Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    Biochemistry and you?. By the way, I didn't choose any colleges because I'm an international student so I didn't really have any idea of which to choose, why didn't you?

I'll also post it here when I'm notified.
    Engineering, actually, and the same as you - I'm an international student as well I went to Oxford when I was in the UK this june, but we weren't allowed to look at colleges since it wasn't open day. Such a shame At least they're better than Cambridge at this though - at Cambridge there was no one who would provide us with any sort of help or assistance, but at Oxford we went to an admissions office and talking to a counselor there completely changed my perspective on applying there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    History and Politics anyone?
    Yeah, I've applied for History and Politics at St Anne's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marihist)
    Yeah, I've applied for History and Politics at St Anne's
    Great! I don't think there are that many of us on here! I haven't found any HPOL applicants who are applying to Trinity yet - it appears that I'm the only one haha! How are you finding preparing for the HAT?

ReputationRep:
    Great! I don't think there are that many of us on here! I haven't found any HPOL applicants who are applying to Trinity yet - it appears that I'm the only one haha! How are you finding preparing for the HAT?
    Haha, well good luck to you!

In all honesty, I've done no where near as much preparation as I should have! I've done my A-levels now and I'm taking a year out. I applied last year (didn't get an offer and didn't intend to reapply but I realised the university I had a place at, I didn't want to go to, so while reapplying this year I thought why not go for Oxford again), so I've already done the HAT once. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanAftab)
    Guys. Do tell me whenever you receive an email regarding your designated college. We should start receving by tomorrow. I guess.
    Sure will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J Cal)
    I have! Good luck!
    You're doing Geog at Jesus too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeogersReprsent)
    Geography! which books did you include in your personal statement?
    I referred to 3 different books and some articles too

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well good luck to you!

In all honesty, I've done no where near as much preparation as I should have! I've done my A-levels now and I'm taking a year out. I applied last year (didn't get an offer and didn't intend to reapply but I realised the university I had a place at, I didn't want to go to, so while reapplying this year I thought why not go for Oxford again), so I've already done the HAT once. What about you?
    I am also a post-A level applicant! I've done a few of the past papers on the HAT website and my teacher's marked them. I've basically read through the feedback and am improving my answers. I think it'll all depend on the composition of the paper on the day. I think I at least have a general feel for it - I hope!

ReputationRep:
    I am also a post-A level applicant! I've done a few of the past papers on the HAT website and my teacher's marked them. I've basically read through the feedback and am improving my answers. I think it'll all depend on the composition of the paper on the day. I think I at least have a general feel for it - I hope!
    Oh cool! I'm kinda glad to meet someone else who is! :P

I guess that's the best thing you can do! I completely agree about the paper on the day though. Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool! I'm kinda glad to meet someone else who is! :P

I guess that's the best thing you can do! I completely agree about the paper on the day though. Fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks! Good luck to you also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr111)
    Hello! I'm applying to biomed at St John's and I'm dreading the BMAT too
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermionegrangcr)
    Me. But I'm applying for a different subject.
    Oh okay, cool

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to St. Edmund's hall??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applying to Trinity?

ReputationRep:
    Did any1 get acknowledgement from the college?? I got an offer from a different university already but no acknowledgement from OX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportyannie)
    Yes, LMH was very friendly and I choose it because it was the furthest from the city centre and as it has its own boating centre - I am a very keen canoeist! When I went on the open day it was beautiful and had lovely gardens and the buffet lunch was fab!
    Good food is also high on my checklist for colleges!
    Good food is always a plus!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Chemistry at Merton from the US!

Anyone know when interviews tend to occur? I know that it's usually early December, but does anyone know of a more specific range of dates? I have an orchestra performance on the 10th that I'll likely miss if I fly to the UK for the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djangosp2)

Anyone know when interviews tend to occur? I know that it's usually early December, but does anyone know of a more specific range of dates? I have an orchestra performance on the 10th that I'll likely miss if I fly to the UK for the interview.
    Interview timetable by subject;
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable

ReputationRep:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable

You're clear!

(I'm a third year chemist, feel free to ask if you've got any questions)

ReputationRep:

To the best of my knowledge, Oxford does Skype interviews for us international applicants, so IMO you'll be fine regardless the exact dates are dependent on the department iirc so I'm not sure when we'll know them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.