Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    So is it a potential Novak-Rafa quarter?
    Yep. Then whoever gets out of that will most likely face Murray in the semis, then Federer in the final

ReputationRep:
    Finally Federer gets a somewhat easy draw this year. But it's not as easy as some people are making it out to be. He has got Monfils, Stan & Berdych in his draw, but that's still better than having Nadal in his half. Poor Djokovic, I feel for him. But in a way it's a good thing for him as he has a better chance of beating Nadal in QF than he does in SF and F as Nadal will likely be at his best by that stage. He also has to be wary of Murray as he is now one of the contenders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Come on put it in perspective. Djokovic is in his prime, and Federer is in his mid 30s. To even make the final of a clay Masters is impressive for him, and I don't think he committed himself badly at all. Djokovic was just too good that day.

If getting beaten by the world no.1 at the peak of his powers in the final of a Masters is foolhardy, then everyone ranked below Federer should retire already and let Djokovic roll to his first French Open unopposed.
    It's not that he lost. Federer doesn't seeem to have his forehand these days. He either misses it or nets it. In most matches, his BH is better than his FH. That doesn't bode well for him going forward tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Finally Federer gets a somewhat easy draw this year. But it's not as easy as some people are making it out to be. He has got Monfils, Stan & Berdych in his draw, but that's still better than having Nadal in his half. Poor Djokovic, I feel for him. But in a way it's a good thing for him as he has a better chance of beating Nadal in QF than he does in SF and F as Nadal will likely be at his best by that stage. He also has to be wary of Murray as he is now one of the contenders.

I agree. Djokovic's best chance of beating Rafa is in a QF as there'll be less pressure than in a final and Rafa has less of an opportunity to play himself into form, it may be a blessing in disguise for Novak but it's still a tough ask. Yes Federer's draw is comparatively kinder but as you've pointed out on their day anyone of Stan, Monfils and Berdych can take Federer out and considering what happened last year against Gulbis, Federer may not be a lock for the final but I doubt he'll trade places with Novak or Rafa anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    should be interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Murray out in R3 or quarters. Still not buying the hype.

Gonna have a punt on a Rafa-Kei final. Should be good!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting draw - they're trying to guarantee a Djokovic-Nadal match to see if Novak can finally get it done. And Murray's dangerous this year, arguably more so than any other year. Federer's half is not straightforward, but he'll like his chances of reaching the final. Nishikori could do something too.

ReputationRep:
    Security at RG does need to improve tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Edmund on his first Grand Slam win, remember seeing him in juniors - loos like hes going too break the top 100 too.

ReputationRep:
    Good day for the Brits overall. Most likely scenario is that Andy is the only one who enters the 2nd week, but you never know

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see what Kokkinakis can do against Djokovic, it's always good to see what the young up and comers can do against the world's best.

ReputationRep:
    Rafa was good today, preying on Almagro and his weak movement like he's done in the past. Promising.

Murray again currently showing why talk of him winning the French Open is as daft as anything. Finally, my tip on Nishikori to reach final looking better after his received bye to the fourth round.

ReputationRep:
    Carlos Berlocq, snide *******. First he decides to ignore the fact that Gasquet's forehand on break point was clearly in when he was broken in the penultimate game of the fourth set, then, after taking the set he starts incessantly beckoning "finish? finish?" to the umpire. Clearly, he knows Gasquet would trounce him in the fifth if play was continued.

Also, Jake Garner is a **** umpire.

Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Some great matches coming up this weekend: Murray vs Kyrgios, Djokovic vs Kokkinakis, Wawrinka vs Simon, Federer vs Monfils, Tsonga vs Berdych!

ReputationRep:
    Azarenka vs Williams as well.

ReputationRep:
    Despite both Kokkinakis and Kyrgios losing I think it's clear that the future of the Aussie men's game is in very safe hands. Countries like the UK and US should take note

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Despite both Kokkinakis and Kyrgios losing I think it's clear that the future of the Aussie men's game is in very safe hands. Countries like the UK and US should take note
    Jack Sock seems to be the most promising young American. I don't think the US will have too much of a problem sourcing future talent as they seem to have a wealth of college level players to choose from (according to Jim Courier at least)
    I think we might have problems though after Murray retires.

ReputationRep:
    Azarenka's back, a set up to Serena.

ReputationRep:
    QF predicted line-up:

Nadal-Djokovic
    Murray-Cilic
    Berdych-Nishikori
    Stan-Monfils

ReputationRep:
    Damn Azarenka. Set and a break up and lost.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.