Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasawdry)
    It's at Greenwich for Secondary Maths. I guess they make it so general to see how you think. I want to pick something that is original and interesting but not so obscure it looks like I'm trying too hard. Also not allowed to use any form of projector so at the moment I just have visions of me standing up there and jabbering on at everyone...
    Yeah we were told the same that no powerpoints etc were being used but they have changed that now so its better I guess. Shame it is only 5 minutes to talk passionately about a topic that holds others interest and also shows your personality lol Good Luck with your topic and interview I'm sitting jotting down notes on possible topics
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by darren2811)
    I don't suppose this is for Starthclyde Uni? I have one next Tuesday and I can not for the life of me think of a topic. I have been told its best to avoid the subject you want to teach, I have also been told to avoid anything that sounds like you might be trying to give a lesson on it. Also everyone keeps saying me to avoid anything controversial (I had thought of doing it on a documentary that related to equal marriage) I really am stumped
    I would say it was better to go with something controversial than something dull. The point of these things is always to assess confidence, enthusiasm and how engaging you are when delivering a talk. So make sure it's something you know about, care about/are interested in, and isn't too dull.

(Original post by sandyN91)
    Just found out I have an interview for IOE secondary English. So happy!!!!! Theres no presentation but a discussion and a short written task? Is the written task hard? Also what you think they looking for. So nervous! What you think I should do to prep!
    Written tasks are designed to assess whether you can handle masters level work normally. So they are looking for writing ability. As an English applicant, you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alicep87)
    Hopefully I'll hear in the next few days just a bit stressful to know there's interviews going on when I've only just been able to send mine!! I've applied to Nottingham and a couple of school directs in nottingham/derby. Thought I'd have a good chance as I've already passed the skills tests and currently employed at a school as a cover supervisor / ta!! Hopefully there'll be another interview day. Good luck Monday !!! If you haven't been to nottingham before it's a brilliant city but I'm biased as it's my home town
    I haven't even passed my skills tests and you probably have more school experience than I currently have! I'm sure you will get an interview

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for one of my referees to write his reference and send it.
    Not fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darren2811)
    Hey I applied to both Glasgow and Strathclyde for Biology. Glasgow sent the acknowledgement when requesting my transcript etc then emailed me about a week later to offer me an interview. Strathclyde never sent an acknowledgement email for my application. They just emailed me about 2 weeks after I submitted my application to offer me an interview. I applied on the 21st of November. Hope this helps
    Thanks mate, greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview tomorrow for Secondary Design and Tech and my brain is over loaded with information. I don't know how much more I can cram. I have to do a 30 min written essay, I just wish I knew what they will ask. I have been told that Sunderland Uni interviews arnt that full on and are quite laid back so hoping I can relax and the info will flow. I think what I have to remember is I'm not a qualified teacher, I will be paying them £8,500 to train me to become a teacher, so they will not expect me to know everything in detail. But still so nervous lol

ReputationRep:
    Ensure you're question on educational issues is kick arse. I had stats etc in mind but got rejected for that reason (not frim

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Chichester tomorrow? Secondary English for me, pretty nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen2k)
    Ensure you're question on educational issues is kick arse. I had stats etc in mind but got rejected for that reason (not frim
    Are you recommending me not to use statistics? Because I haven't done any stats, I've concentrated on issues like behaviour, SEN. Wat do u advise?

ReputationRep:
    I've also looked at the current issue around PESA that's being discussed a lot, also the NC change in 2014. I think my minds going to explore with the amount of information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaB)
    Leeds Uni underwrite the PGCE part of Skipton Girls High School (School Direct, Northern Lights Alliance).
    Ah okay, yeah I forgot about schools direct for a minute Silly me. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    I'm still waiting for Greenwich too!! It's so annoying when did you apply?
    The 25th, I've had a letter saying they'd received my application but nothing else . When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    The 25th, I've had a letter saying they'd received my application but nothing else . When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied on the 28th...I don't know what the story is, I haven't even gotten a letter saying they have received my application did that letter come in the post?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused: with regards to current educational issues/debates, how does this come up in the interview? Do they just say 'Can you tell us about any recent educational debates that caught your eye?' or something or will they just mention a specific thing and ask you to comment???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea199)
    Congrats and good luck for tomorrow! Whens your St Mary's one ?
    St Mary's is on Tuesday (17th). Went pretty good today at Winchester, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Is PISA pronounced as PISA or as the individual letters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_222)
    I know a lot of people have interviews for Strathclyde next week (primary). I haven't heard a peep though. Do you think this means I haven't got an interview?
    I would message them , as i received an email from them saying REMINDER, they said they sent me an interview a week ago but i never got it. but y interview is tuesday goodluck xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etiquette)
    Edinburgh interview next Tuesday! Absolutely delighted and panicking :eek:
    Is it Tuesday the 17th? I still havent hear from them, think thats a bad sign

ReputationRep:
    Have many people heard from Edinburgh primary yet? I have 2 interviews or strathclyde and glasgow next week, glasgow seems intense. im soooo nervous. I think strathclyde is just an indiviusal interview,??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    I applied on the 28th...I don't know what the story is, I haven't even gotten a letter saying they have received my application did that letter come in the post?
    Yeh it came through the post last week, maybe give them a call today? Just say you were making sure they received your application. It's weird you haven't got a letter? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.