Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Prepare for the scaremongering articles from Daily Mail and co about low grades, errors etc
    The BBC are already on it
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-37026755

ReputationRep:
    Any of you A-Level veterans want to give me tips and tricks for AS results day? I actually don't know what to do on that day etc

ReputationRep:
    @PQ The conditions of my firm offer for MEng include an alternative, lower offer in the description (for BEng). Does that mean if I achieve lower I could be offered the BEng?

ReputationRep:
    This article makes me feel much better, not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncant)
    @PQ The conditions of my firm offer for MEng include an alternative, lower offer in the description (for BEng). Does that mean if I achieve lower I could be offered the BEng?
    Yep

Universities have the option to make you a Changed Course Offer on Track on results day.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT IT - you get 7 (iirr) days to decide to either accept the changed course offer (and go to your firm - or your insurance if it's from your insurance and your firm have rejected you) or decline it. If you decline it then it's treated as if your university rejected you (so if the changed course offer came from your firm then you'd be passed on to your insurance, if the changes course offer came from your insurance then you're passed on to clearing).

Some universities use this to fill up unpopular courses that are completely unrelated - although the MEng/BEng route it common as is offering foundation year entry where that's available.

For any changed course offer it's a good idea to give yourself a day or two to think things through before accepting on Track (if you're edging towards declining then there's no benefit to waiting). Offers like this aren't always made with an applicants best interests in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    This article makes me feel much better, not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What it means is not that grades are lower, but that they will be a reflection of the new a-levels.
    They always vary for new specs.
    They can be lower grade boundaries than last year, that is 'varied' but not worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)
    What it means is not that grades are lower, but that they will be a reflection of the new a-levels.
    They always vary for new specs.
    They can be lower grade boundaries than last year, that is 'varied' but not worse.
    Okay, that puts it in a better light now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For psychology I think the grade boundaries will be.
    PSYA1- A 53/54, B 49 C 42 D 37 (thought it was similar to 2013/2012 papers)
    PSYA2- A 55, B 50, C 45 , D 38
    PSYA3- A* 49 A 43 B 36
    PSYA4- A* 60, A 53, B 45 C 39 D 32

For PSYA4 I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year. Last years paper was a replacement and so they put easy questions in. This year I think that research methods was good as it contains mostly AS questions but not as easy as last years. However they repeated questions which may have lead people not being prepared.

I've guessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Okay, that puts it in a better light now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha no problem.
    If it helps you more, I'm definitely sure that this year the grade boundaries will be lower.
    It's always been lower. Considerably.
    Especially for linear A-levels they will be sh*t low as they aren't modular anymore.

I think this scaremongering is too much tbh.
    I thought that about GCSEs and I loved my results. I exceeded them by far.
    It is too much these days.
    It's just a human thing to write negative stuff for personal satisfaction, so don't read too far into the articles.

Half of the a-levels aren't even seriously taken by at least half of the people taking the exams as since they use it as a time-spender so because of them grade boundaries will be even lower.

Have I relieved you of the stress?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here do edexcel maths this year, what are your grade boundary predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Any of you A-Level veterans want to give me tips and tricks for AS results day? I actually don't know what to do on that day etc
    What do you mean? Has someone at your sixth form let you know what time you're able to come in to collect your results?

ReputationRep:
    For you guys i think there is a lot less pressure as these grades do not count toward your final grade. I think its really good actually as it gives you an indication of how much harder you need to work to get the grades you want without affecting your overall A level grade at the end of the two years. But good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    UCAS only get the CIE results today.

The other exam boards send results through tomorrow.

UCAS send the results on to universities on Friday night/Saturday morning - quite often getting the results loaded and set up to report on takes 24 hours within universities....decisions start to happen on Sunday and Monday.
    Any idea if us CIE folks will get confirmation letters from Unis before the 18th? I'm waiting on that for my visa application...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    For you guys i think there is a lot less pressure as these grades do not count toward your final grade. I think its really good actually as it gives you an indication of how much harder you need to work to get the grades you want without affecting your overall A level grade at the end of the two years. But good luck anyway!

yeah the reason why im still fretting even though I'm AS is because I'm not if my teachers will predict me grades I need if I don't do well this year if I don't then ill try to convince them to predict me what I need for uni bug what if they don't budge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Any idea if us CIE folks will get confirmation letters from Unis before the 18th? I'm waiting on that for my visa application...
    It will depend on your university - your best guess is to call them up today and let them know that you know your grades (and therefore they can send you letters and go ahead with your CAS without breaking the embargo on results)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It will depend on your university - your best guess is to call them up today and let them know that you know your grades (and therefore they can send you letters and go ahead with your CAS without breaking the embargo on results)
    Great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    There isn't much to do. You just go into your college or online for some and find out your results. If you do good then they usually make you fill out a form to say which a levels you will be carrying on with. If you have done bad, you usually have a meeting with a member of staff to look at your options e.g. resitting the year or going to a different college ect. No tips and tricks needed ahah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Great, thank you!
    Oh and on your adjustment question on the other thread - if that's something you're considering then I'd suggest calling universities next wednesday to test the water about if they'd be interested (explain you have your results and will be entering adjustment as soon as it opens). By that point they should have got through the work on the A level results and you might be able to narrow down your options and prioritise before the rush on the 18th.

Be sure to ask if they're offering any guarantees on accommodation for adjustment candidates (and any financial incentives like fee waivers or scholarships and welcome activities for international students). Often that information isn't put on public sites and I imagine it will be important if you're considering adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    yeah the reason why im still fretting even though I'm AS is because I'm not if my teachers will predict me grades I need if I don't do well this year if I don't then ill try to convince them to predict me what I need for uni bug what if they don't budge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even though predicted grades are important i think a banging personal statement is a lot more convincing. I was predicted BBB as i didn't do as well in AS but I got all my 5 offers 3/5 of them wanting AAB-ABB when i got BBC at AS. Im sure it was because my personal statement was written well and my teachers gave me good references. So don't sweat it too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Oh and on your adjustment question on the other thread - if that's something you're considering then I'd suggest calling universities next wednesday to test the water about if they'd be interested (explain you have your results and will be entering adjustment as soon as it opens). By that point they should have got through the work on the A level results and you might be able to narrow down your options and prioritise before the rush on the 18th.

Be sure to ask if they're offering any guarantees on accommodation for adjustment candidates (and any financial incentives like fee waivers or scholarships and welcome activities for international students). Often that information isn't put on public sites and I imagine it will be important if you're considering adjustment.
    That's really helpful, thank you so much!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.