Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calileo)
    Thanks
    I'm guessing you mean Peter Cushing's Doctor right? If so, his one isn't officially recognised. Moffat did apparantly want some reference to him in the 50th though!
    Coo. Moffat to recog Cushing? That's news! :eek:

Your table is awesome, did it take a lot of work?!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me the character flaws of the doctors? Like I know the 10th doctor's was arrogance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Coo. Moffat to recog Cushing? That's news! :eek:

Your table is awesome, did it take a lot of work?!
    It actually didn't take me a lot as i'd thought about it tons already even before joining this thread I know a lot of people that have had trouble with the numbering, but i found it sort of easy as i think i'm more or less right with my table.

I just can't wait for a bunch of certain things in series 8 though, i'm eager for my answers!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else agree that the new Doctor is more suitable to an Emmerdale role? He is just so boring, and so difficult to understand. His jokes just don't sound funny at all - barely any character at all.

As for the episode in general; it started with the same typical story of the doctor wasting half an hour acting mentally disabled after his transformation, and the companion boringly trying to comprehend what has happened. It's just so repetitive!

The jokes and one liners were also poorly presented, such as when the 'Sontaran' threw a newspaper powerfully enough to knock Clara out. Boring. As for the characters; Clara is the only one worth watching. The lesbian green alien thing is just painful to look at, and the Sontaran's speech is 60% mocking humans, e.g. "boy".

I honestly believe this is a massive downgrade from the last three doctors.

Any similar thoughts?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I like it

ReputationRep:
    Well it's different...but a good different!

ReputationRep:
    Bad different

This new doctor is totally lame. And he's too old for my liking.
    And the accomplice wasn't even that hot..

Would not watch again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Bad different

This new doctor is totally lame. And he's too old for my liking.
    And the accomplice wasn't even that hot..

Would not watch again.
    Clara is beautiful. Leave her alone.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible, annoying, slapstick humour (like Clara being knocked out with a paper or the Doctor falling through the tree) with stupid one-liners and I cannot stand that lame, unfunny sontarin character either. Maybe Peter Capaldi will get better as the series goes on, but I won't be watching it lol.

Though as ever, the title sequence was very cool!

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the new Doctor I kind of like him He's obviously very different to Matt Smith but he is also a bit more intense different but still good
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    That was a weird episode... What did people think? Think that the doctor will take some getting used to after David Tennant and Matt Smith.

And do more seasoned Dr Who fans know who the

Spoiler:
    Show
    droids were? Cos I don't remember them. However, I've only seen the new series with Ecclestone and after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    That was a weird episode... What did people think? Think that the doctor will take some getting used to after David Tennant and Matt Smith.

Spoiler:
    Show
    droids were? Cos I don't remember them. However, I've only seen the new series with Ecclestone and after
    From Madame DE pOMPADOUR

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Girl In The Fireplace (Tennant episode)

does that ring any bells?

clockwork aliens in france?

I saw it in the cinema on the world tour and loved it, saw it again here and loved it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really unsure how I feel about him at the moment, but at the same time I think it would be unfair to cast judgement upon him based on purely one episode. I guess I shall make my mind up as the season progresses.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    From Madame DE pOMPADOUR
    (Original post by alpen)
    Girl In The Fireplace (Tennant episode)

does that ring any bells?

clockwork aliens in france?

I saw it in the cinema on the world tour and loved it, saw it again here and loved it.
    It didn't until I looked it up. Thanks both of you

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Clockwork droids, they were in a season 3 tennant episode

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone make of that EP? I thought I was a nice episode, capaldi has won me over already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Loved the ending. :ahee:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I liked it I like Capaldi. He is approved of :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I love Capaldi!!! I thought that was an awesome episode! Can't wait for the next!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.