Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone who missed their offer coming to Warwick? It seems like everyone who is rejected is reapplying next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    I clicked on A Level Maths. I can't find the information regarding the date
    The exam timetables are here:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...imetables.html

Again, follow through the links for A level Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    The exam timetables are here:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...imetables.html

Again, follow through the links for A level Maths.
    Thanks I found it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Yeah got accepted by Warwick, definitely not reapplying to Cambridge but really, really would have liked to have been accepted first time round.
    Sorry I haven't been following. If you don't mind me asking, how come you are not accepted in Cambridge with your great results in STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie Leconte)
    Sorry I haven't been following. If you don't mind me asking, how come you are not accepted in Cambridge with your great results in STEP?
    He was rejected in Jan, probably just a bad interview in his part tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie Leconte)
    Because I messed up the pre-interview test so badly that the interviewer had already given up on me before the interview lol. Probably concluded there was no way I could handle STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ's Admissions)
    I believe the errors were reported to students on Thursday, having been identified on Wednesday. As far as I am aware only four grades were changed as a result of the errors.
    How on earth did that happen?!?! It does beg the question of whether there are more errors. I assume once the first error was spotted people didn't go through every script again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    How on earth did that happen?!?! It does beg the question of whether there are more errors. I assume once the first error was spotted people didn't go through every script again...
    Also doesn't 'only four grades (not marks) were changed' mean that there were a lot more than 4 errors?

ReputationRep:
    Because I messed up the pre-interview test so badly that the interviewer had already given up on me before the interview lol. Probably concluded there was no way I could handle STEP.
    Well, they got ur step grades so they will regret it massively that they missed a good student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Well, they got ur step grades so they will regret it massively that they missed a good student.
    Yeah I guess but it's a loss for me too...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone who missed their offer coming to Warwick? It seems like everyone who is rejected is reapplying next year.
    I am X)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chimaera)
    I am X)
    Nice!

ReputationRep:
    Nice!
    Missed my Imperial offer, my STEP grades were as I expected, plus I missed the A* for Further as well XP

ReputationRep:
    Missed my Imperial offer, my STEP grades were as I expected, plus I missed the A* for Further as well XP
    How did you do in STEP? Assuming you got a 1 in at least one paper since you got in without A* in FM?
    I put Imperial as insurance lol.

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in STEP? Assuming you got a 1 in at least one paper since you got in without A* in FM?
    I put Imperial as insurance lol.
    I'm not gonna do Maths, got in for Maths and Physics. Actually had to go through Clearing, so I was pretty lucky. I liked that my course has the option to switch to either straight major after the first year, so if I do well enough I could still do Maths

My STEP was pretty terrible, but I did pass, so you probably can tell what I got :P I did get 4A*s, so I was hoping that both of them might overlook the Further, but oh well. How come you firmed Warwick over Imperial? Was Imperial's requirement lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ's Admissions)
    I can't really answer in that level of detail without compromising individual applicants' anonymity. Sorry.
    I'm the Christ's offer that had his grade changed from 1 to S in Step II .
    However they didn't inform me about the mark I got and I want to know.
    I guess we are talking about one or a couple of points ,but still I wanna know.
    What should I do? Ask anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna do Maths, got in for Maths and Physics. Actually had to go through Clearing, so I was pretty lucky. I liked that my course has the option to switch to either straight major after the first year, so if I do well enough I could still do Maths

My STEP was pretty terrible, but I did pass, so you probably can tell what I got :P I did get 4A*s, so I was hoping that both of them might overlook the Further, but oh well. How come you firmed Warwick over Imperial? Was Imperial's requirement lower?
    Oh nice, 4A* anyway XD. Only had 2.

Yeah Imperial was lower. But I didn't want to go to Imperial anyway. In fact if I had missed my Warwick offer (I have no idea how I would though) I would've probably had to take a gap year and stuff. Would probably reapply to Cambridge in that case.
    But that would've been bad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice, 4A* anyway XD. Only had 2.

Yeah Imperial was lower. But I didn't want to go to Imperial anyway. In fact if I had missed my Warwick offer (I have no idea how I would though) I would've probably had to take a gap year and stuff. Would probably reapply to Cambridge in that case.
    But that would've been bad.
    Ahh I see. I was thinking of a gap year too but then decided I couldn't be bothered XD Anyways I think I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. Looking forward to seeing you around in October!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see. I was thinking of a gap year too but then decided I couldn't be bothered XD Anyways I think I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. Looking forward to seeing you around in October!
    Yep you too!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by shamika)
    It was a marking error with a small number of scripts. I don't know the exact details (I'm a medieval historian after all!) of the whys and wherefores. Fortunately it was noticed (if not quite in time for results to have gone out) and has been rectified. It's obviously a bit embarrassing for us but all exams are susceptible to human error unfortunately.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.