Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im joining you! Hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any thoughts of what the queen Mary cut off for A100 graduate will be ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruhbruhbruh)
    Anyone got any thoughts of what the queen Mary cut off for A100 graduate will be ?
    Take a look at this https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...graduate_ukcat There's a spreadsheet which tells you the range of UKCAT scores of graduates applying for A100 and A101 courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    Take a look at this https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...graduate_ukcat There's a spreadsheet which tells you the range of UKCAT scores of graduates applying for A100 and A101 courses.
    Thanks man, But as they changed the scoring system for this year i..e. 50:50 weighting on both academic ability and ukcat, I am guessing that the ukcat will be threshold may be slightly lower as they have to take into account academic ability as well

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man, But as they changed the scoring system for this year i..e. 50:50 weighting on both academic ability and ukcat, I am guessing that the ukcat will be threshold may be slightly lower as they have to take into account academic ability as well
    Yep that's a fair point. I'm going for the A100 too and applying with a 2.i. I'd guess we won't hear until December earliest though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    Yep that's a fair point. I'm going for the A100 too and applying with a 2.i. I'd guess we won't hear until December earliest though!
    Ah thats cool man ! Im a bit worried, been predicted a first but ukcat is 670.. so may be a bit borderline ish . how did you do in UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats cool man ! Im a bit worried, been predicted a first but ukcat is 670.. so may be a bit borderline ish . how did you do in UKCAT?
    I think you being predicted a 1st will definitely help you out a fair bit! UKCAT went well - scored 825 and Band 1 (will be interesting to see if they actually take SJT into consideration).

ReputationRep:
    825! Not going to lie i hate you a little but right now...

(Original post by ah639)
    I think you being predicted a 1st will definitely help you out a fair bit! UKCAT went well - scored 825 and Band 1 (will be interesting to see if they actually take SJT into consideration).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    825! Not going to lie i hate you a little but right now...
    Had a lucky day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    How much are you charging for tutoring next year lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikingkermit)
    How much are you charging for tutoring next year lol?
    Nothing! I have to thank the Kaplan and Medic Portal books and Medify!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    Nothing! I have to thank the Kaplan and Medic Portal books and Medify!
    I used Kaplan although I found it didn't explain the answers to the QR very well. Not heard of the other two! I'll look them up if I'm not successful this year.

ReputationRep:
    I used Kaplan although I found it didn't explain the answers to the QR very well. Not heard of the other two! I'll look them up if I'm not successful this year.
    Medify is very good if you can ignore the typos, I didnt use anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ah639)
    same! what did you guys get for UKCAT ? I got 2i too. - sorry just read back and saw your ukcat posts!!

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when GAMSAT unis will start sending out interview offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Just got a Cambridge interview! 24th!

for A101, grad course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)

for A101, grad course
    Can I ask what grades and experience you have please?
    also congratz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)

for A101, grad course
    Congratulations!!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

Our ears are burning! We hope you are successful this year - good luck! Feel free to send us a message on TSR. Or you can check out our website if you want any interview help for this year/UKCAT advise for next year.

We've got lots of free worked interview questions & answers here, and lots of free blogs about the interview process written by current Medicine students here!

Good luck with everything,

TMP

ReputationRep:
    Gah. Heard nothing yet from Cambridge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.