Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    To be fair, he did reveal the Cazorla and Monreal transfers. And it's not like he's the only guy talking about Cesc, other reliable Arsenal tweeters have caught on to it aswell. This is all speculation at the minute, I'll wait for the Guardian/BBC to pick up on it then it can be as a real possibility.
    Even if it is true, I wish they'd shut up about it. Not helping us by leaking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    Even if it is true, I wish they'd shut up about it. Not helping us by leaking it.
    Saves me wasting my day searching for Arsenal rumours and fantasising, to be fair. They're also pretty reliable and have rational opinions on the club.

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas to Arsenal just isn't going to happen. Don't get your hopes up. Geoffarsenal is a grade a ****er like all of these twitter 'ITKs'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal to sign Julio Cesar on a 2-year contract apparently . To be comfirmed soon .

Makes sense . Brazil no 1 Keeper ,experienced ,Played in PL ,won titles ,dosen't threaten Szczesny in long term .

Now a CB , CDM , and ST please Wenger .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonLad94)
    Arsenal to sign Julio Cesar on a 2-year contract apparently . To be comfirmed soon .

Makes sense . Brazil no 1 Keeper ,experienced ,Played in PL ,won titles ,dosen't threaten Szczesny in long term .

Now a CB , CDM , and ST please Wenger .
    Goalkeeper not a priority :facepalm: Szceszney is doing fine.

Link?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?! Monaco get Falcao too!:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22737856

ReputationRep:
    Cesar would be a great signing. Rate him highly and we need someone to push Chesney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Goalkeeper not a priority :facepalm: Szceszney is doing fine.

Link?
    A few Italian Papers , the British press should catch wind of it soon .
    Healthy competion is always good , but i agree .

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather trust what Geoff Shreeves has to say than twitter people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Seriously?! Monaco get Falcao too!:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22737856
    Tbh as it was obvious we weren't getting him so barring that this is the best possible scenario. I'm glad he's not come to the Prem or a major Champions league club.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comme...ove_to_monaco/

Good article about 3rd party ownership and why he's going Monaco

ReputationRep:
    Oh robin van persie. Cheers arsenal for selling us such a great player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrShazzyMan)
    Oh robin van persie. Cheers arsenal for selling us such a great player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem. We'll give you Squillaci, Chamakh and Santos too. Hopefully they'll help you avoid relegation next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Tbh as it was obvious we weren't getting him so barring that this is the best possible scenario. I'm glad he's not come to the Prem or a major Champions league club.
    Yeah I never thought that we were going to get and am glad that no other pl club is either but i cant believe that these players really would go to monaco for $$$

I mean look at this!:

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE 12/13

Oxford Utd - 5,954
    Luton Town - 5,825
    Shrewsbury Town - 5,735
    Port Vale - 5,727
    Notts County - 5,521
    Monaco - 5,303

(from bbc sporf twitter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Yeah I never thought that we were going to get and am glad that no other pl club is either but i cant believe that these players really would go to monaco for $$$

I mean look at this!:

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE 12/13

Oxford Utd - 5,954
    Luton Town - 5,825
    Shrewsbury Town - 5,735
    Port Vale - 5,727
    Notts County - 5,521
    Monaco - 5,303

(from bbc sporf twitter)
    Money+Low taxes+Monte Carlo? Why not!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Money+Low taxes+Monte Carlo? Why not!?
    His footballing career.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    I really can't take you seriously. He is a good passer of the ball, has a decent range , and makes some decent passes even when under pressure. Not every pass has to be a hollywood killer final ball, you do know that right? i'm by no means comparing them, but xavi doesn't play many killer passes, he dictates the tempo and maintains possession, iniesta makes more killer passes. Does that now mean Xavi isn't that good a passer? NO

The more you understand football from the tactical side, I think the more you'll realise how silly a lot of the stuff you say/ have said is very silly. If the deepest midfielders i.e Arteta and Ramsey are constantly looking to play killer balls and not dictate the tempo/ maintain possession, how are we going to build up attacks? They'll just be making low percentage passes.
    Meet me tomorrow on Highbury fields, bring a ball. I can pass to you and you can return to me, we could carry on for hours. This basic **** surely shows that not good passing is about seeing things others can not and then making the ball travel in that direction. Ramsey is a clumsy player who will scrap for the ball and then hopefully offlad to someone who will do something intelligent with the ball.

This is is not analysis of Rmsey. This is hours of Ramsey's struggle to achieve basic maneuvers, before seeing him actually find a roll and praising him to the hills for it. People like you will be the death of Ramsey with your bull**** aspirations. People like me will make Ramsey by praising him when he is genuinely effective and a match winner.

Also the comparison of Ramsey to Parlour is both lazy and pathetic. Parlour was a utility man you felt comfortable with and could hold his own with Henry, Pires and Bergkamp. I doubt Ramsey could hold a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Meet me tomorrow on Highbury fields, bring a ball. I can pass to you and you can return to me, we could carry on for hours. This is not good passing is about seeing things others can not and then making the ball travel in that direction. Ramsey is a clumsy player who will scrap for the ball and then hopefully oflad to someone who will do something intelligent with the ball.

This is is not hate of Rmsey. This is hours of Ramsey struggle to achieve basic maneuvers, before seeing him actually find a roll and praising him to the hills for it. People like you will be the death of Ramsey with your bull**** aspirations. People like me will make Ramsey by praising him when he is genuinely effective and a match winner.
    He's not the one with the responsibility to find that amazing pass. He builds up play and then someone else does that. There's a reason he's not in the most advanced midfield position. If he played there then your argument would count but he doesnt so your argument doesnt make any sense

ReputationRep:
    Falcao had no say in his transfer due to third-party ownership. It's a shame his talent is going to be wasted.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.