Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    The Gaza Health Ministry has not bothered to distinguish the two. The IDF claims 335 are militants. Several hundreds are unknown. As far as I'm aware Hamas militants don't wear uniform, making it hard to tell if some middle aged man was a fighter or an innocent civilian.
    Are you one of those paid hasbara propagandists? What do you think about the ethics of paying students and other individuals to debate and brainwash people in online media?

Would you or wouldn't you take issue with an Israeli invasion and genocide in the Gaza Strip if all the people of Gaza including children take up arms to resist any oppression or occupation? Do you believe that the Palestinians shouldn't resist militarily at all and should bow their heads down and allow a two state solution with the current borders? Do you think Netanyahu fears or favours a two state solution?

(Original post by DeLite)
    You must have been living under a rock if you think that Syria and Iraq (Isis) and Nigeria (Boko Haram) didn't get a shedload of media attention. Where were the Western Muslim protests against these atrocities and the calls and petitions for UN intervention?
    These organizations are clearly labelled as terrorist organizations. The governments of the Western world sees them as this. There is nothing to gain by protesting. The big bosses have the eyes on them.

Israel is not considered a terrorist organization, but it should be. Our governments could pressurize them to change their course for the good, and to provide justice. There is a lot to gain potentially.

(Original post by Pinzgauer)
    More than that.

IDF reckoned 400 terrorists and that was about 4-5 days ago. That's only in the ground operation alone.

They got many more in air strikes before that.

They can even name many of them.

I posted a thread earlier which indicated 900 men dead.

I would say terrorist dead is not far off that number 650-700 or so

The media is not telling us all this. Bit of a smear campaign against Israel going on.
    What about children? Those killed in the beach for example?

Israel came and Israel conquered. It should bear the consequences of occupation and oppression.

Its sad what's happening to Gazans, maybe they should all emigrate to the west and forget about all this lol
    They can't even cross their borders - the Apartheid Wall cages them from the Jewish State. There is nowhere to hide against the Zionist attacks. That is the difference to the rocket attacks in southern Israel. Those Israelis had the choice to settle or not to settle. The Palestinians on the other hand find themselves trapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arithmeticae)
    why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The current attacks against Gaza are the Palestinians fault they refuse to negotiate and continue launching missiles from behind their women and children against Israeli civilians then complain when the Israeli government responds they are basically being cowards and allowing their women and children to suffer while they keep launching missiles and complaining.

ReputationRep:
    Every one of the myths Israel is using to justify its continued apartheid and genocide has been very effectively debunked below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehd...b_5624401.html

What's more if you examine these Hamas-Israel conflicts over the past ten or so years, you will find that it is Israel which has broken ceasefires almost every time without any kind of provocation from the other side.

Let's face it- anyone who is anti-Palestine is using a pro-Israeli facade as a cover for their hatred for ordinary Muslims (incidentally Christians also suffer and are humiliated by the Israelis).

ReputationRep:
    If Israel wanted peace, they wouldn't treat Gaza like a lawn. It is not a war when you have planned two years from now for another bloodbath. That in itself shows the lack of value a Palestinian life has to them. That doesn't sound all that peaceful to me.
    They would stop taking land illegitimately from the Palestinians if they wanted peace, and they wouldn't have given Hamas more support. When you're being attacked by people who won't relent, then you would most likely turn to the only group providing any resistance, which is all Hamas is. Hamas is the lesser of two evils to many Palestinians.
    Attacking UN shelters just shows how committed Israel is to peace. If Israel was so committed to peace, it would be actively looking for a ceasefire, like it was a couple of days in.

Anyway, OP, don't pretend. You hate Islam, and therefore, you support Israel, just like the guy in the video.

ReputationRep:
    I tend not to get involved in these kind of debates, but I love how anyone who wants to find out more or is even remotely looking like they're considering putting themselves in Israel's mindset for a second is shot down as a troll, anti-Muslim, etc. Is it not wiser to consider evidence and make reasoned arguments than blurting out stuff like "Stop bull****ting"? Forcing your opinion on others who haven't done the research to consider it critically is morally bankrupt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I think this guy sums it up pretty well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHC8KC5cLs8

P.S i do not approve the killing of civilians on either side.

