Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    We got 53/60 available points not sure if it was 17-2-1 but that sounds accurate. We need to maintain that (or very slightly improve it) and improve vs the top teams ((the draws vs Swansea (not top 10 but still), Everton and Southampton from winning positions would have put us 1 point off top and we should have won those games)).

I reckon we'll get 83 points this season, don't think it will be enough though.
    I checked and it was 17-2-1 (loss against Villa in our first game).

If we go for 17-2-1 against bottom 10, then that is 53 points.
    Against the top ten if we go for maybe 10-5-3, that is 35 points.

I reckon 88 points would be enough for us to clinch the title, and 27-7-4 is an achievable target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Wouldn't it be easier to say psg need to sell due to FFP after spending £50 million on David Luiz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it does, but I like to route it back to liverpool rather then chelsea getting a great deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Jesus, 6-6-6? I guess that explains our problems, we are satanically cursed.

I wouldn't want an out-and-out DM because that restricts our creative capabilities. I think we got destroyed in big games because Wenger was suicidal and decided to stick to playing a high line, thus pitting Mertesacker against players like Hazard and Sturridge. I think we should just play more defensively in big games and grind, possibly with Chambers converted to CDM as coverage for Mertesacker in games where we need to grind (against you lot or Chelsea, Liverpool etc). The City game showed us that, even though their team was weakened, as long as we can play a solid defense, we should win almost every game.

I doubt they would want £40m. If the buyout clause is true, then they would ask for a lot less in an attempt to desperately make as much money as possible. Why would someone pay that much if they could wait a year and pay £20m, half as much?
    Perhaps not a full DM but someone like Schneiderlin who will offer more cover than Arteta, and there's always Flamini if you do need it at some point. Chambers at CDM is interesting, I didn't watch enough Southampton to know if he could convert but maybe. It could lead to the Phil Jones problem though.

With most clubs yeah, but Dortmund are different. They let Lewa's contract run down to get an extra year rather than sell him and get 15-20m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Is it just cos you space your lines out?

I guess it makes it look like you have a lot to say.

A List helps too.
    pads the post out.
    makes it look longer.
    gives the illusion of facts and evidence.

and then at the end people can realise

you said nothing interesting
    :rofl: speaking the word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Perhaps not a full DM but someone like Schneiderlin who will offer more cover than Arteta, and there's always Flamini if you do need it at some point. Chambers at CDM is interesting, I didn't watch enough Southampton to know if he could convert but maybe. It could lead to the Phil Jones problem though.

With most clubs yeah, but Dortmund are different. They let Lewa's contract run down to get an extra year rather than sell him and get 15-20m.
    Absolute morons is the phrase I would use. BVB are the footballing equivalent of the Essex-boy, weekend millionaires you'll see down in Soho on Saturday nights buying long-drinks for people earning x5 more than them and who then spend the rest of the week saying ''money dont interest me mate'' as they ruefully tuck into their economy pack lunch :laugh

With this kind of revolutionary transfer policy, Wenger can probably get them to sell Reus for a half eaten packet of wine gums and 2nd hand copy of 4-4-2 magazine from January 2007, featuring interviews with Jimmy Bullard and Teddy Sheringham. :laugh:

Have heard people praise BVB for letting Lewa go for **** all, and in the same moment mock Wenger for transfers like Adebayor for £25m.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

Someone like Schneiderlin would be great, but I can only question how it would affect the team. You can't take out Ramsey or Ozil, Sanchez/Ox/Walcott/Campbell are a must for most games, and Wilshere is starting to look like he is properly linking with Ramsey. I can see why a DM would replace Arteta and Flamini, but I still feel like Chambers is a better bet, with defensive and attacking capabilities, and he is certainly more mobile than most DMs. What Phil Jones problem? That he would have too many positions to find his best one?

Dortmund are the Southampton or Arsenal of Germany. Everytime they bring through a world class player, they are forced to sell them for big money to a better team in that league (Munich). You can't blame them for wanting to hold on to the players, but you have to question their logic.

ReputationRep:
    Someone like Schneiderlin would be great, but I can only question how it would affect the team. You can't take out Ramsey or Ozil, Sanchez/Ox/Walcott/Campbell are a must for most games, and Wilshere is starting to look like he is properly linking with Ramsey. I can see why a DM would replace Arteta and Flamini, but I still feel like Chambers is a better bet, with defensive and attacking capabilities, and he is certainly more mobile than most DMs. What Phil Jones problem? That he would have too many positions to find his best one?

Dortmund are the Southampton or Arsenal of Germany. Everytime they bring through a world class player, they are forced to sell them for big money to a better team in that league (Munich). You can't blame them for wanting to hold on to the players, but you have to question their logic.
    Giroud/new ST
    Sanchez Ozil Walcott
    Schneiderlin Ramsey

With Ox, Podolski and Campbell as impact subs. Wilshere with Ramsey would leave you too exposed, I imagine Wilshere will have to resign himself to not starting most of the time in the league unless there's injuries. And I can't see Campbell playing massive amounts.

