Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Crazy to see this but you can understand it.

This is a great article which sums up their situation perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)

Feel sorry for the away fans who came from the basque for that.

Racing are in Segunda B? Weren't they in La Liga just a couple seasons ago?

I feel sorry for the players too. People forget that lower division players aren't getting 20k a week.

ReputationRep:
    Shows why sugar daddy are absolutely terrible for football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kudos to Racing Santander - highlights their plight on a wider-scale than just not turning up at all. Very powerful images with the unity on the pitch and in the dug-out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Id rather see Sanchez up front. Sanchez has been immense when played up front this season yet Martino still doesn't seem to want to persist with it.
    Would depend on the opponent and on who you want to play in midfield, probably. Sanchez up front would allow for 3 immediate goal threats, while Cesc up front allows for one extra midfielder. If Iniesta - Xavi were all fit and on form, I'd go for them, Busquets in midfield and Sanchez up front with Messi and Neymar on the wings. But they're not, really, so having Fabregas in there would help. Of course you could drop one of Xavi or Iniesta for him, but neither the Iniesta-Fab nor the Xavi-Fab combo has fully convinced me. With Cesc as a roaming midfielder/false false 9 up front you would have one extra link up player that doesn't slow the game down, but then again, Messi has never played in that formation bar the clásico, where he was working in defence more. Anyway, both options are good against tight opposition. Against teams that play more open I'd still go with Messi as false 9. Or then you could buy a real 9 who plays in front of Messi, but doubt there is anyone around who is quality and would be willing to sit on the bench most of the time.

(Original post by ra-ra-ra)

Lavín and the whole board should resign immediately. Disgrace how a great club could be completely destroyed within 2 seasons. Don't really see how they could recover from this either...

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Real will be playing in a shoe-box from 2017 onwards...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Looks like Real will be playing in a shoe-box from 2017 onwards...
    Well that is a ****ing dreadful looking stadium. Cheap ass looking stadium for a cheap ass club. :lol:

Looks like Ter Stegen will be joining in the summer for 12 million euros.

ReputationRep:
    Well that is a ****ing dreadful looking stadium. Cheap ass looking stadium for a cheap ass club. :lol:

Looks like Ter Stegen will be joining in the summer for 12 million euros.
    I think it looks absolutely amazing, :confused: nicest modern stadium design Ive seen after Chelsea's aborted Battersea idea and the Allianz.

Complete waste of cash though, stadium is already very nice and huge.

Ter Stegen is a wonderful keeper as well, better than De Gea/Szczesny and only behind Courosis as young keepers go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I think it looks absolutely amazing, :confused: nicest modern stadium design Ive seen after Chelsea's aborted Battersea idea and the Allianz.

Ter Stegen is a wonderful keeper as well, better than De Gea/Szczesny and only behind Courosis as young keepers go
    Nah I hate it. It just looks really crass. The Bernabeu is an immense stadium with history behind it. That's what I don't get about these Barcelona and Madrid stadium plans. Madrid games are usually 13k-15k short of full attendance and Barcelona about 15k as well. The economy in Spain isn't improving so why put more seats in.

Like the idea with a retractable roof. Will really help with atmosphere

Ter Stegen is great but really hope he works on his concentration.

ReputationRep:
    Ter Stegen is great but really hope he works on his concentration.

He's got great concentration.

ReputationRep:
    I think this Bernabéu model is the bst of the 4 that were proposed: http://www.stadiumguide.com/real-mad...oped-bernabeu/
    Agree about the attendance though, doesn't really make sense to make the Bernabéu or Camp Nou bigger, they are hardly ever sold out.

What's good about MAtS is that he is a big game performer. Always turns it up against Bayern and Dortmund. Nothing wrong with his concentration, really, just gets a little complacent at times. Decent concentration is not necessarily enough for Barcelona though. Took Valdes years to manage to stay focused for 90 minutes when getting zero shots on target for 89 minutes. Would be more worried about whether he can stand the pressure, but he seems arrogant enough.

I was for getting Courtois because he's better ( more developed) and has la liga experience, but I take MAtS as well. Potential-wise, he's probably not far behind Courtois, if at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)

He's got great concentration.
    Aye thats the one :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Wish we were able to expand the battersea stadium tbh. That looked amazing.

Allianz is a top stadium too. Like Reals a lot from one angle, but at another angle it looks disgusting. Like it when they have the roof.

ReputationRep:
    Alexis Sanchez again. My god this guy :love:

ReputationRep:

:adore:

ReputationRep:
    Mascherano injured. Bartra **** yeah

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the guys FIFA rating goes down and he's now beasting it, like with Valdes.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the guys FIFA rating goes down and he's now beasting it, like with Valdes.
    Valdes was always too high though I felt :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Valdes was always too high though I felt :lol:
    Yeah, but now he should be around 85, not 83 on the basis of this season.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but now he should be around 85, not 83 on the basis of this season.
    True, true. Funny how those things work though.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.