Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2015 Thread*** Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    to those who applied to BNP paribas, did you all put some stuff down under "work experience" (which actually asks for RELEVANT experience to the role you're applying for) . I literally have no banking/finance work experience (I thought that was the whole point of spring weeks )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMonk)
    to those who applied to BNP paribas, did you all put some stuff down under "work experience" (which actually asks for RELEVANT experience to the role you're applying for) . I literally have no banking/finance work experience (I thought that was the whole point of spring weeks )
    Any experience will count mate, as long as you right about the transferrable skills e.g., problem-solving and team management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilou1211)
    I'm having this problem too, but a friend of mine received a e-mail last week. Do you think Barclays will send an email after christmas break?
    I sure hope so! Barclays would be amazing to get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    Going to do the Barclays numerical after the holiday season ends and I have some peace and quiet in my house lol, how did you find the situational judgement test? is it like the RBS one?
    I havent done RBS, but barclays just have a bunch of videos you need to watch then tick the 'Most appropriate" thing to do, and the 'Least appropriate'. It's untimed so take your time. Only the numerical is timed.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody made progress with first year summer apps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matty53)
    Who are offering summer weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For asset management? I applied to Schroders and Old mutual global investors, missed out on Aberdeen. Bank of England and HSBC offer first year summer internships as well but in the case of the latter thinks it's retail/commercial banking :/

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what would you say, should I keep doing interviews as I already have 3 offers and have nowhere to fit other banks? I know it is a good experience, but don't want to reject any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Guys, what would you say, should I keep doing interviews as I already have 3 offers and have nowhere to fit other banks? I know it is a good experience, but don't want to reject any of them.
    Give me some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Yep
    Was fast tracked by GS this year because I got an offer last year which I turned down but my interviewer really liked me and we kept in touch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wondering what the cutoff for Barclays numerical is? :confused: I'm not sure why I couldn't proceed to phone interview stage for summer IB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
    For asset management? I applied to Schroders and Old mutual global investors, missed out on Aberdeen. Bank of England and HSBC offer first year summer internships as well but in the case of the latter thinks it's retail/commercial banking :/
    Is the Schroders summer internship for first years??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    Is the Schroders summer internship for first years??
    They are open to students from all years of study. If you are still looking to apply now there investments internship has closed but Sales (Distribution) closes on 31st December.

' As long as you can demonstrate your interest in this field, and you're strong academically, you could be from any degree discipline and year of study.'

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else complete the Schroders online tests? Logical was tough, I don't know how I'd feel about being rejected after that beast of an application.

ReputationRep:
    Who offers IB side first years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Who offers IB side first years?
    Nobody unless you network like a pro/ barclays if you're interested eligible

I was offered a first year intenship at one of my spring weeks but declined. It's possible but very difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)

I was offered a first year intenship at one of my spring weeks but declined. It's possible but very difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Which one?
    :ninja: anonymity and all that, sorry

Doubt it would be appreciated if i said, tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :ninja: anonymity and all that, sorry

Doubt it would be appreciated if i said, tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Understandable

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey man, I remember you saying a couple weeks ago you had to be a "certain eligibility" in order to do first year summer at Barclays, is it do to with ethnicity? lol was it gs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.