Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Congratulations! I am still absolutely in shock about that, I didn't do brilliantly at AS so to see 200/200 at A2 blew my mind. Grade boundaries are awful this year. Also thank god for low psych boundaries, it would appear I only got 43/60 raw marks in one of my psych units but that was still an A*! RS boundaries did us all in - nobody got an A* in my group.
    Ah the RS boundaries were extremely tough! Don't know how I managed my A*, had accepted defeat completely.

ReputationRep:
    WOOP IM GOING TO CAMBRIDGE KINGS i missed my offer for French and Portuguese i got A/A/A i was meant to get A*/A/A but still got in YAY scared im going to be the only scouser there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    I mean you can choose to live out if you want to, but most colleges offer accommodation for at least two years, normally three and some four
    Interesting. That's not what they told me and they're three of them all at different colleges.... One of them was at new hall and her mum was so happy when her daughter got the offer from
    them because (according to her) that's one of few colleges that offer accommodation for all through the course.
    I shall interrogate them next time I see them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    Ah the RS boundaries were extremely tough! Don't know how I managed my A*, had accepted defeat completely.
    RS was my strong subject all through school and i was 2 marks of the A* to get into Cambridge luckily they still offered me the place fkin surprised tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Interesting. That's not what they told me and they're three of them all at different colleges.... One of them was at new hall and her mum was so happy when her daughter got the offer from
    them because (according to her) that's one of few colleges that offer accommodation for all through the course.
    I shall interrogate them next time I see them!
    It may be that they've since built new accommodation and can house more? I only know of a few colleges which only offer 2 years accommodation - and even then you can sometimes get 3 through the ballot etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parahmore)
    WOOP IM GOING TO CAMBRIDGE KINGS i missed my offer for French and Portuguese i got A/A/A i was meant to get A*/A/A but still got in YAY scared im going to be the only scouser there
    Fear not, another scouser here! Spanish and German at St John's

ReputationRep:
    It may be that they've since built new accommodation and can house more? I only know of a few colleges which only offer 2 years accommodation - and even then you can sometimes get 3 through the ballot etc
    Is it possible some colleges have accommodation for 2/3/4 yrs but not for all the students, like you can get it if you're successful in ballots? Anyway one of them only graduated this summer and he only lived in college accommodation in the first year and it wasn't his choice he had to go private
    In the second year onwards.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible some colleges have accommodation for 2/3/4 yrs but not for all the students, like you can get it if you're successful in ballots? Anyway one of them only graduated this summer and he only lived in college accommodation in the first year and it wasn't his choice he had to go private
    All colleges offer accommodation for at least two years - and thats an official stance.

Most will offer 3, sometimes 4. Normally those that don't also have it as an option through ballots - but that's the minority.

ReputationRep:
    i havent even thought about my accommodation oh well time to get searching

ReputationRep:
    All colleges offer accommodation for at least two years - and thats an official stance.

Most will offer 3, sometimes 4. Normally those that don't also have it as an option through ballots - but that's the minority.
    I just checked - and only 5 offer accommodation for 2 years. The rest are your entire degree - so 3/4. And most of the ones that offer 2 years also offer a third for the majority of students

ReputationRep:
    i havent even thought about my accommodation oh well time to get searching
    You don't need to search at all - your college will organise your room for first year

ReputationRep:

Ok maybe they went to the minorities then....

ReputationRep:
    My son was at Churchill and had to pay £1500 when he arrived. He got it back at the end, which meant college actually owed him a small amount when he left.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it! Although do expect a bit of flack for having a non-southern accent. I'm Irish and I constantly have the piss taken out of me.

ReputationRep:
    How much did you miss your offer by, if you don't mind me asking? And is that your original college choice? Congratulations by the way

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm an AS student and I just got my results and disappointed. Just wanted some advice and honest opinions do you think I could still apply with....
    Biology 83%
    Chemistry 79%
    Geography 95%
    Mathematics 74%
    I want to be a Bio Nat Sci and no mean comments please!

(Original post by paradoxicalme)
    AABB is good (don't lose sight of that, they're really good grades) but you'd be struggling for Cambridge, since they're so hot on UMS and your three most relevant subjects (which are what they include as your UMS average) average out to a B. My advice would be to work like hell in A2, apply to some good places (you could get places at a lot of great unis with good predicted and those ASes) and then, if you get the grades for cambridge, reapply in a gap year. That way, if you end up with A*A*A or better you're in a good position to apply, and if not you're going somewhere great anyway.
    Thank you that made me feel much better! I'm a perfectionist and very self critical so i just felt like no university would consider me.
    When you reapply in a gap year is the ucas process the same?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an offer holder but I've missed my offer, only got 4 A's, I've sent off all my forms and scores to Magdalene but they still haven't got back to me. Is anyone in the same boat or have any advice, massively freaking out and would much rather be rejected than have to wait through this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDodd)
    Woop!! So excited, so happy with my results!!
    Nice! I wonder if our paths crossed at interviews
    (Original post by HopefulLawyerHG)
    Law, and one of the A* was general studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmmm... I'd never have thought law would be specified. Especially seeing as it's one they prefer less

ReputationRep:
    Yay congrats! Now a second-year MMLer, I hope you'll enjoy your first year as much as I did... eeeee I'm not a fresher anymore! D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyyyy)
    4 A*s, got my offer and managed not to get stuck in a toilet, good day tbh (now I'm never gonna milk that joke ever again)
    HAHAHAHA IT'S YOU

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.