Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To me Guardiola has underperformed so far in his career. Give me that Barca team and I'd have won the quintuple every season. 14 out of 18 trophies is a **** hit rate tbf. And there's no way anyone could say he's overachieved at Bayern, he has failed miserably with them.
    Am joking about Barca bit but do genuinely think he's underperformed at Bayern unless he wins the cl this year. Can't wait for him to get found out in the pl for the fraud he is, reckon a loss at Stoke away will be the final nail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    To me Guardiola has underperformed so far in his career. Give me that Barca team and I'd have won the quintuple every season. 14 out of 18 trophies is a **** hit rate tbf. And there's no way anyone could say he's overachieved at Bayern, he has failed miserably with them.
    Am joking about Barca bit but do genuinely think he's underperformed at Bayern unless he wins the cl this year. Can't wait for him to get found out in the pl for the fraud he is, reckon a loss at Stoke away will be the final nail
    Going to quote this as City again put 6 past us at the Etihad to go 10 points clear at the top of the table next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Going to quote this as City again put 6 past us at the Etihad to go 10 points clear at the top of the table next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Going to quote this when wenger has Guardiola in his back pocket at the emirates for the 4th time in his career...
    Imagine having Messi Xavi villa et al in your side and getting mugged off and hung out to dry by an rvp near post shot and fat russian counter....

ReputationRep:
    Nah those one off wins don't count. We're losing three games for every one game we win against "superior" sides anyway.

ReputationRep:
    That feeling when you've taken 10 points from a possible 12 against the rest of the top 5 and shawn still tries trolling.

Edit: I've said it a thousand times over it's our performances against slightly lesser sides (position 6-10) that is ****ing us over. 9 points from 7 games against them isn't good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They be doing that in May when they know only a win will guarantee them the league

ReputationRep:
    Going to quote this when wenger has Guardiola in his back pocket at the emirates for the 4th time in his career...
    Imagine having Messi Xavi villa et al in your side and getting mugged off and hung out to dry by an rvp near post shot and fat russian counter....
    I look forward to it...

I'd say it was worse losing to a team with Djourou and Eboue as part of their back 4 tbh. Some game that was btw. Probably my fave at the Emirates so far. Second leg still p*sses me off, if RVP hasn't been sent off/Bendtner wasn't sh*t we would have scored that late chance and gone through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    They be doing that in May when they know only a win will guarantee them the league
    We will have won the league by then and you will have deleted your account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So noW even Stoke are spending more on Central Midfielders than us

ReputationRep:
    Lets be real here if Neny had cost 25 mil and put in the performance he did people would be getting very excited. I thought he palyed really well tbf. Not going to say he's going to be great based on 1 game vs championship fodder but i certainly won't be ****ging him off either. Just give him time to perform and show what he's made of.

ReputationRep:
    Lets be real here if Neny had cost 25 mil and put in the performance he did people would be getting very excited. I thought he palyed really well tbf. Not going to say he's going to be great based on 1 game vs championship fodder but i certainly won't be ****ging him off either. Just give him time to perform and show what he's made of.
    thought he looked like Xavi tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Your FA Cup luck last season though... 3 Championship teams, 2 PL relegation battlers, and United.
    Lmao a United fan talking about luck draw. In the past 3 seasons (including this one) the two PL teams you've drawn have both knocked you out (Swansea 2014 and Arsenal 2015, both at Old Trafford).

Context is important btw. We played Hull in January (can't exactly call them relegation battlers at this time) and Villa after they had been relegated. Boro had also knocked out Man City and were top of the Championship.

ReputationRep:
    The league is pretty much over congratulations City. Wenger out

ReputationRep:
    Shawn is an amazing troll.

Kiddie fiddler take notes.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure someone else is posting on Shawn's account these days ????

ReputationRep:
    Think they might have taken over al account too tbf. Some awful awful chat coming from both of them

ReputationRep:
    Jam handing out posting tips is like letting Rolf Harris babysit your kids. Just shouldn't be done.

ReputationRep:
    I don't rate his work at Bayern that highly unless he pulls something impressive this season.

I wouldn't underrate his work at Barca, though. Gutted a team of superstars and won a ridiculous number of trophies. He could have done better but he still achieved a lot at Barca. It's easy to say that it was all down to the team/Messi but part of the reason they're rated so highly in the first place is because they won so many trophies (which Guardiola obviously played a part in).

It's like me saying 'even I could have gone unbeaten with the Invincibles squad.' It doesn't really mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Jam handing out posting tips is like letting @Shawn_o1 babysit your kids. Just shouldn't be done.
    fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Flamini starts. Elneny nowhere to be seen.

Well, that's another 3 points gone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.