Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    @PQ any idea if manchester will accept me with BBB while my offer was ABB? (Manchester was my insurance and im an intl student)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georginarosee)
    For psychology I think the grade boundaries will be.
    PSYA1- A 53/54, B 49 C 42 D 37 (thought it was similar to 2013/2012 papers)
    PSYA2- A 55, B 50, C 45 , D 38
    PSYA4- A* 60, A 53, B 45 C 39 D 32

For PSYA4 I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year. Last years paper was a replacement and so they put easy questions in. This year I think that research methods was good as it contains mostly AS questions but not as easy as last years. However they repeated questions which may have lead people not being prepared.

I've guessed.
    Do you have predictions for PSYA3?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else did badly in their AS exams last year and are hoping to smash their A2s this time?? I'm already losing hope over here lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    @PQ any idea if manchester will accept me with BBB while my offer was ABB? (Manchester was my insurance and im an intl student)
    There's no way to know I'm afraid.

It's very common to be accepted with a dropped grade but if there are issues with capacity (ie not enough lecture space/accommodation/staff) or they have evidence showing that people who get a B tend to fail or drop out but people with an A do well then they could decide to reject you.

Universities don't reject applicants out of spite or snobbery - it is because they either cannot fit them in or they genuinely think that those grades will be setting an applicant up to fail.

(Manchester is a great insurance though - IIRR you're guaranteed accommodation as an insurance student, only Manchester and Southampton guarantee that that I know of (there might be others but those are the two big ones))

ReputationRep:
    UCAS have our results according to the OP

Absolutely bloody terrified.

ReputationRep:
    I love how you can tell everyone's feeling anxious because every time I check back there's about 3 new pages lmao

What are everyone's Firm and Insurance choices (also top three Clearing choices)?

I wanna see if I'll end up at the same uni as some of you guys

My firm is: University of Birmingham
    Insurance: University of Exeter
    Clearing: University of Manchester, York & Southampton (or maybe King's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)

They do indeed, there is no need to be scared, the ball is rolling and it can't be stopped. You just need to be ready.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get BCC up to BBB so yeah, kinda need to nail my A2s.

I'm fairly confident of keeping the B in politics, as it was a high B and exams went OK. History I had one retake that went well and coursework was a B so I'm hopeful I may be able to get that up to a B overall. English however I didn't retake; my coursework this year was an A but I'll need an A in my exam this year to get a B overall. Don't think that'll happen, just gotta hope I can get into my firm with BBC/BCC!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)

(Original post by Aph)
    They do indeed, there is no need to be scared, the ball is rolling and it can't be stopped. You just need to be ready.
    Nope not yet - only the CIE results come through this morning. The rest come through overnight/tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Nope not yet - only the CIE results come through this morning. The rest come through overnight/tomorrow morning.
    Ah, I was just going from the OP Still very close though... so when do UCAS/Unis get our results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Really??? I was under the impression that they all came today???

ReputationRep:
    Firm: University of Birmingham
    Insurance: University of Sheffield.
    Current thoughts? Absolutely fookin terrified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Southampton
    Insurance: Hull
    Course: Politics
    Have BCC, need BBB for Soton...pls be lenient Southampton :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvoykov)
    The biology exams were hard especially the second one with loads of practical questions. I found the both hard, dont know about you! I guess the grade boundaries will be quite low depending on how all students did. Other people from my college found it hard as well. We'll see anyways!

Good luck!
    Good luck to you too!!

ReputationRep:
    results day is on my birthday

ReputationRep:
    On monday i will be getting around 30cm of my hair cut off to donate to the little princesses trust and also to get sponsored to raise money for melanoma uk which unfortunately caused my stepdad to pass away.
    For a great cause and also something to distract my attention away from results day and to focus on raising money for a good cause. If anybody would like to sponsor me this is the link which also explains more about it all. Thanks in advance. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Gemma-Broom1

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georginarosee)
    For psychology I think the grade boundaries will be.
    PSYA1- A 53/54, B 49 C 42 D 37 (thought it was similar to 2013/2012 papers)
    PSYA2- A 55, B 50, C 45 , D 38
    PSYA4- A* 60, A 53, B 45 C 39 D 32

For PSYA4 I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year. Last years paper was a replacement and so they put easy questions in. This year I think that research methods was good as it contains mostly AS questions but not as easy as last years. However they repeated questions which may have lead people not being prepared.

I've guessed.
    What about PSYA3? I feel like theyll be really low because of the whole loopa situation

ReputationRep:
    One minute I'm so excited and happy, the next I'm anxious, moody and everything looks bleak what is happening to me😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    yeah the reason why im still fretting even though I'm AS is because I'm not if my teachers will predict me grades I need if I don't do well this year if I don't then ill try to convince them to predict me what I need for uni bug what if they don't budge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you not ask your teachers to change it? At my college, if you ask to be predicted AAA, they'll do it no questions asked lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.