Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Law at Magdalen- so exciting!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm applying for Engineering Sciences as stated before and I'm an international applicant doing CIE a levels.

I had my P3 core paper today (it counts for 30% of the final grade) and as it turned out, out of the total 1 hour and 45 minutes, my school did not have electricity for around 40 minutes towards the end. I live in India and the temperature here is insane (peak was 35° C today) and we have only air conditioners in the classrooms which obviously couldn't work due to no electricity. I found the exam conditions terrible and I couldn't really focus on the last two questions (about 20 marks in all). It was hard to even think! I was completely prepared and everything but I'm really afraid that the circumstances affected me and I'm not sure how I'll do.

So my question is this: do these count as extenuating circumstances? In case I can't make an A* and I have an offer with it, will Oxford let me resit in the march or june session to get the grade? I'm really frustrated!! Would love some help with this. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!
    Course: Biomedical Science
    College: New College
    GCSEs: 7 A*, 4 A's
    AS Level: AAAAB (spanish, italian, psychology, biology, chemistry respectively)
    A2: A - maths already completed, A* - biology prediction, A* - psychology prediction, A - chemistry prediction

Anyone else here applying to New or for biomed???

P.S. So nervous for the BMAT anyone else doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valentinafunaro)
    Hi!!
    Course: Biomedical Science
    College: New College
    GCSEs: 7 A*, 4 A's
    AS Level: AAAAB (spanish, italian, psychology, biology, chemistry respectively)
    A2: A - maths already completed, A* - biology prediction, A* - psychology prediction, A - chemistry prediction

Anyone else here applying to New or for biomed???

P.S. So nervous for the BMAT anyone else doing it?
    Hi!! I've applied for Experimental Psychology at New

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else apply for History and Politics at Trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rvas)
    Hi!! I've applied for Experimental Psychology at New
    wooo yay! Hopefully we'll both get interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCharlotte)
    Applied for Law at Magdalen- so exciting!!!
    Same here! Well, Law with French law, but also at Magdalen
    Have you started preparing for the possible interview? I saw they only send you your interview invites in late November/ early December, and I reckon it's better to start preparing before then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    Same here! Well, Law with French law, but also at Magdalen
    Have you started preparing for the possible interview? I saw they only send you your interview invites in late November/ early December, and I reckon it's better to start preparing before then.
    Oh that's cool, I haven't seen many people applying to Magdalen on here! At my sixth form they give everyone who applies to Oxford and Cambridge a mock interview before we even hear whether we have one, so I think that will be quite useful. At the moment I'm reading the books I wrote about in my personal statement again in case I'm asked about them. What preparation have you done? I haven't thought about it too much in order to not get my hopes up!

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's cool, I haven't seen many people applying to Magdalen on here! At my sixth form they give everyone who applies to Oxford and Cambridge a mock interview before we even hear whether we have one, so I think that will be quite useful. At the moment I'm reading the books I wrote about in my personal statement again in case I'm asked about them. What preparation have you done? I haven't thought about it too much in order to not get my hopes up!
    Cool! Yes, my school also offers interview practice in mid-November I think. That's true, one has to be careful not to get too excited about something that's only a possibility. But I figured I'd attend a few more conferences, university lectures, read more books, keep updated with current affairs etc anyway. Whether or not there's an interview at the end of the line, it won't be detrimental to have read around the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazzledazzle)
    anyone applying for st catz?
    good choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Yes, I'm applying for History and Politics at Lincoln

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    Sent mine off for Geog at Jesus - anyone else applying for Jesus or Geog?
    Geography! which books did you include in your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momo16)
    I saw Lincoln on the open day! It looks like quite a nice college. I went for Trinity. Hopefully we both get interviews!

ReputationRep:
    I saw Lincoln on the open day! It looks like quite a nice college. I went for Trinity. Hopefully we both get interviews!
    Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Hello again! Got any other offers? You're all Politics everywhere else right?

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Yes, my school also offers interview practice in mid-November I think. That's true, one has to be careful not to get too excited about something that's only a possibility. But I figured I'd attend a few more conferences, university lectures, read more books, keep updated with current affairs etc anyway. Whether or not there's an interview at the end of the line, it won't be detrimental to have read around the subject.
    Yeah that's a good way of looking at it, the more you read the better! Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's a good way of looking at it, the more you read the better! Where else have you applied if you don't mind me asking?
    So Magdalen at Oxford, King's College, UCL and Queen Mary. They're all for English Law with French Law, and I also applied to a second course at KCL, Politics, Philosophy and Law. Since I already have my grades, I figured I'd only apply to unis I really loved and not "safe" ones. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    So Magdalen at Oxford, King's College, UCL and Queen Mary. They're all for English Law with French Law, and I also applied to a second course at KCL, Politics, Philosophy and Law. Since I already have my grades, I figured I'd only apply to unis I really loved and not "safe" ones. How about you?
    Yeah that's good that you're able to go for the unis you really like! I've had to be a bit more careful with choices (I love KCL and UCL but wouldn't apply for them both as I cannot distinguish between them greatly). So I applied for Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Cardiff and Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momo16)
    Ah I'm applying to Lincoln as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.