Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nakass)
    Does that mean I need 100% UMS from C4 to get the A* if I hace 59-60 in C3?
    Idk maybe, lets hope a lot of people missed out Q9 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I messed up the tangent question but I think I probably got about 70 or 71 on the paper but this means I might not even have 90 UMS so I really need to get cracking at some C4 over the weekend, as I haven't attempted any papers yet to ensure I get an A* in Maths.I am extremely confident I have already got the A* in Further Maths, due to the increased flexibility compared to Maths.
    Dude, you got a comfortable 90 UMS there, well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanta4TheBanter)
    You need a total of at least 180/200 UMS across C3/C4 and then a total of at least 480/600 across the 6 units from AS and A2 (C1,C2,C3,C4 and 2 applied modules).
    Hope this made sense.
    so if u get full marks in c1, c2, s1 at AS level, would it improve your chances of getting an A or even an A* at A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    yeah haha
    so hm around 72
    lets say 75 to be safe
    bruh, i don't speak ums. what's '72' or '75' in grade terms? an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    bruh, i don't speak ums. what's '72' or '75' in grade terms? an A?
    how do you not know this brah B init

ReputationRep:
    any more voters...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3399381

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR-addict)
    so if u get full marks in c1, c2, s1 at AS level, would it improve your chances of getting an A or even an A* at A2?
    C1,C2 and S1 will significantly help you towards getting an A grade(480/600) although they will only help you get an A* by helping you fulfil the (480/600) UMS requirement, you still need 180/200 over C3 and C4 as well as (480/600) UMS overall to get an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    72 UMS average on the remaining two should do it (total of 144 or more)
    Careful because S2, is generally a difficult module to achieve a very high mark.
    Aim high on C4

1) you may have just saved my uni place ! ahahahahah.

2) thanks for the IGYB papers btw; they were a massive help (compared to the ******** idiotic, barbaric, ********; cave-men times; past papers that those ******* gave us to prepare for this series of exams)

3) just to clarify; a '72' ums; is a B, right?

4) it's completely impossible to achieve an A* overall with my conditions/situation; isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR-addict)
    AS's help towards getting past the 480/600 threshold, but don't count towards an A* in single maths. It helps towards getting an A significantly.

ReputationRep:
    The bloody range questions crucify me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seriously guys, would you please stop talking about "question 10"? It doesn't exist and it's scaring the **** out of people I know that already missed out question 9!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    haven't got a clue what you're on about
    Question 5c?
    The tangent to the curve at P cuts the y-axis at the point A.
    Use calculus to find the coordinates of A.

Even the unofficial mark scheme had mentioned 1/20pi..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksmartiee)
    Question 5c?
    The tangent to the curve at P cuts the y-axis at the point A.
    Use calculus to find the coordinates of A.

Even the unofficial mark scheme had mentioned 1/20pi..
    what about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    1) you may have just saved my uni place ! ahahahahah.

2) thanks for the IGYB papers btw; they were a massive help (compared to the ******** idiotic, barbaric, ********; cave-men times; past papers that those ******* gave us to prepare for this series of exams)

3) just to clarify; a '72' ums; is a B, right?

4) it's completely impossible to achieve an A* overall with my conditions/situation; isn't it.

I mean 72% (UMS)
    (A* is unrealistic unless you achieve 100 in C4)

ReputationRep:
    I think on the question asking for the point it crossed the y axis I did it for the x axis. In my working I worked out the gradient correctly, worked out the equation of the line correctly, but put y=0 instead of x=0. I still got pi/3 as c, so I did have the intersection on y in the question.

How many marks would I lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I mean 72% (UMS)
    (A* is unrealistic unless you achieve 100 in C4)
    A* is not possible unless you have at least 80 ums in C3.

ReputationRep:
    will i get ecf marks if i messed up the iterative formula by not putting the "-1" in the calculator?
    and i got up to the y - (pi/2) = (1/24pi) (x - 4pi^2) but didn't have time to work out A, how many marks would i lose? and for 8b i got tanx = -1/3 but used degrees by mistake?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks for each of these answers? Could anyone care to help? pretty please

1)c) cot(pheta-45) = 1/tan(pheta-45)

2)c) I stupidly only solved the answer for one of the values, which was In(3.5)

3)c) k>1 and k<-1 --> forgot to multiply it by 2 root 5

8)b) I made (cos A + sin A)/(cosA - sinA) = 1/2 ... then I made (cosA+ sinA = 1)

9)b) and c) ... for 9b I found du/dx=1 and dv/=1 but I used the product rule instead of the quotient rule so I got the answer wrong. For 9c I said k is negative so my wrong dy/dx will always be positive (I even subbed in two figures to back it up and I concluded that it was an increasing function)

So many stupid mistakes...and I know I am pushing my luck with those answers, but if I were get or 1 or even 2 more marks from those them I would feel more secure haha

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries I suspect will be low for several reasons;

The sneaky question 9.
    Giving alpha in degrees instead of radians.
    Two 'state a reason' questions. Nobody likes words in maths.
    Several conflicts of accuracy between those who sat it.
    Loads of places to leak marks like the asymptote.
    A tricky overall paper. Nobody found that easy, not even you.
    Every question in that paper would make a gold paper, but would be one of the earlier questions,

52 B
    59 A
    66 A*
    100UMS will not be 75. That I can guarantee

P.S where can I vote for the difficulty?

ReputationRep:
    What grade / UMS would 54 be?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2016

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.