As in a highly rated young defender ends up playing in midfield all the time and doesn't develop as expected.

(Original post by Zürich)
    Absolute morons is the phrase I would use.

BVB are the footballing equivalent of the Essex-boy, weekend millionaires you'll see down in Soho on Saturday nights buying drinks for people earning x5 more than them :rolleyes:
    dat analogy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Absolute morons is the phrase I would use. BVB are the footballing equivalent of the Essex-boy, weekend millionaires you'll see down in Soho on Saturday nights buying long-drinks for people earning x5 more than them and who then spend the rest of the week saying ''money dont interest me mate'' as they ruefully tuck into their economy pack lunch :laugh

With this kind of revolutionary transfer policy, Wenger can probably get them to sell Reus for a half eaten packet of wine gums and 2nd hand copy of 4-4-2 magazine from January 2007, featuring interviews with Jimmy Bullard and Teddy Sheringham. :laugh:

Have heard people praise BVB for letting Lewa go for **** all, and in the same moment mock Wenger for transfers like Adebayor for £25m.
    That was quite a post. Bravo
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Giroud/new ST
    Sanchez Ozil Walcott
    Schneiderlin Ramsey

With Ox, Podolski and Campbell as impact subs. Wilshere with Ramsey would leave you too exposed, I imagine Wilshere will have to resign himself to not starting most of the time in the league unless there's injuries. And I can't see Campbell playing massive amounts.

As in a highly rated young defender ends up playing in midfield all the time and doesn't develop as expected.

dat analogy
    I would actually play:
    Walcott
    Reus Ozil Sanchez
    Chambers Ramsey

Walcott proved he can be a striker, and that line-up would win us the league (Chambers can be changed for Wilshere/Arteta/Diaby/New DM).

Apparently Galatasaray are going to bid £28m for the Podolski + Campbell double. I want to see Campbell getting loads of games this year, he is easily good enough to at least come off the bench most games.

ReputationRep:
    Galatasaray can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    I would actually play:
    Walcott
    Reus Ozil Sanchez
    Chambers Ramsey

Walcott proved he can be a striker, and that line-up would win us the league (Chambers can be changed for Wilshere/Arteta/Diaby/New DM).

Apparently Galatasaray are going to bid £28m for the Podolski + Campbell double. I want to see Campbell getting loads of games this year, he is easily good enough to at least come off the bench most games.
    Depends on you managing to get Reus. Real and Barca are covered, Bayern would have to pay loads. Wouldn't City/Chelsea/PSG be in for him?

I'd take that tbh, Campbell's 22 he won't improve massively.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Depends on you managing to get Reus. Real and Barca are covered, Bayern would have to pay loads. Wouldn't City/Chelsea/PSG be in for him?

I'd take that tbh, Campbell's 22 he won't improve massively.
    I think Arsenal are the main club. Liverpool and you lot were in for him briefly, but denied rumours.

I would sell Podolski, but Campbell is important coverage for us.

ReputationRep:
    I think Arsenal are the main club. Liverpool and you lot were in for him briefly, but denied rumours.

I would sell Podolski, but Campbell is important coverage for us.
    Who knows, if it looked like happening I could see Chelsea trying to stop it. Their winger options aren't great after Hazard.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Who knows, if it looked like happening I could see Chelsea trying to stop it. Their winger options aren't great after Hazard.
    Even if they do go for Reus I reckon he would prefer us. We have a larger contingency of Germans, and the fact we managed to bring in Ozil and Sanchez shows we must have something desirable to good players.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud
    Ox Ozil Sanchez
    Ramsey Vidal

This team would win us the champions league.

No troll.

Walcott is terrible.

/end discussion.

GG.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud , I don't care how many wonder goals he scores, he is still ****ing terrible in big games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Are you cereal? We're so stacked in midfield it's not even funny. I'd rather go out and buy a striker then get another Winger.
    Tbf though, most of our midfielders play through the middle (behind the front 3)

last year, we used cazorla, podolski, rosicky, wilshere and gnabry for a few games out wide. To me, they are not the most speedy wingers ie like walcott and sanchez...hence why i say winger (Ok maybe i should've said a true winger with speed and accuracy).

And yes, alternatively, we should go get a striker (but who can also play as a winger)

But for now, we need DM and CB. Then maybe try and push for a striker (though really doubt wenger will)
    Or maybe he'll go get a loan player in jan like kallstrom but a striker.

ReputationRep:
    We're overcrowded in Midfield, I don't know why Wenger keeps looking into more CAMs/CMs when we have plenty. Also, Jack Wilshere is overrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeBron96)
    We're overcrowded in Midfield, I don't know why Wenger keeps looking into more CAMs/CMs when we have plenty. Also, Jack Wilshere is overrated
    So many people call him overrated now so he has actually become underrated:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    So many people call him overrated now so he has actually become underrated:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much the norm, things are always taken to extremes. I'd agree though he's gone full swing from being overrated to be underrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.