Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    I'm the Christ's offer that had his grade changed from 1 to S in Step II .
    However they didn't inform me about the mark I got and I want to know.
    I guess we are talking about one or a couple of points ,but still I wanna know.
    What should I do? Ask anyone?
    if you want to PM me with your full name and other A Level results then I'll let you know privately. Sorry to do it this way but it's necessary to ensure confidentiality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ's Admissions)
    if you want to PM me with your full name and other A Level results then I'll let you know privately. Sorry to do it this way but it's necessary to ensure confidentiality.
    If I PM you my STEP results and A level results with my full name can I have my grades upgraded to an S? Its only 5 or so marks not that much.
    Thanks hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just recently received my results and i'm just trying to decide between Oxford and Cambridge and i was just wondering given my set of results which i'll post below, just based on that alone which of the two i'll have a higher chance of getting into to study mathematics. Also, i would really appreciate if someone could just recommend me a few readable math books that i could use to broaden my mathematical knowledge while also providing me something interesting to write in my PS. Results: Math (A*) Further Math (A*) Physics (A*) Chemistry (A*) Overall UMS: 97.5 Step paper 1 grade 1. Singapore GCE O level: 6 A1s
    I did my A levels in the UK but I will be applying as an international student as I am singaporean
    Thank you so much for reading this! Pretty new to this forum so i'm not really sure how to do the spoiler thing to cover my results. Sorry!

(Original post by danielhx)
    [spoiler] :) [/spoiler]
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielhx)
    I just recently received my results and i'm just trying to decide between Oxford and Cambridge and i was just wondering given my set of results which i'll post below, just based on that alone which of the two i'll have a higher chance of getting into to study mathematics. Also, i would really appreciate if someone could just recommend me a few readable math books that i could use to broaden my mathematical knowledge while also providing me something interesting to write in my PS. Results: Math (A*) Further Math (A*) Physics (A*) Chemistry (A*) Overall UMS: 97.5 Step paper 1 grade 1. Singapore GCE O level: 6 A1s
    I did my A levels in the UK but I will be applying as an international student as I am singaporean
    Thank you so much for reading this! Pretty new to this forum so i'm not really sure how to do the spoiler thing to cover my results. Sorry!
    Do you like ticking boxes and completing the square? Yes, go to Oxford.
    Do you value ur maths work and want your good solid 1 in Step I to be acknowledged? Go to to cambridge

But yeah I honestly think cambridge would be more suitable/easier if you can get good step grades.
    Have you seen these reading lists?
    More A levelly type stuff:
    https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/sites/ww...eadinglist.pdf

If there are any particular undergrad. things u may want to look at some of the books at the bottom of each course section:
    https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/undergra.../schedules.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    If I PM you my STEP results and A level results with my full name can I have my grades upgraded to an S? Its only 5 or so marks not that much.
    Thanks hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure that can be managed. Cambridge naturally lets medieval historians tamper with STEP results!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey if that was the case I'd definitely have 3 S's now. Just one mark in each plz, no one will know...

ReputationRep:
    Christ's Admissions Hi, is it possible to ask how many engineers from Christ's this year have met the STEP 1 requirement, i.e. gotten grade 1 or above? If possible, may I further ask how many scored an S? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    R there any Christ's engineers here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebeast123)
    R there any Christ's engineers here?
    DUKE GLACIA.
    Hes a proper lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Hey if that was the case I'd definitely have 3 S's now. Just one mark in each plz, no one will know...
    Sorry imfirst in line.
    U already have 2 so ur at the back of the line. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ's Admissions)
    I'm sure that can be managed. Cambridge naturally lets medieval historians tamper with STEP results!
    Haha. Quick Question(i dnt know if you know the answer).
    But were the number of 1,1+this year ~160 like most other years?
    Also how many places have been given approximately? It is still 250 right? Despite the student cap lifting stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DUKE GLACIA.
    Hes a proper lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know him

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Quick Question(i dnt know if you know the answer).
    But were the number of 1,1+this year ~160 like most other years?
    Also how many places have been given approximately? It is still 250 right? Despite the student cap lifting stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We've not increased the number of places. Cambridge's been uninterested generally in the raising of the cap.

I can't tell you how many got 1,1 (It would take a while to find out and it's not that interesting for me, unlike you guys!). I can say that 26.5% of entrants for a 1 or an S in STEP II and 36.6% in STEP III if that's of interest.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry imfirst in line.
    U already have 2 so ur at the back of the line. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Surprised we do not have a STEP Prep Thread 2017 yet, could have sworn we had a 2016 one by this time last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Surprised we do not have a STEP Prep Thread 2017 yet, could have sworn we had a 2016 one by this time last year.
    We always were the more enthusiastic bunch, but thanks for reminding me. I'll have to set one up soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    We always were the more enthusiastic bunch, but thanks for reminding me. I'll have to set one up soon.
    Translation: We are the OGs, might as well ban STEP threads cuz it peaked with us

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DUKE GLACIA.
    Hes a proper lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know other christian mathematicians or Stem/step guys ?
    P.S. I think christians is a nickname for you know who. I despise it but i admit it's more convenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    Do you know other christian mathematicians or Stem/step guys ?
    P.S. I think christians is a nickname for you know who. I despise it but i admit it's more convenient.
    I am , sat for step 1, christ's engineer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.