Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NAP1029)
    Cool thanks! 😄
    It'll be the beginning of October, not the middle as it's supposed to come before the deadline for UCAS applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Does anyone know some resources for me to practice % change? Just need loads of questions.
    theres a set of a few. cant find the answer sheet on my memory stick though im afraid. BBC bitesize is pretty good as well
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf percentage_change_L6.pdf (115.7 KB, 87 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Percentage of Numbers 2.pdf (32.7 KB, 48 views)
  3. File Type: pdf Percentage of Nuber.pdf (33.4 KB, 64 views)

ReputationRep:
    Guys is the 100isc Ukcat book for AR a fair representation of the real exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    It'll be the beginning of October, not the middle as it's supposed to come before the deadline for UCAS applications.
    Oh yeah that makes sense 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)
    Can't do I'm afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes you can. I did as i got bored

ReputationRep:
    lol this time a week ago i was in my ukcat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    lol this time a week ago i was in my ukcat
    how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    So I've just done the mini mock for QR on medify and got a score of 550
    I didn't have time to answer 8 questions at the end and now i am panicking really bad as my exam is tomorrow.
    Can somebody please help me by giving me tips on how to do well on the QR section as well as how I can minimise the amount of time I spend on doing each question? I am absolutely sh**ing myself right now.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentleah)
    I didn't have time to answer 8 questions at the end and now i am panicking really bad as my exam is tomorrow.
    Can somebody please help me by giving me tips on how to do well on the QR section as well as how I can minimise the amount of time I spend on doing each question? I am absolutely sh**ing myself right now.

Thanks in advance
    i know your exam is tomorrow, but just make sure you can do the basic stuff. i went through bbc bitesize and made sure i can do stuff like percentage change and areas of a circle and stuff. i then made sure i could do questions like that so when it comes to QR i am able to know what they are asking me to do and what information is required fairly quickly.

a lot of people say if it looks like a long winded question or something reuqiring a lot of steps then guess or make an educated guess then flag and move on and if you have time then come back.

just practice! but dont stress

p.s a lot of people have said the QR in the exam is easier than medify so hopefully you will do better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    theres a set of a few. cant find the answer sheet on my memory stick though im afraid. BBC bitesize is pretty good as well
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentleah)

Thanks in advance
    DONT PANIC! I got 550 in the QR mini-mock as my timings were absolutely rubbish! After a few mocks you'll begin to get used to the timings (40 seconds a question and no more) and it'll become easier to finish the 36 questions. By the time I took my test I got 200 points higher than this so don't worry at all.

ReputationRep:
    DONT PANIC! I got 550 in the QR mini-mock as my timings were absolutely rubbish! After a few mocks you'll begin to get used to the timings (40 seconds a question and no more) and it'll become easier to finish the 36 questions. By the time I took my test I got 200 points higher than this so don't worry at all.
    How is the AR compared to medify or the official mocks in the actual exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha48124)
    How is the AR compared to medify or the official mocks in the actual exam
    It was mostly easy, however I found that the type 2,3 and 4 (well, one of them) questions very difficult, especially because of timing. I got about 15 of them and I just didn't have the time to answer them all so I had to guess.

ReputationRep:
    It was mostly easy, however I found that the type 2,3 and 4 (well, one of them) questions very difficult, especially because of timing. I got about 15 of them and I just didn't have the time to answer them all so I had to guess.
    Thank you for replying back. One other question. Would you say the VR was similar to medify/ official mocks or would you say there were of a higher level of difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for replying back. One other question. Would you say the VR was similar to medify/ official mocks or would you say there were of a higher level of difficulty.
    Similar to Medify mock 3 and the official mocks I felt. The questions themselves weren't that hard but the passages were long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    how did you find it?
    tbh it was hard. I got 716 tho and Band 1 so im happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    tbh it was hard. I got 716 tho and Band 1 so im happy
    For VR would you say there were a lot of comprehension type questions without keywords?

ReputationRep:
    For VR would you say there were a lot of comprehension type questions without keywords?
    the key words are hard in the time, i just guessed so many lol

ReputationRep:
    Vr:670
    AR:590
    QR:770
    average 677 total 2030
    Is this good enough for any london unis. St george maybe

ReputationRep:
    Guys does anyone know how to calculate scores from the official ukcat mocks....my exam is tomorrow and i just did mock 3

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.