Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinder_xx)
    Hi everyone, stupid question but can you skip the whole decision making section so the test would finish earlier
    Can't do I'm afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Yeah I was thinking the same. Can you do each QR question in 36 seconds? It seems impossible to me.
    Some of them yeah, but a lot of them are unrealistically difficult. I did the UKCAT last year and the only thing I remember from that exam was that the QR was significantly easier than any questions I did whilst prepping for the exam so I wouldn't stress too much IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1234567)
    Thank you So the level of difficulty on medify is roughly the same in the real thing?
    I haven't done my ukcat yet but apparently so aha. The layout is pretty
    Much the same though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for the quant and verbal sections?
    My test is a little under 3 weeks away and I just seem to be scoring significantly lower (in the low 600s) in these sections compared to abstract and SJT.

ReputationRep:
    I will be posting my results here in about 3 weeks time. Right now my uni options are Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, St. Andrews and Dundee. I will have to give up one but that depends on whether my score is high, low or average. I know that Aberdeen doesn't have a cut-off so if thing don't go extremely well (which is unlikely anyway) I'll probably apply there instead of St Andrews. If I have the luxury of choice my first choice would be Glasgow and 2nd would be Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle88222)
    My test is a little under 3 weeks away and I just seem to be scoring significantly lower (in the low 600s) in these sections compared to abstract and SJT.

I can't really say much about quantative reasoning but if I had to it would be to not panic like me. :/ Good luck! My test is in 3 weeks and I'm feeling the pressure and I need to write my personal statement. AHHH lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a good personal statement writing website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle88222)
    For QR; when you see a question with a lot of information or data, guess, flag for review and come back to it later. There are loads of other questions which are much shorter/simpler where you should be aiming to pick up marks in. For VR, whenever you see a question without a key word then guess it, flag for review and come back for it later. Questions with a key word in them take up much less time and they're easier to answer as you can scan for the word in the passage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a209150)
    Does anyone have a good personal statement writing website?
    A teacher recommended this one to me - hope it helps !

https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...nal-statement/

ReputationRep:
    A question for those who used Medify and have done their test - how similar were the AR questions in the test compared to the Medify bank?? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    I can't really say much about quantative reasoning but if I had to it would be to not panic like me. :/ Good luck! My test is in 3 weeks and I'm feeling the pressure and I need to write my personal statement. AHHH lol
    Thanks! Good luck to you to! Aiisshh I'm just glad I had my personal statement is done. UKCAT is slowly killing my soul :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    For QR; when you see a question with a lot of information or data, guess, flag for review and come back to it later. There are loads of other questions which are much shorter/simpler where you should be aiming to pick up marks in. For VR, whenever you see a question without a key word then guess it, flag for review and come back for it later. Questions with a key word in them take up much less time and they're easier to answer as you can scan for the word in the passage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I'll definitely be trying that

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how realistic the Medify Mock 1 is to the actual test?
    I scored unusually high in it (for me anyway):
    VR: 770
    QR: 730
    AR: 700
    Band 2
    I have never got anything over 690 average and never, ever have i scored that high in VR before sooo...
    Is it easier compared to the other mocks?
    In Mock 2, i got 660 avg and in Mock 3, i got 600 (i did these before 1 because only 1 had the decision making section)

PS. My exam is in 2 days
    PSS. AR only had 50 questions... What's up with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwifruit99)
    Band 2
    I have never got anything over 690 average and never, ever have i scored that high in VR before sooo...
    In Mock 2, i got 660 avg and in Mock 3, i got 600 (i did these before 1 because only 1 had the decision making section)

PS. My exam is in 2 days
    I think it's hard to tell because the Medify mocks probably aren't standardised in the same way the UKCAT exams are, the mocks vary in difficulty, hence why your averages vary a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    After the exam season ends, so somewhere around mid October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool thanks! 😄

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know some resources for me to practice % change? Just need loads of questions.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it actually is because you expected to read the passage and answer 4 question under 2 min. Never managed to get higher than 60% . But then again whole UKCAT exam is annoying and hard looooooool.

ReputationRep:
    Is the difficulty of the medify QR realistic? it seems very hard for some timed practise questions whilst others are fairly easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwifruit99)
    Band 2

PS. My exam is in 2 days
    ME TOO!! oh my god, I got 830 AR, 750 VR and 730 QR in mock 1 but my average in 2 was 690 and in 3, 673... I think they are just harder! I havnt done my test yet though, but apparently the real thing is easier for AR and QR and a little harder with VR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Is the difficulty of the medify QR realistic? it seems very hard for some timed practise questions whilst others are fairly easily.
    I think they pick them randomly from a mixture of easier and harder questions so you probably just end up with harder ones sometimes instead of a mix. Don't worry I found that too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.