Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    Edinburgh is a gorgeous University!
    Haha, speculating is good! I've been looking at every option myself!

Hopefully Bath for Pharmacy, just got to keep my fingers crossed I get my grades though! x
    Yeah Edinburgh is great I think speculating is all we can do for the next few days unfortunately :rolleyes:.

Bath is a really nice historical place as well, although I've never seen/visited the university as it didn't do my course. Is the university modern or old? What grades do you need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorem Ipsum)
    Yeah Edinburgh is great I think speculating is all we can do for the next few days unfortunately :rolleyes:.

Bath is a really nice historical place as well, although I've never seen/visited the university as it didn't do my course. Is the university modern or old? What grades do you need?
    I didn't visit or see Bath at all, but I decided to apply there due to family pressure actually! I saw it on my interview date and thought it was quite lively and the lecturers seemed lovely, so I firmed it.
    It's not old like Edinburgh, but it's not modern either. It's like a 60's concrete campus, which doesn't sound too nice to be honest, but its got a nice campus feeling to it

I need AAB, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed I;ve got an A on my R.S exam XD xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedstudent)
    I do, just hoping that I meet it.

Are you holding a medical school offer too?
    Hey hopefully you will get in!. Yeh im holding offers , fortunately theyre unconditional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    I didn't visit or see Bath at all, but I decided to apply there due to family pressure actually! I saw it on my interview date and thought it was quite lively and the lecturers seemed lovely, so I firmed it.
    It's not old like Edinburgh, but it's not modern either. It's like a 60's concrete campus, which doesn't sound too nice to be honest, but its got a nice campus feeling to it

I need AAB, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed I;ve got an A on my R.S exam XD xx
    I'm quite familiar with family pressure, I was nearly forced into applying to Exeter despite the fact that it was the one university I didn't want to go to (mainly due to proximity as I live in Torbay). I ended up applying to Durham who I was promptly rejected by, but if Exeter had given me an offer I may have been forced into going there :P. Anyway I'm sure Bath is great, I probably would have applied there myself if it had offered my course. The 'campus' thing is nice, at Edinburgh the catered accommodation buildings (which is where I've applied to be) are in on a mini-campus just out of town which is cool.

I think we spoke earlier about Philosophy, and I'm sure you'll have done enough. My main worry is getting my third A in Geography...or lest I say it Drama :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    The thing I am most worried about is that I don't even have the luxury of an insurance...

ReputationRep:
    Any University of Kent firmers? It's my insurance. I think it might be where I end up.

Ahh hurry up Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    I'm wide awake O.O
    Can't sleep at all because I'm so nervous.

2 days and 20 hours till results day....
    (or 1 day and 20 hours till grade boundaries) !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Umad?

Oh, umad alright.

Attachment 237136
    I'm not mad, I'm just not afraid of having an opinion. What kind of simpleton says 'umad'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    Why are you so annoyed? Did somebody fail their A-Levels?
    I'm annoyed because, after making it to an AAB-requiring university (I was one grade off but they let me in), a large portion of people there are typically from middle/upper-middle class backgrounds, who are blatantly the products of pushy parenting and/or superior schools, but frankly I don't see that much natural intelligence in most of these people. Everything about them seems artificial and not quite right.

ReputationRep:
    Up at 4:23 am because I'm already too stressed about results to sleep. What is my life?

ReputationRep:
    I have work at 9, I shouldn't be up stressing over results day. Going to be tired and moody all day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been worrying about this since I came out of my last exam :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Up at 4:23 am because I'm already too stressed about results to sleep. What is my life?
    Im the complete opposite, im excited! ( I f*d up like two exams but still ...oddly excited o_O), the anticipation, the wait it's all been too long. Let's get it over and done with!
    Whatever happens, is meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymou)
    Im the complete opposite, im excited! ( I f*d up like two exams but still ...oddly excited o_O), the anticipation, the wait it's all been too long. Let's get it over and done with!
    Whatever happens, is meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I completely understand the whole anticipation for results to become available as soon as possible but it's more of a means to unleash me from this horrific wait rather than wanting to know what I've got. I don't have high hopes.

Are you an A2 student?

ReputationRep:
    Time to watch Dexter and Breaking Bad, then off to a LotR marathon

WHAT IS LIFE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sAvi0r)
    Time to watch Dexter and Breaking Bad, then off to a LotR marathon

WHAT IS LIFE
    Working through Breaking Bad marathon style to take my mind off the big day... cooling down from a recent LotR spree though, opting for Watchmen after this!

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I totally know the feeling.
    It's 5:20am.. and I'm still awake.

Mind me asking what exam board your R.S is?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I completely understand the whole anticipation for results to become available as soon as possible but it's more of a means to unleash me from this horrific wait rather than wanting to know what I've got. I don't have high hopes.

Are you an A2 student?
    No high hopes round here too to be honest, I just want to leave home like now!
    Yes, im an A2 student & yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymou)
    No high hopes round here too to be honest, I just want to leave home like now!
    Yes, im an A2 student & yourself?
    Oh the thought of leaving home just makes me wish it was Thursday already so I can know when I can get out of here for sure!!

Though hopefully, as I'm on a gap year (working), I will be moving into my own flat in Edinburgh..

It would be nice to know I have somewhere to go at the end of that year though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.