Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    I got an A overall
    But did better in unit 2
    I got a B in unit 1 which was a shock because I found it so much easier than unit 2 I want to send it for a remark, as it may go up, and increase my chances of an A* next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To get an A* you have to get 90% at A2. Getting a higher A at AS will not improve your chances of getting an A*, but only will make the UMS needed for an A less in total. It's an odd rule but we have to embrace it. Somehow it is possible for one student to get 100% at AS but 89% at A2 and get an A overall but another student get 80% at AS and 90% at A2 and get an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcsiah)
    To get an A* you have to get 90% at A2. Getting a higher A at AS will not improve your chances of getting an A*, but only will make the UMS needed for an A less in total. It's an odd rule but we have to embrace it. Somehow it is possible for one student to get 100% at AS but 89% at A2 and get an A overall but another student get 80% at AS and 90% at A2 and get an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay thank you
    I'll keep that in mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1 mark off an A - of course I'm happy with a B but I'm so tempted to get a remark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    1 mark off an A - of course I'm happy with a B but I'm so tempted to get a remark
    Go for it
    It may go up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    Go for it
    It may go up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I probably will haven't got much to lose!

ReputationRep:
    This is a good piece of advice, thanks! Unfortunately I will have to wait until September to do this and I'll have a new teacher whom I don't know, too. Hoping that won't be too late.
    (Original post by cicehaye)
    I would suggest getting a photocopy of your paper and then giving it to your teacher to look at. Then she can see if you've been marked too harshly and if so, get it remarked. The problem with getting a remark straight out is that if your UMS goes down, it's too late. By getting a photocopy you can judge if your UMS will go up or not. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    got a b c in unit 1 b in unit 2(78%)

chuffed

ReputationRep:
    hey guys got a B overall for Psy. I wanna try get an A overall by the end. i got 70UMS in unit 1 and 73 UMS in unit 2, i was thinking should i bother retaking any of these 2 modules? due to the fact i worked out i'd need at least 90UMS on unit 3 and 4 for A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    hey guys got a B overall for Psy. I wanna try get an A overall by the end. i got 70UMS in unit 1 and 73 UMS in unit 2, i was thinking should i bother retaking any of these 2 modules? due to the fact i worked out i'd need at least 90UMS on unit 3 and 4 for A2
    Yes, you was only a couple of marks into a B and would require so much work to get an A over all. I think it'd be worth it to retake even just the one, good luck with your A xx

ReputationRep:
    I got 66/100 UMS for unit 1 and 82/100 UMS for unit 2, which is 148/200UMS altogether, ending up with a B. Do you think I should consider a remark? I honestly thought I found unit 1 quite well but.. my results showed otherwise. Was really hoping for an A. Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Got an A overall lol idek how😂🔫
    70 ums in psay 1 which was a shock because I was Expecting a high A

But then 95ums in psay2 which was an even bigger shock because I didn't like
    That exam .
    😂 so confused as to how that happened but it did .-.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    Got an A overall lol idek how😂🔫
    70 ums in psay 1 which was a shock because I was Expecting a high A

But then 95ums in psay2 which was an even bigger shock because I didn't like
    That exam .
    😂 so confused as to how that happened but it did .-.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly the same with me
    I got 78 ums in unit 1 but u thought I'd get full marks
    And then a much higher ums in unit 2 and I really hated it and didn't know what to write

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 68 on both which was a C on both, 2 marks off a B in each exam! I'm happy with that since my grandma passed away and I taught myself 75% of the whole course! Should I resit next year? If so, should I retake both units or just one to try and boost it up to a B maybes (which would require an A right?)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dasaw)
    I got a D overall for psych and in unit PSYA1 i got 55/72 marks (83UMS) and for unit PSYA2 i got 54/72 marks (74UMS) surely according to the UMS grade boundries that is a B overall for 140/200 UMS and i also 3 UMS off and A being 160/200 UMS and i got 157/200 UMS. So could anyone explain the reason why i got a D? Unless the grade boundries were incorrect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmzey)
    I got a D overall for psych and in unit PSYA1 i got 55/72 marks (83UMS) and for unit PSYA2 i got 54/72 marks (74UMS) surely according to the UMS grade boundries that is a B overall for 140/200 UMS and i also 3 UMS off and A being 160/200 UMS and i got 157/200 UMS. So could anyone explain the reason why i got a D? Unless the grade boundries were incorrect?
    If you're going by what you saw on your results sheet, the mark given on that sheet is how many UMS you got not how many raw marks. You therefore got 55 UMS and 54 UMS which are both average Ds half way between an D and a C.

ReputationRep:
    I got 92 UMS in unit 2 and 82 UMS in unit 1. Although these are both A grade do you think it would be worth the £25 charge to redo unit 1. The reason being if I can get an extra 10 UMS or more it'll make it a lot easier to get an A next year!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenashideedoor)
    I got 68 on both which was a C on both, 2 marks off a B in each exam! I'm happy with that since my grandma passed away and I taught myself 75% of the whole course! Should I resit next year? If so, should I retake both units or just one to try and boost it up to a B maybes (which would require an A right?)?
    I got the EXACT same grade & marks 😩 - do you think its worth getting it remarked or should I try really hard next year so I can get a B or if by miracle, an A?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how you get an A* next year? Can some one explain it to me in terms of my own grades

I got 96 UMS in PSYA1 and 97 on PSYA2, amounting to 193/200 UMS overall. How many points (UMS) do I have to get next year on top of this to get an A* or is it the same for everyone regardless of how many you get at AS???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megano12345)
    I don't understand how you get an A* next year? Can some one explain it to me in terms of my own grades

I got 96 UMS in PSYA1 and 97 on PSYA2, amounting to 193/200 UMS overall. How many points (UMS) do I have to get next year on top of this to get an A* or is it the same for everyone regardless of how many you get at AS???
    To get an A* you need 90% on the A2 modules, so if you get 89% next year then you'll only get an A even if it averages out to 90% overall!

ReputationRep:
    98/100 UMS for both units. A overall; happy!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.