Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    I don't exactly struggle with chemistry but I do get caught out with it sometimes, but hey, we all have our downsides ... Hopefully you get that A!
    Fingers crossed! It's the last subject I want an A in though I want A's/A*s in RE, German, French, Geography and ideally one of the English's but probably not. What are you thinking of taking for A levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Yeah I've done both. Got 29/30 and 28/30 on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, that's awesome! Do you know around how many words you wrote? I think I may have written too much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Fingers crossed! It's the last subject I want an A in though I want A's/A*s in RE, German, French, Geography and ideally one of the English's but probably not. What are you thinking of taking for A levels?
    Yay, we both have an ambition for an A in one if not both of the Englishs

I really have no clue, I have two for definite: Maths, physics. Then idk, if my school does offer computing I will take that but after that I'm kind of clueless if they don't. If they don't I think I'll only have one route which is: Maths, physics, biology and geography or something.

My school unfortunately doesn't offer much which is why I'm considering moving but really can't debate whether to do so or not because I don't have many friends outside of my school friends with the exception of a few.

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I got 11 A*s and 1 A
    What exam boards are you on for English and RE?
    Just out of curiosity, how much did you put into revision? When did you start revising?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by frostyy)
    Just out of curiosity, how much did you put into revision? When did you start revising?
    I started revising late but then revised a lot, I started around April

ReputationRep:
    Yay, we both have an ambition for an A in one if not both of the Englishs

I really have no clue, I have two for definite: Maths, physics. Then idk, if my school does offer computing I will take that but after that I'm kind of clueless if they don't. If they don't I think I'll only have one route which is: Maths, physics, biology and geography or something.

My school unfortunately doesn't offer much which is why I'm considering moving but really can't debate whether to do so or not because I don't have many friends outside of my school friends with the exception of a few.

You?
    I wish I was smart enough to do physics and maths and then go on to do engineering or something like that at uni Sorry to hear about your options problem. Maybe moving school, plus I'm sure you'll make new friends being a smarty n' all, may be the better option? I think some unis will accept you for computer science with maths+ a science subject alone.
    I'm hoping to do psychology, biology, German and geography, then do either psychology, German w/ Russian (Learning russian outside of school its amazing), or env. science at uni Try looking up computer science or the degree you want on UCAS, that helped me a lot Are you looking at unis? Which ones?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was smart enough to do physics and maths and then go on to do engineering or something like that at uni Sorry to hear about your options problem. Maybe moving school, plus I'm sure you'll make new friends being a smarty n' all, may be the better option? I think some unis will accept you for computer science with maths+ a science subject alone.
    I'm hoping to do psychology, biology, German and geography, then do either psychology, German w/ Russian (Learning russian outside of school its amazing), or env. science at uni Try looking up computer science or the degree you want on UCAS, that helped me a lot Are you looking at unis? Which ones?
    I'm really clueless on what I want to do, I really want to do some sort of engineering especially aerospace but demand kind of depresses me with the latest job cuts at Rolls Royce. I'm pretty passionate about planes and would love to study them but jobs are more important...

Being a smarty doesn't really suit me I'm just good at school because I try at it Maybe the better option but whether it's the more worthy option is another story. CompSci and some engineering are probably the main ones for me, but yeah, I've looked at a few and they do do that thing where you just have maths and a science, though I don't exactly want to pick chemistry because it's tough as it is GCSE so I might be put onto a list as candidates to consider less of . If only my school did further maths .

Nice! Interesting combination I guess especially the Russian! I did that a while back but then I forgot all the requirements I'll look tomorrow I guess. I really have no clue on what universities yet since I haven't kept much track of them at all... What unis are you think of?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really clueless on what I want to do, I really want to do some sort of engineering especially aerospace but demand kind of depresses me with the latest job cuts at Rolls Royce. I'm pretty passionate about planes and would love to study them but jobs are more important...

Being a smarty doesn't really suit me I'm just good at school because I try at it Maybe the better option but whether it's the more worthy option is another story. CompSci and some engineering are probably the main ones for me, but yeah, I've looked at a few and they do do that thing where you just have maths and a science, though I don't exactly want to pick chemistry because it's tough as it is GCSE so I might be put onto a list as candidates to consider less of . If only my school did further maths .

