Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulLawyerHG)
    So, I got 3A* and a C but unfortunately I needed an A in what I got a C in so I have been rejected but am off to Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did Warwick accept the C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Yay congrats! Now a second-year MMLer, I hope you'll enjoy your first year as much as I did... eeeee I'm not a fresher anymore! D:
    k?y m,,?y' ''u

Thank you!!. How is it? Worried I'm going to find the Portuguese hard as I've only been learning it for 2 years

ReputationRep:
    I'm in! I'm so happy and can't really believe this is real!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parahmore)
    k?y m,,?y' ''u

Thank you!!. How is it? Worried I'm going to find the Portuguese hard as I've only been learning it for 2 years
    I do French and ab initio Spanish. Are you doing Portuguese ab initio or post A-Level? And what sort of things would you like to know? I can advise on all things French for sure!

If you have lots of questions feel free to drop me a PM also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ContraryRhyme20)
    I'm an offer holder but I've missed my offer, only got 4 A's, I've sent off all my forms and scores to Magdalene but they still haven't got back to me. Is anyone in the same boat or have any advice, massively freaking out and would much rather be rejected than have to wait through this.
    I'm in the same boat! Missed out on that A* by a few marks and am waiting for Selwyn to get back to me. Quite happy with my insurance but still hopeful, just wish I could know so I can celebrate either way!!! Anyone else experienced this?!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by godmadecaffeine)
    Sorry guys, does anyone have any information or sources for switching courses once you've met your cambridge offer. Would hugely appreciate it !
    From what to what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charliemay96)
    I'm in the same boat! Missed out on that A* by a few marks and am waiting for Selwyn to get back to me. Quite happy with my insurance but still hopeful, just wish I could know so I can celebrate either way!!! Anyone else experienced this?!
    Ahhh finally I think you're the only other person I've seen on here that's just narrowly missed it. Let's hope that's a good sign for our chances of getting in 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh finally I think you're the only other person I've seen on here that's just narrowly missed it. Let's hope that's a good sign for our chances of getting in 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely!! Keep me updated on your application!! Such a stressful time, just want to start planning :P What is it you want to study there?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely!! Keep me updated on your application!! Such a stressful time, just want to start planning :P What is it you want to study there?
    I will do 😊 you too, let's hope they give us a second chance aha 😁 me too, I don't really mind about the decision just need to make sure I can secure accommodation for York. I want to study HSPS, what are you hopefully studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will do 😊 you too, let's hope they give us a second chance aha 😁 me too, I don't really mind about the decision just need to make sure I can secure accommodation for York. I want to study HSPS, what are you hopefully studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Law, hopefully! I'll be off to Cardiff if Cambridge don't want me-- Want to make sure my accommodation isn't on the edge of nowhere lol!

ReputationRep:
    Law, hopefully! I'll be off to Cardiff if Cambridge don't want me-- Want to make sure my accommodation isn't on the edge of nowhere lol!
    Either way you're sorted for life 👌 exactly how I feel, as an insurance choice I'm already disadvantaged let alone having to wait for Cambridge to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to those who made their offers!

As a (rapidly ageing) Cam grad I still flick through these forums occasionally even though I don't have the time to post properly anymore. That should be some indication of how much the uni shaped me and how much I value my time there.

Ie you guys are in for a fantastic 3/4/more years.

ReputationRep:
    Btw does anybody know when we will receive access to Raven system if at all before we arrive for Michaelmas term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClickItBack)
    Congrats to those who made their offers!

As a (rapidly ageing) Cam grad I still flick through these forums occasionally even though I don't have the time to post properly anymore. That should be some indication of how much the uni shaped me and how much I value my time there.

Ie you guys are in for a fantastic 3/4/more years.
    I really hope so.

I feel so lost now, I don't know what I'm doing...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Current Cambridge student here, just checking in to say a massive CONGRATULATIONS to you all

(Original post by mdemda)
    Btw does anybody know when we will receive access to Raven system if at all before we arrive for Michaelmas term?
    I didn't until I'd actually moved in, but that was a couple of years ago. They may have changed that since... but I doubt it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdemda)
    I was contacted about setting it prior to arriving, but for some it wasn't until they got there. You'll get sent something between now and October, likely in September if I remember right, for setting it up, don't panic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    He got in! Christ's just called him and confirmed.
    :party::party::party:

He's delighted!

Thanks Lucilou101 physicsmaths tomfailinghelp EHZ17 BBeyond Elcor Duskstar Rhetorical Hips bored565 TVIO Mini-Me and everyone else for the support this morning...

You guys rock.

And congratulations and commisserations to everyone else.
    Thrilled for you and him. Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post58458007

Thread for anyone else in the summer pool

(Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    I am, so nervous for tomorrow Congrats to everyone who's gotten in!Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes!! Good luck. Do we def hear back tomorrow? I thought they decided tomorrow but could let us know a bit later!

(Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Good luck! I hope they fish you, after all you only missed your offer by one grade. Are you a science or humanities degree person again?
    Thankyou, I hope so too I'm physical natural sciences over here!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Colmans)
    Thrilled for you and him. Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Colmans. You have been a font of useful knowledge throughout all this. Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post58458007

Thread for anyone else in the summer pool

Ah yes!! Good luck. Do we def hear back tomorrow? I thought they decided tomorrow but could let us know a bit later!

Thankyou, I hope so too I'm physical natural sciences over here!
    I can only speak for Magdalene College but my email confirms that the whole decision process and correspondence from the admissions office, regarding their decision, should be complete before 6pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.