Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I didn't revise at all for GCSE Spanish, still got an A*. In your case, an extra GCSE language could be a good qualification. IMO, when we're older, if you want to go into business, Mandarin is a must have. A lot of people speak English anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have any IT qualifications. Do you think I should do one over the next year as IT is becoming more important?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Could you quote this post with some pictures of what you think would look alright please?
    Well i'm not the most experienced in boy haircuts maybe ask a boy aswell ,but I will try and look give me a few moments . But my top advice is go to a decent hairdressers and trust what they think looks best, they are normally right !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I don't have any IT qualifications. Do you think I should do one over the next year as IT is becoming more important?
    Hmm, I don't have any either, but I'm really good with computers since I spend a lot of time on them. I know A LOT of schools have compulsory ICT in them. I don't think GCSE ICT is that relevant to using a computer, as far as I'm aware. If you could do some course that teaches you Python or JavaScript coding, something like that, I think it'll show you're more than proficient on a computer.

I've been told computer science will be really important when we're older so I definitely think you should do one, if you have time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    Well i'm not the most experienced in boy haircuts maybe ask a boy aswell ,but I will try and look give me a few moments . But my top advice is go to a decent hairdressers and trust what they think looks best, they are normally right !
    Haha well I'm out with my posse tomorrow, so I'll ask them a few questions on what they think will look okay.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Hmm, I don't have any either, but I'm really good with computers since I spend a lot of time on them. I know A LOT of schools have compulsory ICT in them. I don't think GCSE ICT is that relevant to using a computer, as far as I'm aware. If you could do some course that teaches you Python or JavaScript coding, something like that, I think it'll show you're more than proficient on a computer.

I've been told computer science will be really important when we're older so I definitely think you should do one, if you have time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel have a new Computer Science GCSE but the first exams are in 2015 sadly. I'll look into some IT qualifications then.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE ICT? using computers? HAH the most i did was microsoft office, adobe flash wasn't too bad. I reccomend codeacademy for basic coding knowledge

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Here I am, sitting in my pjs doing nothing of note.

[PIC]

Look like an utter goon.
    you remind me of rizzle kicks :P also is that a razer kraken headset?

Yeah, it sucks when you're one of the only people in your class that genuinely wants to do the work. Haha damn I wish I had attractive teachers! I know what you mean though about the whole experience thing.

Haha, see that's a good thing! If you can bump up your grades like that then you shouldn't have any problems with your results. A level I'm doing Maths, German, Psychology and Sociology. Don't have a clue what I want to do at Uni.. I have Criminology in my mind.. but that would only be if I had to make a choice right now. I'll look into courses a little more after I'm settled into college. What about you?

Haha thanks. Well my name is actually Luke, but I prefer Lucas, just seems cooler. That's the only reason I did post a picture, I searched TSR for my school, college and local villages, and the only thing that's been mentioned is my college - albeit 6 years ago - so I reckon I'm safe.

Accutane is a drug that 'cures' moderately severe acne. Been on it for 8 weeks and it's made a craaaaaaazy difference. I need to go on another course because it's still pretty bad, but I'm honestly happy with how I look at the moment. Sounds lame but I'm not scared to leave the house and talk to strangers any more.

Nah man you seem like a cool guy haha. I like your hair.
    Except in the history exam i got a C :/ i retook and i need an A* to get an A overall : hmm :

cool, im doing maths, physics, economics and computing, i may do computer science in uni and go on to do some tech related career, i did want to be an IT attorney/lawyer but not sure its for me. I'm meant to move to America and go to uni after A levels, that's in 2 years... oh god i'm not ready nononono xD

am i safe? probably, my identity will be revealed in time... : sunglasses on :

Ah nice, it's good that you've found something that works so well! I had no contact with others for 4 years (homeschooling, preparing to move, poor primary school ect...) so... yay for no social skillz! *eiffel tower high five* xD

ReputationRep:
    http://lol.gamepedia.com/Flame

"Has a lot of female fans in Korea LoL community because of his handsome face as well as his dominant performance in top lane."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha well I'm out with my posse tomorrow, so I'll ask them a few questions on what they think will look okay.

Thanks.
    I think asking friends is best, a hairdresser will probably tell you what will earn them the most money or what you want to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

"Has a lot of female fans in Korea LoL community because of his handsome face as well as his dominant performance in top lane."

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well that was random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I think asking friends is best, a hairdresser will probably tell you what will earn them the most money or what you want to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have to pay according to what sort of haircut you get ? :eek: you sure that's right ?

