Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    Ah okay, how are you finding C2/S1? + good luck with the rest of your exams!! btw
    C2 is basically an easier version of C4, so personally finding it ok, just some radian questions throw me off sometimes, and some geometric sequence questions throw me sometimes (when you have to find a or r), but other than that C2 is ok.

for S1 histograms throw me off the most, along with some of the normal distribution stuff, the rest of the questions are usually repeated year after year so not that bad, but i'm definitely going to avoid the mistake of under-estimating S1 this year :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomith)
    I have a bit of a story with S1 xD. Took it last year at AS and thought it was piss easy so i didn't revise it and ended up getting a D.
    Re-doing it and actually revising it i'm actually realising it isn't so easy, and i just hate revising S1 xD.
    Probability used to get me too, but once you learn all the rules the probability questions are basically the same each year, its normal distribution and histograms are what catch me :P.
    Well my S1 teacher told me I was a disappointment, so I guess there's no hope for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    Are you guys doing AQA or Edexcel?
    I'm doing OCR MEI maths

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for memorising chemistry notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Done a C2 Solomon Paper - I'm off to bed now and I'll hopefully do more tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C2 is basically an easier version of C4, so personally finding it ok, just some radian questions throw me off sometimes, and some geometric sequence questions throw me sometimes (when you have to find a or r), but other than that C2 is ok.

for S1 histograms throw me off the most, along with some of the normal distribution stuff, the rest of the questions are usually repeated year after year so not that bad, but i'm definitely going to avoid the mistake of under-estimating S1 this year :P
    Ah okay ,sounds like your preparations are going well & pun intended?

ReputationRep:
    I've gone over 8/9 turning to crime studies for psychology despite today's complications (I'm not going the one left until I fully understand it, worst comes to worst I won't learn it for the exam, there are around 60 studies to learn so I could get away with it )

Tomorrow's agenda:
    Review turning to crime section
    Start making a case section
    Do chem F325 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs4)
    Ah okay ,sounds like your preparations are going well & pun intended?
    Pun not intended xD. and i hope so, but i thought i was prepared for C1 and then.. yeah... apparently i wasn't :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I've gone over 8/9 turning to crime studies for psychology despite today's complications (I'm not going the one left until I fully understand it, worst comes to worst I won't learn it for the exam, there are around 60 studies to learn so I could get away with it )

Tomorrow's agenda:
    Review turning to crime section
    Start making a case section
    Do chem F325 paper
    What exam board do you do for psychology?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Moo)
    Edexcel Psychology wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today's revision plan:

Start off with some Moles Questions, followed by MATs, and enthalpy

1 C2 Gold paper and 1 C2 Solomon Paper.

Memorise 3 more chapters for history.

Memorise Cells.

Memorise maybe 6 more topics for chemistry.

And then we'll see how much time I have left after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got 65/75 in S1 June 2012, lost 4 marks because i read the bloody table wrong for normal distribution. I also hated question 5, because i hate histograms so it took me ages to figure out the frequency density scale... ugh.

Going to do C4 June 2012 then call it a night.

EDIT: Tomorrows Plan:
    C2 June 2014 R
    Biology Unit 4 January 2013
    F334 January 2013
    M1 January 2011
    F335 Going to blitz through the parts of each topic i don't remember yet
    Biology Unit 5 Going to make notes on Topic 3 and try and finish memorizing Topics 1/2
    If i have time i'll go through the F332 article again.
    Going to finish the C4 paper i started yesturday and then do the C2 paper. going to start at around 930.

ReputationRep:
    Today I am doing two C2 papers, and an M1 Paper. C2 papers usually take around 40 mins to complete, M1 I can barely finish in 80mins. That should take me until lunch, then I'm going to chill for an hour. After that I'm gonna review the papers I did in the morning.
    Then I will reluctantly do Culture and Identity revision for the exam on Tuesday. At this point I've given up on getting reasonable grades in Sociology.

ReputationRep:
    afternoon plan : i will start with finishing my chromatograph theory then ill do bio qs , ill do trig questions, unit 1 chem paper, vectors qs, unit 5 bio paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I may have gotten distracted by the nice weather and gone for a bike ride with my brother instead.....

Oh well, at 10:15, going to memorise another chapter for history and then take it from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Moo)
    I do OCR, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    It's been slow going but I've memorised a chapter for history and a tiny bit of Cells - gong to have breakfast now and then hopefully do cells

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Edexcel Psychology wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing AQA, I'm unsure if I want to keep it next year though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    I do OCR, wbu?
    I'm doing AQA, paper 2 tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    got 56/75 in the C4 paper, and 68/75 in the C2 paper.

happy with C2, C4 i need to work on vectors and rates more than anything :x.

Going to do a Unit 4 Chemistry and Biology paper now before checking in next .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.