Which side do you support and why logically? please let us know if you have read up on the history of the situation or not.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, here we have the astonishing rebirth of the Nazi officer who murdered tens of thousands in the Warsaw Ghetto and called those resisting terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I think this guy sums it up pretty well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHC8KC5cLs8

P.S i do not approve the killing of civilians on either side.

Which side do you support and why logically? please let us know if you have read up on the history of the situation or not.
    Scumbag. You use a bigot to sum up why you support Israel, how pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBlue7)

They can't even cross their borders -
    Since when do people have a right to cross a border? Israel is back to 67 lines with Gaza. The palestinians have absolutely no right or reason to cross into Israel.

the Apartheid Wall cages them from the Jewish State.
    There's no wall. It's a border fence like most countries have.

ReputationRep:
    This article debunks most of the Israeli propaganda being pumped around

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehd...b_5624401.html

BBC Middle East editor: "I saw no evidence during my week in Gaza of Israel's accusation that Hamas uses Palestinians as human shields"

Even if you go ahead and believe that they have used human shields, there have been breaches of human rights on both sides, what do you think about the children killed on the beach?

Israel forcibly occupied and oppressed the people of Gaza, do you expect them to just lie down and take it? They need to accept the consequences of their actions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and there is no evidence of bias in your source?

ReputationRep:
    #Freeyourmother'svajayjay

ReputationRep:
    i'm not saying that it's going to be completely impartial, but he takes points from various news reporters and most of them seem to say the same thing. is every source on there biased towards palestine?

why are you ignoring the other points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There don't seem to be many points mainly rhetorical questions the only relevant point that i acknowledge is that there have been breeches of human rights on both sides I'm not saying that one side is particularly worse than the other but the Palestinians seem to be escalating the violence by refusing to negotiate and using terrorist methods which have led to such a harsh Israeli response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    Well, the state itself only came into being in 1948. Diplomatic relations don't happen overnight. However, it does not detract from the fact that Israel is a legitimate state, and even when it was pending recognition, its government was granted de facto recognition as an authority during the 1948 war by a number of countries including the US.
    It doesn't detract from it now, but in May 1948 it was far from certain that Israel would be widely recognised and accepted. Add to this that the situation took place when the UN and other post-WW2 international institutions were still relatively new and their roles not as clear as they are now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    The current attacks against Gaza are the Palestinians fault they refuse to negotiate and continue launching missiles from behind their women and children against Israeli civilians then complain when the Israeli government responds they are basically being cowards and allowing their women and children to suffer while they keep launching missiles and complaining.
    I think you need to get your facts straight. There are 3 parties here: Hamas, Israel and Palestinian civilians. The current attacks were not the fault of the ordinary Palestinian. Hell, the initial kidnapping of 3 teens was most likely perpetrated by Israelis. Israel say they're trying to minimise civilian casualties, but the vast majority are civilians. The Israelis are not "responding". They are murdering innocents.
    Palestinians are not attacking. Hamas is attacking. And all of those rockets are ineffective, because of the Iron Dome.
    This is not war. This is systematic genocide. http://www.firstpost.com/world/burni...s-1621289.html
    Says it all, really.

ReputationRep:
    Pat Condell lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Stop bull****ting. You hate islam and thats why. You're not fooling anyone matey.

Spoiler:
    Show
    "you don't have to be Muslim to support Gaza, just human"
    I support Israel and I will happily admit that I hate Islam. The two, however, are not necessarily linked.

ReputationRep:
    The entire argument that forms the basis of the defense of Israel in most cases is flawed due to the fact that it is based on a completely untrue myth which is backed up with no evidence. The argument is based on the claim that Muslims as a majority want all Jewish people dead, this is completely untrue, if it wasn't for the Muslims Jewish people would not exist today, the Ottomans saved Jewish people from genocide in Europe by sending in fleets of ships and taking in all of the Jewish people and throughout history Jewish people have lived in Muslim communities and nations without any genocide or hatred occurring. As for the claim that the religion of Islam teaches the genocide of all Jewish people is also ridiculous and although I am not a Muslim myself and I have many criticisms of that religion I like to be very fair and not say something which has no basis, no where in Islam does it call for the extermination of Jewish people otherwise we would have seen this on the many Jews who have lived in Muslim lands throughout history.

