• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    You're simultaneously lazing about on benefits AND stealing our jobs.
    Basically yeh!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I just looked up how bad the FT is when representing objective data about the referendum. If we put aside their poll of polls being a week old (presumably too many pro leave results recently)_ it isn't even accurate for the date it gives, they show IIRC 47% remain and 43% leave on a 5 poll backlog, but if you look at the previous polls Leave had an average lead of 0.6%

ReputationRep:
    Interesting interview with Yanis Varoufakis with regards to the EU: https://www.facebook.com/theguardian...4112914426323/

I have so much time for this guy, always speaks a lot of sense and I nearly always agree with him. Here he pretty much says the reasons why I'm swayed towards voting in, and also speaks about how the clear move away from the center-right consensus (both leftwards and rightwards) across Europe and indeed the western world in general (ahem, Sanders and Trump) will likely lead to the EU disintegrating anyway, which is why I have been saying that the referendum is almost pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Noot noot!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the SATs mark scheme for the Literacy tests were leaked last night! As if anyone could teach a child the whole exam in one night...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    Interesting interview with Yanis Varoufakis with regards to the EU: https://www.facebook.com/theguardian...4112914426323/

I have so much time for this guy, always speaks a lot of sense and I nearly always agree with him. Here he pretty much says the reasons why I'm swayed towards voting in, and also speaks about how the clear move away from the center-right consensus (both leftwards and rightwards) across Europe and indeed the western world in general (ahem, Sanders and Trump) will likely lead to the EU disintegrating anyway, which is why I have been saying that the referendum is almost pointless.
    Would you rather be in a building when it starts collapses or have left 5 minutes ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Would you rather be in a building when it starts collapses or have left 5 minutes ago?
    Your analogy isn't relevant to this debate: if a building collapsed it could cause imminent death for those inside it. Should the EU disintegrate, it's highly improbable that we will all die directly from its collapse.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Your analogy isn't relevant to this debate: if a building collapsed it could cause imminent death for those inside it. Should the EU disintegrate, it's highly improbable that we will all die directly from its collapse.
    burning building then, and a collapse is not guaranteed death for all inside, it's not only in dramas where people survive

ReputationRep:
    burning building then, and a collapse is not guaranteed death for all inside, it's not only in dramas where people survive
    I know, I do watch the news.

I did say it was highly improbable, not impossible...

ReputationRep:
    Hi MHOC! It's been a long time and it is wonderful to see the place active and with that I wish you all a good time. Auf wiedersehen!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PandaSal)
    Hi MHOC! It's been a long time and it is wonderful to see the place active and with that I wish you all a good time. Auf wiedersehen!
    United ? Is that you ?

ReputationRep:
    Who are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    United ? Is that you ?
    Sorry no and I believe I'm before your time.
    Who are you?
    I was here during your time. I'm loved and Adorno would know me.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of an irrelevant analogy. I'm slightly more likely to die if I wait around for a building to collapse. It's a bit of a contrived tangent to say we'll be better off by leaving the EU now than when it collapses, especially when any economic argument for leaving admits that we'll be worse off in the short term (with the argument being that things will be better long term).

ReputationRep:
    Sorry no and I believe I'm before your time.

I was here during your time. I'm loved and Adorno would know me.
    You were here during my time? I've only been here since February!

ReputationRep:
    Oh your username looked familiar, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    I hope your timekeeping is better than Manchester United's. They should have points docked.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I hope your timekeeping is better than Manchester United's. They should have points docked.
    Didn't their coach get smashed up?

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn you were here at Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Didn't their coach get smashed up?
    Damaged by inexcusable behaviour.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.