ReputationRep:
    You have to pay according to what sort of haircut you get ? :eek: you sure that's right ?
    It was slightly relevant, and I'm not sure, my mum cuts my hair :ninja: but idk, they'll think of something. If it's just a haircut then I doubt prices will be different but if they think you look better with straight hair they might charge you to have it straightened, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    It was slightly relevant, and I'm not sure, my mum cuts my hair :ninja: but idk, they'll think of something. If it's just a haircut then I doubt prices will be different but if they think you look better with straight hair they might charge you to have it straightened, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh ok, lol your mum cuts your hair I would not let my mum with scissors anywhere near mine

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, lol your mum cuts your hair I would not let my mum with scissors anywhere near mine
    I actually had it cut by a hairdresser recently, end product looked roughly the same but it was a lot less painful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    GCSE ICT? using computers? HAH the most i did was microsoft office, adobe flash wasn't too bad. I reccomend codeacademy for basic coding knowledge

Except in the history exam i got a C :/ i retook and i need an A* to get an A overall : hmm :

cool, im doing maths, physics, economics and computing, i may do computer science in uni and go on to do some tech related career, i did want to be an IT attorney/lawyer but not sure its for me. I'm meant to move to America and go to uni after A levels, that's in 2 years... oh god i'm not ready nononono xD

Ah nice, it's good that you've found something that works so well! I had no contact with others for 4 years (homeschooling, preparing to move, poor primary school ect...) so... yay for no social skillz! *eiffel tower high five* xD
    Dude, I'd love to go to America! Whereabouts are you moving to? I've been eyeing up Philadelphia, looks like such an amazing place, plus there's an amazing music scene there. :cool:

I'm sure you'll be safe.

I know! I'm so pleased with the results Ah man I'm sure you must have some social skills. Anyway, if anything, it might be a good thing if you just get thrown in at the deep end.

(Original post by Bude8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah they'd definitely tell me what I want to hear, and I really don't like people like that. I'd rather someone upset me but told me the truth. I saw that you said your mum cuts your hair? Don't worry, my nan does mine. Don't care though haha. Might not be as great as a professional hairdresser, but I'd say she's a 7/10 which is good enough, and at least it's free!

ReputationRep:
    Dude, I'd love to go to America! Whereabouts are you moving to? I've been eyeing up Philadelphia, looks like such an amazing place, plus there's an amazing music scene there. :cool:

I'm sure you'll be safe.

I know! I'm so pleased with the results Ah man I'm sure you must have some social skills. Anyway, if anything, it might be a good thing if you just get thrown in at the deep end.

Oh yeah they'd definitely tell me what I want to hear, and I really don't like people like that. I'd rather someone upset me but told me the truth. I saw that you said your mum cuts your hair? Don't worry, my nan does mine. Don't care though haha. Might not be as great as a professional hairdresser, but I'd say she's a 7/10 which is good enough, and at least it's free!
    Ah, I know how you feel then :3 she doesn't do a bad job but sometimes my hair gets caught and it hurts a bit, obviously hairdressers are more professional but they cost too fee haircut is a free haircut, we mustn't complain xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I actually had it cut by a hairdresser recently, end product looked roughly the same but it was a lot less painful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Painful ? :lolwut: .... oh wait unlike me your hair isnt half way down your back so you have to use those scary shaver thingys, I deff wouldn't let my mum near me with one of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)

Seriously? I don't see it tbh but ahaha. And yes they are Razer Krakens.

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to have notebooks and rip the pages out and then put them into subject specific files or a notebook for each class where you mark the end of a unit, so all your class notes stay in the notebook and homework handouts typed up notes in files? What do you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'm sure you'll be safe.

Either the east side (new jersey) or west side (california), but i'm a bit confused since i will make friends there, my parents will move there, i will probably get a job there through companies seeking uni grads, so will i live find a girl get married have kids and die there? I HAVE TO DECIDE THIS BY END OF A LEVELS WUT

Then there's always England xD

Yeah i guess i do, except i hate 3/4 of my school therefore = unsociable :P

(Original post by Bude8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it looks like i'm picking up a copy of LoL. And getting a Korean haircut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aminaa124)
    Is it better to have notebooks and rip the pages out and then put them into subject specific files or a notebook for each class where you mark the end of a unit, so all your class notes stay in the notebook and homework handouts typed up notes in files? What do you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on how your classes are taught, I have a folder for each subject and just make notes on paper and put them in my folder in a sensible order. One of my teachers recommended this method; carry one pad of paper around with you all day, make rough notes in that, and then copy them up neatly later. That way you don't have to carry much with you throughout the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.