As for the claim that Palestinians and even Hamas want all Jewish people dead is also baseless. I deplore Hamas and think it was a terrible choice for them to be voted in, however the leader of Hamas has constantly stated that he wants to coexist with Jewish people however it is true that they have a problem with the state of Israel (but NOT Jewish people). In fact I would go so far as to say that even the more radical Muslim groups which I have studied don't even call for the extermination of Jewish people and these radicals are in a minority in the Muslim population, don't get me wrong though, ISIS or Al Qaeda would not show much mercy to Jewish people if they had it their way, however Hamas are not ISIS or Al Qaeda and have completely different beliefs and causes.

The argument of defending Israeli genocide of the population of Gaza with the simple claim of "oh well it's because they want to kill all Jewish people" is baseless and a simple excuse for backing Israel. This conflict is about a group of people who have been robbed of their land and persecuted, they would have reacted the same whether Israel was Jewish or not, this isn't a war of religion. We would not have accepted anyone taking our land and driving us into the world's largest prison camp and neither would you no matter what religion the occupiers were.

"Muslims want to commit genocide on Jewish people so badly"- Unfortunately if we examine history the only people to ever commit genocide on truly large scales in the past few centuries have been white Europeans, not Arab Muslims. The only people to kill Millions of Jews in the holocaust were white Europeans, not Muslims. The only people to kill many millions of Native Americans in one of the greatest genocides in recorded history were white Europeans, not Muslims. So let's not point fingers at Muslims claiming they are aggressive and want to kill an entire population when they have had the power to do so in the past but never have while the people accusing them of this (Europeans) have.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    They shouldn't need to negotiate the stealing of their homeland.

If a robber comes to your home, would you negotiate what he can and can't have, or would you fight him?

ReputationRep:
    pffft, you really think someone pays you to sit on the computer? my posts are nothing special so I dont know why you would say that.

If paid posters do exist, I doubt Jews are paid to post any more than muslims are. Especially considering the tons of fabricated photos from Syria and Iraq that are posted as "Gaza" on twitter, I wouldnt be surprised that people get paid to organize all that.

The "apartheid wall" is the 1967 lines, you know, the one you're all obsessed about. Its Israel's internationally recognized border. International borders are "apartheid walls"? pffffft lol

What do you say about Egypt's brutal blockade of Gaza? haha

Yes, they (the Zionists) pays you if you sign up for it.

Do you think its ethical or not?

http://electronicintifada.net/conten...ropaganda/8355

More recently

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/...sacre-facebook

Some zionists do not even deny that they are not being paid.

When your neighbour is in a humanitarian crisis (and that too by your hands) don't you think its not humane to close off the gates? Unless you desire to invite only Jews (Jewish state).

So Israel is in for a two state solution? What about West Bank and Jewish settlements all over it?

Egypt should be given back to its legitimate rulers, who were democratically elected first. The Muslim Brotherhood did what was best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamsmithqm)
    Sometimes you just have abandon civilised debate and say it how it is. You're a ****.
    What was so offensive or incorrect about the OP that you felt it necessary to post this drivel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    I think you need to get your facts straight. There are 3 parties here: Hamas, Israel and Palestinian civilians. The current attacks were not the fault of the ordinary Palestinian. Hell, the initial kidnapping of 3 teens was most likely perpetrated by Israelis. Israel say they're trying to minimise civilian casualties, but the vast majority are civilians. The Israelis are not "responding". They are murdering innocents.
    Palestinians are not attacking. Hamas is attacking. And all of those rockets are ineffective, because of the Iron Dome.
    This is not war. This is systematic genocide. http://www.firstpost.com/world/burni...s-1621289.html
    Says it all, really.
    This

A country with practically unlimited financial backing from the world's most powerful nation and the most advanced anti missile system ever devised, has absolutely no option but to level entire city blocks full of innocent civilians?

It's getting old, and no one's buying it any more

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.