The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robboadam31
Looks like my forms have been lost in the post. Oh joy. :'(

What makes you so sure?
Original post by JHart1865
What makes you so sure?

It should've arrived Saturday. It's now missed three delivery dates and it's 1st class. I haven't got it tracked but it's a 'signed for' thing, so I just know it hasn't arrived.

EDIT: Also, I attached my original driving license with it as I couldn't scan it. Luckily I don't really need it but it's not great if that's gone missing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Also, they've just emailed me asking for my passport. I though it said in the guidelines that you don't need to send it if you showed it at the FSAC?
Same thing has happened to me. Fingers crossed they aren't lost just delayed
It should've arrived Saturday. It's now missed three delivery dates and it's 1st class. I haven't got it tracked but it's a 'signed for' thing, so I just know it hasn't arrived.

EDIT: Also, I attached my original driving license with it as I couldn't scan it. Luckily I don't really need it but it's not great if that's gone missing.

Hopefully it's just taking them a few days to process it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex787
Hi everyone

Is there a Facebook group I can join to connect with other fast stream apprentices, preferably in the London area? Thanks

Don't know if there is a facebook group for London fast streamers but there is certainly one for incoming starters on the civil service fast stream. This is a closed group and you should be sent the link with your successful email letter.
Original post by Worrier1
Don't know if there is a facebook group for London fast streamers but there is certainly one for incoming starters on the civil service fast stream. This is a closed group and you should be sent the link with your successful email letter.

Just realised that you are after a group for civil service apprentices so I don't know if the above group mentioned will apply.
I'm impressed with how fast their processing is. My employer has posted my reference back to them today, received it yesterday I think.
Original post by nicola1806
Its been about 2 weeks, the phone call was really underwhelming actually - just asked when I could start, if I was happy to relocate to London and what kind of job I'd want to work in e.g. policy, product delivery, finance etc. Tried to say I'd be happy with anything without sounding desperate!

Said they'd call back in a few days confirming my position and start date.

Interested to know - have you received a call back from them?
Interested to know - have you received a call back from them?

Nope...getting frustrated with how long this is taking. Just give me a concrete details already - especially when I've already decided to give up on another job to take the chance on this one :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope...getting frustrated with how long this is taking. Just give me a concrete details already - especially when I've already decided to give up on another job to take the chance on this one :/

Yeah I can imagine. Hopefully you'll hear something either today or Tuesday. I guess all departments are just being slow with this.
Yeah I can imagine. Hopefully you'll hear something either today or Tuesday. I guess all departments are just being slow with this.

Got an email this afternoon confirming my position - yay!

Hope everyone else hears back soon!

p.s. anyone looking for london flatmates?!
Got an email this afternoon confirming my position - yay!

Hope everyone else hears back soon!

p.s. anyone looking for london flatmates?!

What are are you going to be working in? I'm a little jealous that you got DCMS!
Oh congrats!! That's amazing! If anyone else gets any news, please do let us know, it's exciting to hear!
Original post by TritonSails
What are are you going to be working in? I'm a little jealous that you got DCMS!

Working with the creative media team looking at policy within the broadcasting area :smile:
For those who have made it all the way to the assessment centre: do you get re-tested on numeric and verbal reasoning there? One thing is preparing to sit tests in the comfort of your own home and a different one is to be tested in an invigilated room surrounded by equally nervous people.
Original post by vbenguiat
For those who have made it all the way to the assessment centre: do you get re-tested on numeric and verbal reasoning there? One thing is preparing to sit tests in the comfort of your own home and a different one is to be tested in an invigilated room surrounded by equally nervous people.

No, you don't have to do them again.
Well, I've had an email off my university saying that CS have been in touch with them for a reference, so at least I know things are still moving along in one respect!
Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 15.34.31.png Any idea where to find good / reliable e-tray practise tests? The link on the fast stream website isn't working.
You might find the 2015/16 page more helpful - we're mostly waiting/praying for job offers. The guys on this year's page will know a bit more hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending