Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jirapat121)
    I think I got 11.something but not sure
    Same I have a strange feeling I got 11. something as well. What were you supposed to do. I did kw divided by the concentration of NaOH and then -logh+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swetu1)
    i said I2 is non polar so it won attract the water molecule due to no dipoles .. don't know if its right tbh
    It gave you the answer in the question I thought, equilibrium lied to the left so it mainly exists in the solid form, 1 mark simple

ReputationRep:
    what was ka for the buffer question?

ReputationRep:
    I am actually disappointed at how the paper wasn't even close to the difficulty that I thought it would be...

ReputationRep:
    The first time I've had a smile on my face while doing an exam this year, very happy with F325!

ReputationRep:
    Went well but I appreciate that it was a mores demanding paper? hopefully got about 90 marks anyway.

For the three step predict reaction, I didn't see that they gave you the rate equation for step 1! I devised three steps that all balanced out to give the overall equation but don't think it was right. Will I lose all of the 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get x = 4 ?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the question where there was equilibrium 1 and 2 and they added 2 different solutions and you had to say what you would observe or something? I had a feeling that I could have worked it out if I had more time but I just got really stuck on it and only wrote a line or two and finished off the other questions I had left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fghj1)
    It gave you the answer in the question I thought, equilibrium lied to the left so it mainly exists in the solid form, 1 mark simple
    Highly doubt OCR would give u marks for saying something that's in the question. Usually in the mark scheme they say ignore stuff like that cos it was in the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohhhhhh)
    Highly doubt OCR would give u marks for saying something that's in the question. Usually in the mark scheme they say ignore stuff like that cos it was in the question.
    But you still have to apply that knowledge and it is there to catch people out (which it has done)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohhhhhh)
    Same I have a strange feeling I got 11. something as well. What were you supposed to do. I did kw divided by the concentration of NaOH and then -logh+
    Well first I calculated the mole and then times it by 10 to get 250cm^3 then divide the mol by the volume to get the concentration then use kw. I don't exactly remember how I did it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    Did anyone get x = 4 ?
    I did

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get x = 4 ?
    X is 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get x = 4 ?
    yep everybody got that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    What did people get for the question where there was equilibrium 1 and 2 and they added 2 different solutions and you had to say what you would observe or something? I had a feeling that I could have worked it out if I had more time but I just got really stuck on it and only wrote a line or two and finished off the other questions I had left

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hated that question soo much... I wrote the equation for the reaction of agno3 and I- and so it gives you agi.. so the con on I- decrease so eq 2 shifts to left and this means more i2 so eq for 1 shifts to left to.. I think I got that wrong.. a total guess

ReputationRep:
    for the equilibrium question. For equilibrium 2 it reacts withit to form AgI a yellow ppt.

ReputationRep:
    what was the indicator and colour change - i put kmno4- and purple to colourless as a guess
    and was the shape linear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safhassan)
    for the equilibrium question. For equilibrium 2 it reacts withit to form AgI a yellow ppt.
    Can't it also react with I3- to form AgI3 though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

anyone get 2.9 *10^-2 for k?

ReputationRep:
    Indicator was starch solution, colour change from brown to blue/black

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.