Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

(Original post by jneill)
    Nearly too cryptic for me...
    Just about got in! Thanks to you and everyone else for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    Decisions to place candidates in the Summer Pool need to be made by 16:00 today. If you want to be released you can phone up your college and ask - this is most important for candidates who have missed their insurance and need to enter clearing. If you're insurance is confirmed then I'd advise you to wait a little longer.
    Thanks for the update. And how long do Summer Pool decisions take?

And do you still keep considering people if you release them to Clearing (I presume not, but asking the questions anyway... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Gratsy grats enaaaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab66)
    Any idea how long this takes? Long story short happy with my insurance but need to ring up and ask them to defer my place if Cambridge reject me.
    Decisions on pooling need to be made by 16:00 today. If you are pooled decisions will be updated when we get them with the aim of having as many done by close of business tomorrow and all finalised by end of Monday.

If you can't wait and want to be released just phone up your college and ask. This is most important for those who have missed their insurance offer and need to enter clearing - if you've made your insurance offer then your place there is guaranteed and I'd advise that you can afford to wait a little for a decision from Cambridge.

I'll be hanging out on my thread if anyone has any results day questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    But I did IB and those results came out a while ago (they emailed me saying they got them). As far as I know they don't ask for ib percentage breakdowns normally. Should I just wait?
    Ring your college, most likely thing is is that you have been summerpooled.
    Wish you all the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    But I did IB and those results came out a while ago (they emailed me saying they got them). As far as I know they don't ask for ib percentage breakdowns normally. Should I just wait?
    Yep - just wait - see Peterhouse's reply.

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the update. And how long do Summer Pool decisions take?

And do you still keep considering people if you release them to Clearing (I presume not, but asking the questions anyway... )
    If UCAS track says rejected from Cambridge and released to insurance/clearing then I'm afraid that's it unless you meet your offer following a remark/review before 1st September.

(Original post by Duke Glacia)
    Gratsy grats enaaaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You too Duke :')

Biryani deal still on?

ReputationRep:
    physicsmaths, Serine Sоul, Zacken, Duke Glacia, C0balt wonderful news! I wish you guys the best in Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Decisions on pooling need to be made by 16:00 today. If you are pooled decisions will be updated when we get them with the aim of having as many done by close of business tomorrow and all finalised by end of Monday.

If you can't wait and want to be released just phone up your college and ask. This is most important for those who have missed their insurance offer and need to enter clearing - if you've made your insurance offer then your place there is guaranteed and I'd advise that you can afford to wait a little for a decision from Cambridge.

I'll be hanging out on my thread if anyone has any results day questions.
    If decisions are made by 16:00, why can't everyone be informed today (or tomorrow morning latest)? (I appreciate this is somewhat of a manual process, but it is agonising for students who are desperate for some closure.)

ReputationRep:
    If UCAS track says rejected from Cambridge and released to insurance/clearing then I'm afraid that's it unless you meet your offer following a remark/review before 1st September.
    No I mean those who are still under consideration. They are in a bit of limbo waiting for Cambridge, but they also can't go into Clearing...

ReputationRep:
    PM me your colours
    Haha thanks!!! I take it you you got wat u needed then congrats!

ReputationRep:
    PM me your colours
    Congratulations! This awaits you; mind out for the building work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Ring your college, most likely thing is is that you have been summerpooled.
    Wish you all the best
    Yep - just wait - see Peterhouse's reply.
    Thing is, my second choice is in the US (berkeley) and i'd have to leave tomorrowish (but I could find a way around it if I really had to), so finding out asap would be extremely useful. On the other hand, I'm worried I might be more likely to be rejected if I try to find out early. Are you sure I should call? I would rather wait then reduce my chances of getting into cambridge. And what dyu think of calling vs email? If I call would they just inform me I'd been pooled or rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Thing is, my second choice is in the US (berkeley) and i'd have to leave tomorrowish (but I could find a way around it if I really had to), so finding out asap would be extremely useful. On the other hand, I'm worried I might be more likely to be rejected if I try to find out early. Are you sure I should call? I would rather wait then reduce my chances of getting into cambridge. And what dyu think of calling vs email? If I call would they just inform me I'd been pooled or rejected?
    I'd still call, just so you can check the status of your application and when they will get back to you. Do you have your grades now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    If decisions are made by 16:00, why can't everyone be informed today (or tomorrow morning latest)? (I appreciate this is somewhat of a manual process, but it is agonising for students who are desperate for some closure.)
    Decisions on whether to pool or not are done by 16:00. Decisions on who to take from the Pool are made tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    I'd still call, just so you can check the status of your application and when they will get back to you. Do you have your grades now?
    Yeah my IB grades came out a few weeks ago and STEP results a few hours ago. Also, why not email? I'm really worried about seeming pushy forcing them to rush a decision leading to a rejection :/

(Original post by Ayman!)
    physicsmaths, Serine Sоul, Zacken, Duke Glacia, C0balt wonderful news! I wish you guys the best in Cambridge.
    Thank you
    (Original post by Gregorius)
    Congratulations! This awaits you; mind out for the building work!

Thank you :awesome:

I can't see the pic

ReputationRep:
    No I mean those who are still under consideration. They are in a bit of limbo waiting for Cambridge, but they also can't go into Clearing...
    If you're under consideration by Cambridge this means you haven't been rejected at UCAS and can't enter clearing. If you want to enter clearing you need to phone your College and ask to be released. This will put you out of any further contention here.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.