HE FELL OVA!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
I'm being optimistic and saying 5, if Nige is offered the chance I don't think we'll say no.
Nige might want to but look at it from the Tory position.. why go into coalition with a 5 seat party that may betray you as soon as the people vote in.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who says you need to be a skeptic, it'd just be nice to have the choice
Well, seeing as the Tories are planning a referendum, I'm happy as I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice of Nick to open with a laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't be too sure on that.
I would, I used to think he was surefire but having been there and seeing all the polls which show him second at best he won't be an MP.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
id rather do the right thing and be poor then give in to greed and take the easy way out... Plus there is no way of knowing what'll happen.
I still believe that economics should be the prime concern of the government before morals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Nice of Nick to open with a laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Come May 8th, he'll be crying.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
I still believe that economics should be the prime concern of the government before morals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, that leads to the rich being treated like gods and becoming untouchable. Morals and doing the right thing is always the most important thing.
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
You have to admit that his questions have been harder to answer. We're back to the easier principle stuff now; hence he is doing better.
You might consider me biased but in my view the audience have been pretty fair on both of them. It was primarily his replies that knocked him down initially. He did however give some definitive and admirable answers on occasions towards the end (especially on the coalition plans) that recovered his half hour.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I would, I used to think he was surefire but having been there and seeing all the polls which show him second at best he won't be an MP.
"All the polls" is a gross misrepresentation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I've been there too and once again I'd disagree. The polls are changing daily, marginal seats are called that for a reason and this GE is exceptionally close.

Well, seeing as the Tories are planning a referendum, I'm happy as I am
Can't say I didn't try :P

(Original post by Rakas21)
Nige might want to but look at it from the Tory position.. why go into coalition with a 5 seat party that may betray you as soon as the people vote in.
I'd see it from an opposite and invite UKIP as a way of ensuring they won't be awkward and bolster the opposition.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been there too and once again I'd disagree. The polls are changing daily, marginal seats are called that for a reason and this GE is exceptionally close.

Can't say I didn't try :P

I'd see it from an opposite and invite UKIP as a way of ensuring they won't be awkward and bolster the opposition.
Which bits? Live I said there seems to be a lot of dislike for him in the area.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for poor Cleggers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Which bits? Live I said there seems to be a lot of dislike for him in the area.
I don't know which bits I was just there on an action day :L

There's dislike for Andrew Smith in Oxford, doesn't mean he didn't get a 4500 person majority in 2010...
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
You might consider me biased but in my view the audience have been pretty fair on both of them. It was primarily his replies that knocked him down initially. He did however give some definitive and admirable answers towards the end (especially on the coalition plans) that recovered his half hour.
I don't think it was the pro Tory death trap the Paxman interviews were but "Why are there more people at foodbanks" is easier to answer than "Do you accept you overspent in the years 1997-2010". Historians will be debating the letter for years I'm sure.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol.

Ed miliband wants Cameron in government instead of Snp.

He killed Scottish Labour.

Thank you Ed!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for poor Cleggers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. He's the best statesman on the programme tonight by some margin. It would be a crying shame if he loses his seat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know which bits I was just there on an action day :L

There's dislike for Andrew Smith in Oxford, doesn't mean he didn't get a 4500 person majority in 2010...
Well like I said having been to sandwich and broadstairs there is a lot of anti-UKIP there.

FPTP...
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
No, that leads to the rich being treated like gods and becoming untouchable. Morals and doing the right thing is always the most important thing.
In an ideal world, we would revert to the old course and have a minimal government that had little purpose other than in balancing the books and upholding the rule of law. In the ideal world, it would be the duty of the rich to look after the poor. One nation conservatism will always be the way forward in my mind, and this can be achieved by providing financial incentives for the rich, i.e tax breaks, for providing properly for employees. This leads to increased profits, increased profits - business growth. Business growth - more jobs. More jobs - less people on benefits - less expenditure on benefits, which can result in government retrenchment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Yes. He's the best statesman on the programme tonight by some margin. It would be a crying shame if he loses his seat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed. He seems the most human and down to earth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads