Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Thing is, my second choice is in the US (berkeley) and i'd have to leave tomorrowish (but I could find a way around it if I really had to), so finding out asap would be extremely useful. On the other hand, I'm worried I might be more likely to be rejected if I try to find out early. Are you sure I should call? I would rather wait then reduce my chances of getting into cambridge. And what dyu think of calling vs email? If I call would they just inform me I'd been pooled or rejected?
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    I'd still call, just so you can check the status of your application and when they will get back to you. Do you have your grades now?
    Yes in this situation I'd call
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Yeah my IB grades came out a few weeks ago and STEP results a few hours ago. Also, why not email? I'm really worried about seeming pushy forcing them to rush a decision leading to a rejection :/
    You could email, but it could potentially delay the process. I would call just to see where you first stand, and then from there email from that point on to have full progress.

Keep us updated
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Thing is, my second choice is in the US (berkeley) and i'd have to leave tomorrowish (but I could find a way around it if I really had to), so finding out asap would be extremely useful. On the other hand, I'm worried I might be more likely to be rejected if I try to find out early. Are you sure I should call? I would rather wait then reduce my chances of getting into cambridge. And what dyu think of calling vs email? If I call would they just inform me I'd been pooled or rejected?
    You certainly won't increase your chance of rejection. Your circumstances warrant you being near the top of the pile of decisions as it is pretty time sensitive. Email now and follow up later in the day (mid-afternoon) with a phone call if you haven't heard anything.

We prioritise the most urgent decisions where candidates have overseas university offers or where they've missed their insurance offer and will need to go into clearing if we don't waive the conditions. I appreciate this can seem frustrating to others but we are trying to act in the best interests of our offer-holders.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    If you're under consideration by Cambridge this means you haven't been rejected at UCAS and can't enter clearing. If you want to enter clearing you need to phone your College and ask to be released. This will put you out of any further contention here.
    That's what I thought. Thanks.

I can't get my results until ten, but my track has updated to 'Congratulations, your place at University of Cambridge for Mathematics has been confirmed'. I suppose it's final now?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    I can't get my results until ten, but my track has updated to 'Congratulations, your place at University of Cambridge for Mathematics has been confirmed'. I suppose it's final now?
    Yes - you're in

ReputationRep:
    4A*s! See you all in October!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Indeed! :woo:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    4A*s! See you all in October!
    Yay!

(Original post by jneill)
    Yes - you're in
    Indeed! :woo:
    Thanks guys, it's still hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Duke Glacia thank you for your messages I can't reply for some reason
    Congrats to you too
    See you at fresher's!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, it's still hard to believe.
    Well done again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    You certainly won't increase your chance of rejection. Your circumstances warrant you being near the top of the pile of decisions as it is pretty time sensitive. Email now and follow up later in the day (mid-afternoon) with a phone call if you haven't heard anything.

We prioritise the most urgent decisions where candidates have overseas university offers or where they've missed their insurance offer and will need to go into clearing if we don't waive the conditions. I appreciate this can seem frustrating to others but we are trying to act in the best interests of our offer-holders.
    You could email, but it could potentially delay the process. I would call just to see where you first stand, and then from there email from that point on to have full progress.

Keep us updated

Thanks I emailed trinity and they replied saying I'd been put into the pool and would only find out the outcome around 18:00 tomorrow :/ guess i'll wait and see - maybe buy some really last minute plane tickets
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Thanks I emailed trinity and they replied saying I'd been put into the pool and would only find out the outcome around 18:00 tomorrow :/ guess i'll wait and see - maybe buy some really last minute plane tickets
    What were your UMS grades? What has your insurance said?

ReputationRep:
    Haha missed my offer by overall 5 grades.
    Comeon homerton, shudve rejected my broke ass.
    Got BBBBBBBBBBBBbBB hahahaha.
    Im laughing so much.
    Missed AFM by 2 UMS do got a B instead of A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also physics is just physics.
    Atleast i got an A in a physics paper for the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Haha missed my offer by overall 5 grades.
    Comeon homerton, shudve rejected my broke ass.
    Got BBBBBBBBBBBBbBB hahahaha.
    Im laughing so much.
    Missed AFM by 2 UMS do got a B instead of A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    bants

did you do well in STEP?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Also physics is just physics.
    Atleast i got an A in a physics paper for the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    physicsAmathsA*A*B

ReputationRep:
    physicsmaths, Serine Sоul, Zacken, Duke Glacia, C0balt

All of you folks claimed that you'll fail (especially Serine Soul) and then you nail your A levels. I told ya! You gonna nail 'em and get in.

Congratzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    4 A*s; I'm in; Don't think I've ever been more relieved in my life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.