn't French.
Endless Blue
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kishihime)
I'm worried about Maths because it's currently going so smooth, there must be a catch! Also doing C1 and S1 at the moment, on Edexcel. Biology, we just dissected a heart, it's really fun. We're currently doing the cardiac cycle. Finally properly learning Chemistry properly, it is a tad confusing but it's awesome. Been getting homework every lesson though.

My worst would probably be Physics since the whole lesson is just confusing and everyone is confused. I'm going to talk to the teacher tomorrow since no one wants to tell him that we don't get what's happening.
Haha, I'm on Edexcel Maths as well and totally agree with you! C1 has been surds and quadratics so far - all really easy. S1 has also been easy - we've done interpolation and coding now and it's all fine.

Everyone I know hates Physics at the moment, though! Even really clever people are finding it difficult (but also there's a new teacher who everyone hates).
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmh. The message isn't French.
:eek: that makes a lot more sense xD French message... Hmmm...
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Okay. Need some biological help. I'm gonna need to start writing my IR (issue report) for my biology coursework :eek: I know, so soon, and I don't have a sufficient topic to choose from does anybody know any interesting yet controversial topics that I could probably base my IR on? I'm not talking basic topics like MMR vaccines you'd cover in GCSE, something that I'd have something to write about so I can aim for the higher marks.
Any help = appreciation and a rep
Spoiler:
Show
which is rare as I don't go on tsr via the web

Feel free to pm me a topic if you don't feel comfortable suggesting it through this thread.
If it helps, I'm doing the edexcel salters-nullified course.
usycool1
Badges: 19
Report Thread starter 6 years ago

Great! Wow, 4.5 hours a day?!? And I thought 1 hour a day was bad...

Wow, that's great! Don't send me the answer just yet, I am going to try it for slightly longer.
CharlieBoardman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great! Wow, 4.5 hours a day?!? And I thought 1 hour a day was bad...

Wow, that's great! Don't send me the answer just yet, I am going to try it for slightly longer.
Yep... Very long bus journeys for me. 1 hour would be heaven.. I leave the house at 7am, don't get back till 6:30pm.

Ha, it's a very cheeky question. It was the last one we had to do. Me and 3 other guys are a team in the Maths Premiership at our college. We had 5 questions of similar difficulty this round, and had to hand as many completed questions in as possible by 21st Sep. We answered all 5 which is good. I have a feeling we'll win. We have a VERY strong team indeed.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think of an 11 Letter word who's first three letters are the same as the last three xD
Tullia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think of an 11 Letter word who's first three letters are the same as the last three xD
Entertainment.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tullia)
Entertainment.
13 letters good guess though
Fool In The Rain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone! After a month of not going on TSR, I have returned.
College is fine, but I do worry about extra curricular since loads of clubs I've joined haven't said anything yet .
C1 and S1 is okay. Pretty much GCSE stuff (for now).
French est assez bien, mais je trouve que c'est très facile (en ce moment)
History is really interesting but there's so much work! It took me 2 hours to do notes on the emancipation of the serfs (that was only background knowledge). But I love history so that's not a problem

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My brain can't cope with that
Tullia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
13 letters good guess though
Further Maths and can't count.

Antioxidant *checks that it is 11 eleven letters*
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oooh got one: underground
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?