Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i wanna kno what teflon wengers gonna be wearin tho, best not turn up in no wasteman rags;
    Spoiler:
    Show

i want him to rock up in Armani with a Rolex to match or dont turn up at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    i wanna kno what teflon wengers gonna be wearin tho, best not turn up in no wasteman rags;
    Spoiler:
    Show

i want him to rock up in Armani with a Rolex to match or dont turn up at all.
    Well our suits for the 98 final were Hugo Boss so expect something of that standard. We do travel to all games in suits so it will probably be those.

As look as be don't rock up in full tracksuits looking like a bunch of youth workers like we did for the game against Birmingham!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I expect nothing less than the finest 3 piece Tom Ford suits- double vents, pocket squared, thin strip Wenger-esque red ties, tailored white shirts with double cuffs- no collar gaps wanted, gold cannon cufflinks in those cuffs.

DGAF about watches but Wenger knows a dealer

ReputationRep:
    Fully expect a win on Saturday. Any less and serious questions have to be asked.

ReputationRep:
    Our squad now compared to the one against that faced Birmingham is much stronger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Our squad now compared to the one against that faced Birmingham is much stronger.
    If Fabregas, Vermaelen and Walcott played that match I wonder what could have been...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If Fabregas, Vermaelen and Walcott played that match I wonder what could have been...
    Yup and if Robin didn't go off injured. That day I wanted to die, just hope we can put it right on Saturday and then push on from there. Everybody is back besides Walcott, which is good so there is no excuses.

ReputationRep:
    Na man if we don't win then.....
    But I'm pretty confident that our quality and determination should see out any upset from Hull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wengers usually on point with his choice of attire inb4 caterpillar coat. that there coat will be the death of the man, quote me.

ReputationRep:
    Here's an interesting situation.

Benzema's contract expires next year so talks of extending/leaving are bound to come soon. What makes this even better is the fact that Real Madrid are officially no longer able to win the La liga. If Atletico win the CL than I can see Real Madrid scrambling for Suarez this summer making the Benzema transfer more likely. It's not a secret that Wenger has wanted Benzema for a while now and the fact that he's French just means it makes more sense anyway.

Most likely won't happen as Suarez looks adamant on staying at Liverpool but who knows. We can't really assume much until the actual window and till then Ima keep dreaming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wengers usually on point with his choice of attire inb4 caterpillar coat. that there coat will be the death of the man, quote me.
    He looks pretty good for 63 yrs in his three piece suit and the little Arsenal crest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Here's an interesting situation.

Benzema's contract expires next year so talks of extending/leaving are bound to come soon. What makes this even better is the fact that Real Madrid are officially no longer able to win the La liga. If Atletico win the CL than I can see Real Madrid scrambling for Suarez this summer making the Benzema transfer more likely. It's not a secret that Wenger has wanted Benzema for a while now and the fact that he's French just means it makes more sense anyway.

Most likely won't happen as Suarez looks adamant on staying at Liverpool but who knows. We can't really assume much until the actual window and till then Ima keep dreaming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He could go to Liverpool: Suarez for Benz + cash.

ReputationRep:
    Where are Real going to fund the 70M for Suarez this summer? Are they going to sell Khedira, Coentrao and Benzema to fund Suarez?

Plus I probably see Coentrao staying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Where are Real going to fund the 70M for Suarez this summer? Are they going to sell Khedira, Coentrao and Benzema to fund Suarez?

Plus I probably see Coentrao staying.
    I think they can afford to sell just Benzema and go for Suarez. This is Madrid!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal made the right bid then we could deter them from doing a swap deal and just have them sell Benzema directly to us. I don't see them selling for any below 40m and you have to consider wether Wenger would actually consider going so high. League wise Benzema and Giroud have relatively similar stats however Benzema looks like much more of a big game player.

Said rumours saying we are preparing 30m but I don't see it happening. If Di Maria is sold then in sure City will get him first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They'll rely on Bankia to bail them out like always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I think they can afford to sell just Benzema and go for Suarez. This is Madrid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    FFP.

Benzema will be 30M and they'll need to find 40M out of thin air plus Suarez would be on massive wages.

They sold Ozil for a reason.
    (Original post by qua)
    They'll rely on Bankia to bail them out like always.
    How would that work in terms of FFP?

Surely they'll get caught making those deals like the way PSG and City got caught although they probably aren't as stupid as them two.

Although saying that they haven't been caught making that dodgy council deal that funded the original galacticos.

ReputationRep:
    That coat makes up 73% of his identity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically Wenger is gon spend big this summer and bring in loads of players.

RB= Michah Richards on a free, Use CJ more, Use Bellerin more
    CB= bring back Daniel Boateng and hope people think it's the other Boateng, Ferdinand on a free
    CDM= what is this? we have arteta. give him 10 year extension. Use Chamberlain there when Arteta is injured. Maybe sign Gareth Barry too for free.
    LW= Vela, bring Joel Cambpell back, use gnabry more (4m net)
    ST=Remy, promote one of Akpom or Afobe (8m net)

As no one will be sold for money, there will be a huge net spend of 12m. An unprecedented amount Wenger has spent net in a transfer time for a long time.

Spoiler:
    Show
    you may laugh but you know its the truth

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.