Nice! Interesting combination I guess especially the Russian! I did that a while back but then I forgot all the requirements I'll look tomorrow I guess. I really have no clue on what universities yet since I haven't kept much track of them at all... What unis are you think of?
    A close family friend of mine did engineering at Swansea and is doing his masters in aeronautical engineering at Birmingham, then has a placement at Rolls Royce as an intern! Small world ahah
    Yeah I was thinking chemistry for biomed, but I remembered I still can't balance equations and have no idea how to predict the outcomes of an experiment I'm looking at Cardiff (Football fan family, plus I love the city but rarely go), East Anglia, Kent (close to home tehee), Sussex, Brighton or Liverpool Cardiff is probably my fav, but its AAB to get in for psychology which might be too high for me

ReputationRep:
    A close family friend of mine did engineering at Swansea and is doing his masters in aeronautical engineering at Birmingham, then has a placement at Rolls Royce as an intern! Small world ahah
    Yeah I was thinking chemistry for biomed, but I remembered I still can't balance equations and have no idea how to predict the outcomes of an experiment I'm looking at Cardiff (Football fan family, plus I love the city but rarely go), East Anglia, Kent (close to home tehee), Sussex, Brighton or Liverpool Cardiff is probably my fav, but its AAB to get in for psychology which might be too high for me
    My brother did a masters in mechanical engineering but is working at a pretty **** place atm but I think he's gonna move with his experience from his current place to get something better

Hmm, chemistry is not fully off my list it's just gonna be one of those "just in case" subjects or something, but I'll end up picking it I bet Predicting outcomes of experiments also gets me! I hate it since I don't know every single colour of each element on the periodic table... Nice set of universities is all I can say I really don't know much about them except from Liverpool is where my cousin did medicine. You want to be a psychologist I guess?

ReputationRep:
    My brother did a masters in mechanical engineering but is working at a pretty **** place atm but I think he's gonna move with his experience from his current place to get something better

Hmm, chemistry is not fully off my list it's just gonna be one of those "just in case" subjects or something, but I'll end up picking it I bet Predicting outcomes of experiments also gets me! I hate it since I don't know every single colour of each element on the periodic table... Nice set of universities is all I can say I really don't know much about them except from Liverpool is where my cousin did medicine. You want to be a psychologist I guess?
    I know someone studying at Liverpool and they absolutely love it, but I'm not sure if I get homesickness and being at uni for the first time would be the worst time to find out! I'm going to Ecuador in 2016 for 2 weeks so hopefully that'll help me out I guess. Meh, I love the look of psychology and it looks fascinating, but apparently the a level is horrid but the degree is worth waiting for. Neuropsychology catches my interest, so who knows? A few of my friends have depression/suicidal and ask me for help/call me whenever they need to, so I do research about their problems and it's all so fascinating. I really hope the A level isn't too horrid! The money isn't too good, unlike engineering!

ReputationRep:
    I know someone studying at Liverpool and they absolutely love it, but I'm not sure if I get homesickness and being at uni for the first time would be the worst time to find out! I'm going to Ecuador in 2016 for 2 weeks so hopefully that'll help me out I guess. Meh, I love the look of psychology and it looks fascinating, but apparently the a level is horrid but the degree is worth waiting for. Neuropsychology catches my interest, so who knows? A few of my friends have depression/suicidal and ask me for help/call me whenever they need to, so I do research about their problems and it's all so fascinating. I really hope the A level isn't too horrid! The money isn't too good, unlike engineering!
    Homesick is very little compared to the future but whatever your choice . Well you have a very long time until you have to choose your course so don't worry yet . Good on you helping your friends . Meh, money in engineering, I think I would rather do something like CompSci and do something learnt with the computer languages like making aprogram or something then try make a living by doing that but hey, life changes

ReputationRep:
    Homesick is very little compared to the future but whatever your choice . Well you have a very long time until you have to choose your course so don't worry yet . Good on you helping your friends . Meh, money in engineering, I think I would rather do something like CompSci and do something learnt with the computer languages like making aprogram or something then try make a living by doing that but hey, life changes
    You could be the next Alan Turing! After watching that film I worked hard in my maths lesson for the first, and of course, the last time ever CompSci would be so useful in modern-day society with technology moving so fast... argh I envy you!

