The Somali Society Mk III Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Aye.
    We have the best sweets man.

iicuun

canoo barawee balls

What the..... i've never heard of these 2 before lool.
    Is the first one trying to be an egg? :confused:
    Not sure what the 2nd one is.. is that meant to be deep fried dough? So confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Not sure what the 2nd one is.. is that meant to be deep fried dough? So confused.
    They both look gross and i've never seen or tried them before lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    They both look gross and i've never seen or tried them before lol
    Lol same, it does look disgusting. Especially the 2nd one, it looks.. raw?? :confused:

I've tried the other ones he posted and they are all disgusting apart from Halwa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    We have that in Tanzania

We have it with coffee. And the ones where the halwa has almonds at the top. It's heaven, ngl. I'm craving it now :lol::sad:
    Umbwa wewe :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Umbwa wewe :teehee:
    The grammatically correct way to spell it is.. "Wewe umbwa" which translates to "You're a dog" but I'm unsure as to why you would say such a thing?

ReputationRep:
    Lol same, it does look disgusting. Especially the 2nd one, it looks.. raw?? :confused:

I've tried the other ones he posted and they are all disgusting apart from Halwa.
    Lmao they look like round potatoes. Their name doesn't make them sound too appealing either lol

Yeah halwo is so macaan. The qumbo bars are pretty amazing too ngl

When do you go back to uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    The grammatically correct way to spell it is.. "Wewe umbwa" which translates to "You're a dog" but I'm unsure as to why you would say such a thing?
    They say it as umbwa wewe in kenya. When I first went to nairobi and started a school there, I'd say it to the other kids and the teacher wouldn't hit me because i'd pretend I didn't know what it meant (well that only worked for like a week until i got caught out lol!)
    Man, I miss kenya :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao they look like round potatoes. Their name doesn't make them sound too appealing either lol

Yeah halwo is so macaan. The qumbo bars are pretty amazing too ngl

When do you go back to uni?
    Haha I don't like that, just halwa :lollypop: lol @ potato!
    Start on the 2nd oct but returning students have to re-register from tomorrow. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    They say it as umbwa wewe in kenya. When I first went to nairobi and started a school there, I'd say it to the other kids and the teacher wouldn't hit me because i'd pretend I didn't know what it meant (well that only worked for like a week until i got caught out lol!)
    Man, I miss kenya :daydreaming:
    Where I'm from in Zanzibar we speak the posh way :lol:

Kenya and Uganda don't know my language and neither does Tanzania (mainland).

ReputationRep:
    Haha I don't like that, just halwa :lollypop: lol @ potato!
    Start on the 2nd oct but returning students have to re-register from tomorrow. What about you?
    Ahh so lucky!
    I start on the 16th but lessons start on the 22nd i'm more nevous than excited tho if i'm being honest lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahh so lucky!
    I start on the 16th but lessons start on the 22nd i'm more nevous than excited tho if i'm being honest lol
    1st year? Goodluck!
    I'm not excited due to the course load yet im kind of excited because this is the last year.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.
    They are very nice, the balls aka caano barawe are basically our style of fudge made of caramelised sweet milk/condensed milk

while the white balls are also very sweet and delicious are shortbread cookies

ReputationRep:
    1st year? Goodluck!
    I'm not excited due to the course load yet im kind of excited because this is the last year.
    Yeaaah supposed to be going second year but going 1st because of gap year thanks!
    Did you feel excited/nervous before you started?

ReputationRep:
    I can say the Somali Society is vey different to the Pakistani Society loool. Jus thought I'd pop in there a while ago from seeing it on the latest threads and they just talkin about conflict. Then saw someone being called a traitor for choosing the somali society instead lool. Talk about a first impression.

Did anyone see the somali version of the fresh prince of bel-air rap? I know its really old but just too jokes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    I can say the Somali Society is vey different to the Pakistani Society loool. Jus thought I'd pop in there a while ago from seeing it on the latest threads and they just talkin about conflict. Then saw someone being called a traitor for choosing the somali society instead lool. Talk about a first impression.

Did anyone see the somali version of the fresh prince of bel-air rap? I know its really old but just too jokes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha how about i made it xD Nah only joking but i love it, fresh prince is legit my fav **** ever, when they made that somali version i died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Haha how about i made it xD Nah only joking but i love it, fresh prince is legit my fav **** ever, when they made that somali version i died.
    Them ppl are so creative mashallah. Fit in well with the song aswell.
    Whats the asterisks for? Werent you trying to say favourite?

The somali society is full of girls though. Just a few boys now.

Xalwa is not nice. Ate a lot of it as a child and just got sick of it. Same with beriis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    Them ppl are so creative mashallah. Fit in well with the song aswell.
    Whats the asterisks for? Werent you trying to say favourite?

The somali society is full of girls though. Just a few boys now.
    The guys all come on during the winter season lol. And you also get those one-off posters like this somali guy who said he was raised in wales and then left after a few hours. I didn't even get the chance to tell him how in love I am with the welsh accent :cry2:

Ate a lot of it as a child and just got sick of it. Same with beriis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spare me. You know you eat bariis everyday walaalo :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The guys all come on during the winter season lol. And you also get those one-off posters like this somali guy who said he was raised in wales and then left after a few hours. I didn't even get the chance to tell him how in love I am with the welsh accent :cry2:

Spare me. You know you eat bariis everyday walaalo :lol:
    Lol they scared of the beref. But seriously, a lot of TSR members come around results day comparing their results with others.
    Nit gonna lie was surprised when found out some ppl in this society aint even somali. I thought it was pretty cool though show them how we do tings.:cool:

I hate beriis. Dont eat it when ma mum cooks it and ma bros and siss just eat it instead. Ma mum has tried to persuade me for years but she finally stopped *tears of happiness all round*. And meat taste like f****** chewing gum. I dont eat the somali way and when I went to somaliland relatives were like 'dont bring your britishness here...you in somaliland now...bi***'
    :sigh:.

I wear braces so got a badman excuse now...yhh brah..:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I actually miss being on TSR all the time. The somali society is poppin..i was so suprised on how we're on Mk III already

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by MK?bAnd can you pretty please tell me what op stands for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.