Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Hi guys! I was wondering if you would care to cast a vote on the Football Bill in the division lobby, the vote on which ends today. It is good, sensible, left-wing legislation that will enable ordinary working people to interact fully with Britain's national sport, and I'm hopeful you will take the time to support this principle in line with Labour values Thank you.
    Already have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Hi guys! I was wondering if you would care to cast a vote on the Football Bill in the division lobby, the vote on which ends today. It is good, sensible, left-wing legislation that will enable ordinary working people to interact fully with Britain's national sport, and I'm hopeful you will take the time to support this principle in line with Labour values Thank you.
    I'm surprised that you missed out some of Labour's most active MPs on your quote list and included Krack, who's banned.

I voted no, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    Already have
    Sorry, was trying to compile that using what must be an outdated MP list and missed your vote

(Original post by StatusRed)
    I'm surprised that you missed out some of Labour's most active MPs on your quote list and included Krack, who's banned.

I voted no, by the way.
    As I said, I used the MP list in the first post and compared it to the results thus far. I could see you'd already voted and so didn't waste your time by quoting you in Is there by any chance a list of current MPs available, if Krack is banned etc, or is the one linked to in the first post still valid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Sorry, was trying to compile that using what must be an outdated MP list and missed your vote

As I said, I used the MP list in the first post and compared it to the results thus far. I could see you'd already voted and so didn't waste your time by quoting you in Is there by any chance a list of current MPs available, if Krack is banned etc, or is the one linked to in the first post still valid?
    I think that list must be pretty outdated now. You'd have to probably ask Mechie for an updated list as I'm pretty unsure. Alternatively check the wiki maybe?

(Original post by Mechie)
    QFA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StatusRed)
    I think that list must be pretty outdated now. You'd have to probably ask Mechie for an updated list as I'm pretty unsure. Alternatively check the wiki maybe?
    Just checked the wiki. It's changed your name and put Vionar (who's already voted) in for Krack, still leaving you 1 MP short of your quota. Does that sound about right or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Just checked the wiki. It's changed your name and put Vionar (who's already voted) in for Krack, still leaving you 1 MP short of your quota. Does that sound about right or not?
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm back now!

ReputationRep:
    Who are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Who are you?
    He's a 00-Agent. First appears in Thunderball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    He's a 00-Agent. First appears in Thunderball.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Well, them's the limits of what I'd do for England, James. So:

ReputationRep:
    Well, them's the limits of what I'd do for England, James. So:

sheep-with-high-heels.png

Interested?

ReputationRep:
    Interested?
    Not sure I'll dignify casual (cultural) racism with anything more than reiterating my response above.

My family is welsh and that ****'s funny

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I'll dignify casual (cultural) racism with anything more than reiterating my response above.
    You never minded a little culturism before boyo.

ReputationRep:
    You never minded a little culturism before boyo.
    I did, I simply didn't bother raising my voice in this sea of Anglos. For a change, I have.

ReputationRep:
    I did, I simply didn't bother raising my voice in this sea of Anglos. For a change, I have.
    Should have said, I shall cease.

Shall I instead make fun of your terrible taste in symphonies?

ReputationRep:
    Shall I instead make fun of your terrible taste in symphonies?
    Feel free, if you can find any logical way to diss Beethoven, Brahms, Vaughan Williams, Copland and Shostakovich.

We're talking big, meaty, serious stuff here. None of this wispy Haydn and Mozart *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    1. Given that every Labour Government in history has spent more money than the country can afford, leading every single time to a catastrophic economic crisis, what confidence can we have that any future administration will take the hard (and politically unpopular) decisions needed to enable the country to live within its means?

2. Why won't the Labour leadership be honest with the electorate (the Tories and Lib Dems are equally culpable mind you) and admit that we cannot carry on throwing borrowed water in the holed bucket of the current, broken, welfare state model? Universal benefits, increasingly unaffordable unfunded pension provision for an ageing population, a ridiculously complicated tax credit system etc etc etc...

All political parties are the same. They think short term, and put political popularity ahead of the national interest. If we don't address the unfunded pension timebomb (for example) now, and address the problems of ineffective and inefficient welfare provision, it will just get worse and worse, not go away.

The coalition haven't go the guts to solve it. They are kicking the can down the road.

Will Labour? I am not holding my breath judging by previous performance.
    1) Because any other government, including the Conservatives would have bailed out the banks, leading to a spiral of debt.

2) The Labour leadership has been "honest" with the electorate, and adopted Conservative policy http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d13d7e3e-d...#axzz2X0yDvHeS

3) You do realise you are questioning a model parliament on real life policy, right?

4) Do you have any more stock, generic questions to ask or are you gonna go for something interesting this time?

ReputationRep:
    Why did Labour refuse my join request?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.