Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Labour Party Q&A Thread - Ask/Join here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Why did Labour refuse my join request?
    Probably because we don't want you in the party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StatusRed)
    Says the bloke who was trying to get Morgsie to join. Frankly, I'd prefer to have TMD in than your pal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    Says the bloke who was trying to get Morgsie to join. Frankly, I'd prefer to have TMD in than your pal.
    I suggest you have a look at what I wrote on the "Prime Minister Must Say" bill.

ReputationRep:
    given recent events, when will your real life party be announcing it's amalgamation with the real life Conservatives?

as you are now following their policy book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StatusRed)
    Given your Leader was trying to court me and Cheese_Monster to join only a week and a half ago this baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    Given your Leader was trying to court me and Cheese_Monster to join only a week and a half ago this baffles me.
    Ask who's responsible for accepting / rejecting the invites. Personally, I wouldn't support you joining so long as you're in the Greens; I honestly see it as a lack of commitment to both parties.

ReputationRep:
    Courting, Jesus Christ. What an A-Team.

ReputationRep:
    Why did Labour refuse my join request?
    Because I don't generally let people in who say they're just joining to spy on us. Soz man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    Because I don't generally let people in who say they're just joining to spy on us. Soz man.
    I never said I was joining just to spy on you, I would contribute actively as a dual member to both parties if you let me in. I may not have been overly complimentary in my join request but I definitely didn't say I'd be joining to spy on you.

ReputationRep:
    I never said I was joining just to spy on you, I would contribute actively as a dual member to both parties if you let me in. I may not have been overly complimentary in my join request but I definitely didn't say I'd be joining to spy on you.
    That was the reason though. Don't try to pretend it wasn't because I know it was, and you know I'm right

ReputationRep:
    That was the reason though. Don't try to pretend it wasn't because I know it was, and you know I'm right
    I'll say it wasn't because it wasn't. Well not the main reason anyway, ideally I wanted to perform a coup d'etat of your party and claim it for the Greens.

ReputationRep:
    I'll say it wasn't because it wasn't. Well not the main reason anyway, ideally I wanted to perform a coup d'tat of your party and claim it for the Greens.
    Whatever the reason, you weren't trying to join Labour because you wanted to positively contribute to Labour, that's for certain. That's also probably the reason I didn't let you in too

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the reason, you weren't trying to join Labour because you wanted to positively contribute to Labour, that's for certain. That's also probably the reason I didn't let you in too
    Personally I'd define performing a coup d'etat of your party and ridding it of the New Labourite Tories a positive contribution, if you don't it's your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    given recent events, when will your real life party be announcing it's amalgamation with the real life Conservatives?

as you are now following their policy book.
    I can't answer on behalf of the RL party, but and questions about the TSR party then fire away

ReputationRep:
    a coup d'tat .
    A what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    A what?
    Meant coup d'etat.

ReputationRep:
    Meant coup d'etat.
    Sure you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Sure you did.
    What? I genuinely did.

ReputationRep:
    Is Labour currently engaging in any seat sharing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Is Labour currently engaging in any seat sharing.
    With which party? :confused:
    None of our lot as far as I know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.