Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    I hate ecology so much. Last years paper would be so ideal as the.long question was on transction and translation, which I really enjoy but I don't think we'll get a lot of genetics in our paper
    It is boring topic I have to agree but it is the easiest topic because you don't really have to learn a lot of keywords for it. It's the same as AS biodiversity just with a bit more info. You just need some keywords such as maintaining biodiversity etc and that's all lol

Yeah genetics is really cool but that all came last year so we will only get 2-3 marks questions for that. I am really dreading meiosis topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    The responding to the environments section is the easiest by far and away. Half of it is AS psychology.
    Yeah and that will come up in the exam because it has lots of synoptic questions. So it's always good to learn that section

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    It is boring topic I have to agree but it is the easiest topic because you don't really have to learn a lot of keywords for it. It's the same as AS biodiversity just with a bit more info. You just need some keywords such as maintaining biodiversity etc and that's all lol

Yeah genetics is really cool but that all came last year so we will only get 2-3 marks questions for that. I am really dreading meiosis topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ideally, I'd want a question on operons and there are quite a few things to learn in ecology, like the nitrogen cycle and all that crap about productivity... lol meiosis never seems to have a clear cut answer

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, I'd want a question on operons and there are quite a few things to learn in ecology, like the nitrogen cycle and all that crap about productivity... lol meiosis never seems to have a clear cut answer
    I also like cloning and biotechnology. I'd love if they asked on the advantages and disadvantages of using microorganism sin biotechnology. Or advantages and disadvantages in vivo and in vitro cloning. Or continues and batch culture.

Nitrogen cycle isn't too hard just learn the bacteria names and what they do. Measuring productivity isn't too bad tbh. Yeah meiosis with those crap dihybrid crosses and all that takes a lot of time to do and is just stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if anyone needs help with PCR this is a really simple animation

http://www.maxanim.com/genetics/PCR/PCR.htm

if you need help on any specific topics just let me know, i've got loads of helpful animations

ReputationRep:
    4 Unit 5 exams this week... including f215, might commit sooner or later, so ****ing unprepared!!!

ReputationRep:
    I also like cloning and biotechnology. I'd love if they asked on the advantages and disadvantages of using microorganism sin biotechnology. Or advantages and disadvantages in vivo and in vitro cloning. Or continues and batch culture.

Nitrogen cycle isn't too hard just learn the bacteria names and what they do. Measuring productivity isn't too bad tbh. Yeah meiosis with those crap dihybrid crosses and all that takes a lot of time to do and is just stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are the advantages of disadvantages of in vitro/in vivo? My book says nothing about that

ReputationRep:
    What are the advantages of disadvantages of in vitro/in vivo? My book says nothing about that
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434289031.235999.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  195.2 KB
    That's all you need to know for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of using microorganisms in biotechnology?

ReputationRep:
    PREDICTIONS anyone? I rather just revise things that are likely to come up and not waste time :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    Who else feels absolutely screwed for this test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kinda, I got chem unit5 tomorrow, 1day to fully take control of f215, I need a few more days to recover for the worst chemistry exam lol.

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone explain linkage to me? (Not sex linkage)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    PREDICTIONS anyone? I rather just revise things that are likely to come up and not waste time :/
    Its a big risk, people did this for f214, then the stuff that they didnt revise came up. My advice would be to try cover everything moderately, youve got time abit of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanahey)
    Please could someone explain linkage to me? (Not sex linkage)
    Thanks
    Its basically that the alleles are on the same chromosome, so NO independent assortment and both alleles inherited together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SachinNeedsHelp)
    Kinda, I got chem unit5 tomorrow, 1day to fully take control of f215, I need a few more days to recover for the worst chemistry exam lol.
    what exam board is it? I have maths on tuesday as well, so I have an evening to cover all of F215 lmao

ReputationRep:
    Its basically that the alleles are on the same chromosome, so NO independent assortment and both alleles inherited together
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buxtonarmy)
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of using microorganisms in biotechnology?
    Microorganisms advantage;
    - Can be grown anywhere as not temperature dependant
    - Growth is very,quick
    - Can use substances for growth that may be harmful to us
    - Can be GM'ed to produce products (insulin)

Not sure about disads apart from "the health risks are unsure of" or something for S.C.P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    what exam board is it? I have maths on tuesday as well, so I have an evening to cover all of F215 lmao
    Damn... Gl lool
    Edexcel chem... worst exam board ever.

ReputationRep:
    Damn... Gl lool
    Edexcel chem... worst exam board ever.
    gonna be ****ing ****

yeah edexcel chem is bad, all those beta ocr people can't talk

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to tell the boundary for an A* and 100% on past papers as it doesn't list them on the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.