ReputationRep:
    You could be the next Alan Turing! After watching that film I worked hard in my maths lesson for the first, and of course, the last time ever CompSci would be so useful in modern-day society with technology moving so fast... argh I envy you!
    As much as I would love to do that, I think the main motivation in CompSci is money. I think I have more passion for engineering though as with everything there's always the really boring part of that subject... I really have to watch the imitation game, looks so good! but all my friends thought it was boring and I was wasn't going to go alone .

ReputationRep:
    As much as I would love to do that, I think the main motivation in CompSci is money. I think I have more passion for engineering though as with everything there's always the really boring part of that subject... I really have to watch the imitation game, looks so good! but all my friends thought it was boring and I was wasn't going to go alone .
    I used to want to go into law purely for the money, but I realized I hate English and didn't take history- plus essay writing isn't one of my strengths Boring? Boring? Boring????? It deserves that BAFTA so so so much! I cried, laughed, gasped... ahh everything a good film does! Plus, saying it's boring is insulting the beautiful work of Turing himself! I'd highly recommend you seeing it. And definitely move schools if those people are calling fantastic films like that 'boring' ahaha

ReputationRep:
    I used to want to go into law purely for the money, but I realized I hate English and didn't take history- plus essay writing isn't one of my strengths Boring? Boring? Boring????? It deserves that BAFTA so so so much! I cried, laughed, gasped... ahh everything a good film does! Plus, saying it's boring is insulting the beautiful work of Turing himself! I'd highly recommend you seeing it. And definitely move schools if those people are calling fantastic films like that 'boring' ahaha
    Well at least CompSci has some things that I enjoy such as maths compared to law where everything is essay which I hate... Think I'll watch it once it comes on netflix or whatever! I find the demise of Turing quite sad :cry2:. Hmm, good idea moving school for that reason! jk but still they all thought it was boring and I was like "what?, you gotta be joking" :emo:. Awk well I'll watch it when it comes out on a portable platform

ReputationRep:
    Well at least CompSci has some things that I enjoy such as maths compared to law where everything is essay which I hate... Think I'll watch it once it comes on netflix or whatever! I find the demise of Turing quite sad :cry2:. Hmm, good idea moving school for that reason! jk but still they all thought it was boring and I was like "what?, you gotta be joking" :emo:. Awk well I'll watch it when it comes out on a portable platform
    Have you seen Interstellar too? Probably the best film of 2014 tbh

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen Interstellar too? Probably the best film of 2014 tbh
    Hmm, no I haven't but it looks really good with just the front cover of a space man! I love learning about space so this will definitely be on list of to watch thanks What's it about?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, no I haven't but it looks really good with just the front cover of a space man! I love learning about space so this will definitely be on list of to watch thanks What's it about?
    So you haven't seen the Imitation Game, or Interstellar? Yikes, which one of us needs a life? It's about Earth (I think, or some other planet) which is running out of resources for everyone to live so this aastronaut guy goes with Anne Hathaway on some cool-ass adventure through black holes and it's hella dramatic and Jesus Christ the tears, I cried so much! The acting is amazing. I love sci-fis and that has to be one of the top. Next to the controversial Avatar

ReputationRep:
    So you haven't seen the Imitation Game, or Interstellar? Yikes, which one of us needs a life? It's about Earth (I think, or some other planet) which is running out of resources for everyone to live so this aastronaut guy goes with Anne Hathaway on some cool-ass adventure through black holes and it's hella dramatic and Jesus Christ the tears, I cried so much! The acting is amazing. I love sci-fis and that has to be one of the top. Next to the controversial Avatar
    I do have a life! just a non cinema life by the sounds of it but I don't really keep up with new movies either so that has something to do with that problem... The only movie I plan on going to see this year is fast 7 that's how much I don't know of what films are coming out And I don't exactly watch tv to see ads for them movies awk well... Think I'll have to watch it then I'VE SAW AVATAR, A MIRACLE, I HAVE SAW A MOVIE THAT YOU'VE SEEN!
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I do have a life!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.