Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Santi Cazorla voted Arsenals player of the season. Was there ever any doubt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah he's had a brilliant season overall with some unbelievable performances here and there. 13m was about 50% of his true value.

Personally, I think Mertesacker deserves it though. He was reliable, composed and very focused all season(Germans :moon:). In previous years we would have crumbled under the kind of pressure we had in the run in but Per just dealt with everything thrown at him. Koscielny was just as good in the run in but not over the whole season. But combine Koscielny's aggression and speed and you have one of the best CB pairings in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @GeoffArsenal)
    Just had a 15min telephone call with someone i trust implicitly. This person is telling me the Cesc Fabregas to Arsenal could happen soon!
    Why do they play with our emotions so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    are you serious?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Would be pretty funny. United trying to strengthen themselves but then us activating the first refusal / buy back clause and turning into title contenders.

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas, Wilshere and Cazorla :coma:

never happening though. Fabregas probably just said something nice about Arsenal and didnt rule anything out and someone's hyped it into a possible transfer.

Although Fabregas's girlfriend is based in London and if you check out his sister's twitter, she is always dropping little comments to Cesc about London/Arsenal...

This is pretty pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    imagine
    schezny
    sagna kosc merte gibbs
    arterta/ramsey wilshere
    fabregas
    walcott villla (bcc reporting he has offers from us spuds and liverpoo) cazorla

fagbregas and cazorla the link up play :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    Don't do this to me! Everytime I think of the possibility of Cesc coming back to Arsenal I get goosebumps

ReputationRep:
    GeoffArsenal is actually pretty reliable compared to most other 'ITK's' on Twitter, he was spot on about Cazorla and the very much out of the blue Monreal transfer. With Neymar joining it's hard to see where Cesc is going to fit in next year unless he can oust Xavi as Barca have played him as part of the front three in many matches this season. He's 26 so coming into his prime and I know a lot of Barca fans don't think he fits in or will fit in to their team - he a lot different to Xavi, I think more so than they expected, he's a lot more direct.

But yeah, all in all, I'm clutching at straws here

if he comes back, it will be the transfer of the season by default, and probably the greatest deal wenger will ever pull off, not to mention the most epic troll of barcelona!

Imagine the options with fabregas, wilshere, arteta, rosicky, ramsey and carzola to choose from, all very good players. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and even though he snaked us, i understand and would happily welcome him back!

ReputationRep:
    What would be the first 11 next year if you got Fab out of interest? Not sure if Fab, Carzorla and Wilshire would offer enough protection to your back 4. Especially against top teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    if he comes back, it will be the transfer of the season by default, and probably the greatest deal wenger will ever pull off, not to mention the most epic troll of barcelona!

Imagine the options with fabregas, wilshere, arteta, rosicky, ramsey and carzola to choose from, all very good players. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and even though he snaked us, i understand and would happily welcome him back!
    He could have left any year from 2006-2011 to Real/Barca but stayed and eventually went to the only club he loved more than Arsenal, his hometown club with some of his best mates and his family next door. He hardly snaked us.

(Original post by anonstudent1)
    What would be the first 11 next year if you got Fab out of interest? Not sure if Fab, Carzorla and Wilshire would offer enough protection to your back 4. Especially against top teams
    Wilshere DM
    Walcott Fabregas Cazorla
    ST

ReputationRep:
    Szczesny
    Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
    Arteta - Ramsey
    Walcott - Fabregas - Cazorla
    Giroud

This is assuming we get no other signings but you're right because I can't see Wilshere fitting in unless we get a proper dm and even then with the arteta-Ramsey partnership going strong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Szczesny
    Arteta - Ramsey
    Giroud

This is assuming we get no other signings but you're right because I can't see Wilshere fitting in unless we get a proper dm and even then with the arteta-Ramsey partnership going strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that still looks pretty tasty tbh, especially if you could get a top striker in. I guess Ramsey could alternate with Wilshire?

ReputationRep:
    Szczesny
    Arteta - Ramsey
    Giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If wilshere can work next to song who neglected defending and was in general a lazy **** then why wouldn't he work next to arteta who actually does the job a holding midfielders supposed to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    If wilshere can work next to song who neglected defending and was in general a lazy **** then why wouldn't he work next to arteta who actually does the job a holding midfielders supposed to do
    Seeing as it didn't work this season whereas Ramsey with arteta did....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah that still looks pretty tasty tbh, especially if you could get a top striker in. I guess Ramsey could alternate with Wilshire?
    I think we should get a dm and rotate arteta-Ramsey with new dm-Wilshere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He hardly played alongside arteta though he was mostly number 10 which doesn't suit him. Ramsey and arteta started looking good after the club cracked down on defending and shape etc and we laboured badly through large periods of most of the games they played together in midfield

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In what sense did Ramsey + Arteta work? All I saw was sideways passing and the least inventive Arsenal midfield since I started going in 1997. These two should never be on the same pitch together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    In what sense did Ramsey + Arteta work? All I saw was sideways passing and the least inventive Arsenal midfield since I started going in 1997. These two should never be on the same pitch together.
    How did it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We created nothing the majority of the time. Vividly remember several games this season when we've created nothing and thinking ' what the **** are these two aiming to do'. Defensively Arteta did a decent job and Ramsey improved hugely after Xmas but together there is no chemistry, no blend in styles, nothing.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.